Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acupuncurist in Galway for tinnitus sufferer?

Options
  • 25-11-2010 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭

Hi

I recently got tinnitus from an ear trauma to my left ear, it's recent so i am hoping acupuncture may be a key to my recovery as the doctors are about as useful as a..... oh christ i don't know but they are no help.

If anyone knows of one that has helped others with their tinnitus, or is just generally very good, it would be most most appreciated. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Let's not get into a big medical argument here, thanks.

OP there are several acupuncturists in Galway, you can try ringing them and see if they even offer treatment?
    http://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&q=acupuncture+galway

• Registered Users Posts: 11 irishangel

Hi, I suffered from chronic sinusitis for 4 years. I was recommended Dr Ray Doyle by a friend. He is a fully trained GP, who has done acupuncture for quite a number of years. I had 4 sessions with him about a year ago & I haven't had a problem since:). Best money I ever spent. I'll PM you his details.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭jackthelad321

irishangel wrote: »
    Hi, I suffered from chronic sinusitis for 4 years. I was recommended Dr Ray Doyle by a friend. He is a fully trained GP, who has done acupuncture for quite a number of years. I had 4 sessions with him about a year ago & I haven't had a problem since:). Best money I ever spent. I'll PM you his details.

That's encouraging. I'd love to have a chat with him!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

irishangel wrote: »

I'm delighted to read your encouraging post. I've been suffering from chronic sinusitis for a number of years and get several flare ups each year sometimes lasting a couple of months. The post nasal drip causes coughs that take ages to clear. It just gets me down but hopefully I can see light at the end of the tunnel.

My GP recommended acupuncture, she herself used to suffer from chronic sinusitis and when she lived in Australia someone recommended acupuncture to her. She was a bit doubtful but tried it and was so impressed that she trained in it herself.

I had my first session last week with someone that works with her and the improvement has been impressive and without any medication. I had my second session last night and another one booked for next week.

My GP advised that I have an annual appointment in August/September just to boost my immune system and hopefully get me over the winter.

I have tried homeopathy, indian head massage,aromatherapy, allergy testing and naso-endoscopy as well as all the usual home remedies and nothing worked.

I'm paying €50 per 45 min appointment which is less than what my GP charges and when you take the cost of antibiotics and repeated GP appointments and repeat perscriptions then acupuncture can work out ok pricewise. I just hope this works.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gaillimhabu

I suffer from sinus problems most of the year. Always seem to have a stuffy nose. Getting a belt on the nose playing gaelic hasnt helped too as I'd say there is some soft tissue damage there.

irishangel, deise mum: Can you pm me the no of the person you went too. Hopefully they can help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

I'm from Galway but live in Waterford so I'm unable to recommend anyone in Galway. I'm just delighted to see irishangel's encouraging post.

Although I've only had 2 sessions in the last week I've definitely noticed a huge improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭evoke

i was at a investor presentation last month. It is were business that are looking for big money to turn their product into a business and start selling.

I never heard of tinnitus until then. this guy had invented a device for dealing with tinnitus. it is called mute button. it is will suppress the noise after using it for a while. He said you had to listen to music from this device for 30 minutes in the morning and 30 minutes at night.

He was looking for huge money so i say it would work if he wanted to make a product out of it. At the time of the presentation aswell he said he had started trials on it. maybe you could contact them and get on the trial.

his name was Dr. Ross O'Neill from NUI maynooth and his device is called mutebutton.

Let me know how you get on if you get in contact.

Advertisement