Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Alarm Monitoring other than Phonewatch

Options
  • 25-11-2010 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭

Was wondering about the possibility of changing alarm monitoring as I think the Phonewatch system is quite expensive - every bit of expenditure coming under scrutiny now!

Does anyone know of alternatives???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

You could try Emergency Response. I know loads of people who use them for social monitoring and that is their main area of business but they do intruder alarms also. You won't get much info from their website as it seems very out of date www.emergencyresponse.ie but try giving them a call 1850247999

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭altor

scout353 wrote: »
    Was wondering about the possibility of changing alarm monitoring as I think the Phonewatch system is quite expensive - every bit of expenditure coming under scrutiny now!

Does anyone know of alternatives???

If you are trying to save yourself money some of there systems can be configured to contact you instead of the monitoring station. I would need to know the system installed to give you more info on this.

If you did decide you want it monitored you would need to ring local alarm company's to change the setup of the alarm to contact a different monitoring station. Either way you will save money compared to what EP charge :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭marienbad

gglsecurity.com, 353 61 319077, highly recommended.

marienbad wrote: »
    gglsecurity.com, 353 61 319077, highly recommended.

Why :confused:

altor wrote: »
    Why :confused:

Competitive rates/very efficient/ flexible- will design a package to meet individual needs

• Advertisement

Competitive rates/very efficient/ flexible- will design a package to meet individual needs

What type of package do they do for residential alarms ?

How much do they charge for residential alarm maintenance ?

How much do they charge for residential alarm monitoring ?

What type of package do they do for residential alarms ?

How much do they charge for residential alarm maintenance ?

How much do they charge for residential alarm monitoring ?

For that you will have to speak to them, OP asked for alternatives,I gave one that I found useful.

For that you will have to speak to them, OP asked for alternatives,I gave one that I found useful.

They are just a monitoring station. For the OP to get his alarm monitored by them he will need to get an registered installer to sign him up to them. They cant design a package to meet individual needs as they cant take over any alarm :rolleyes:

They are just a monitoring station. For the OP to get his alarm monitored by them he will need to get an registered installer to sign him up to them. They cant design a package to meet individual needs as they cant take over any alarm :rolleyes:

Sorry, you are incorrect there, they are a lot more than a monitoring station, and they can take over your alarm monitoring on a phone call. ( they certainly did in my case) , no installer involved at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

In most cases the alaram monitoring company will contact the keyholder , usually yourself. Many of the alarms can be reconfigured to dial your mobile number in the case of an intrusion. This cuts out the cost for the monitoring company. I am not sure if the eircom phonewatch alarm can be reconfigured but you should check the possibility of doing this. ;)

• Advertisement

Sorry, you are incorrect there, they are a lot more than a monitoring station,

I am sorry but it is you who are wrong here. They monitor the alarm. They dont service, maintain or install alarms. They dont have a license to do this.
    and they can take over your alarm monitoring on a phone call. ( they certainly did in my case) , no installer involved at all.

Please explain how they could do this :confused:

If you have an alarm you want to put through to there monitoring station they will put you in touch with a local alarm company to reconfigure your alarm to contact there monitoring station. In your case I cant see how what you say is possible as if you where with a different monitoring station and changed monitoring station to there one like you say, the contact phone numbers of the old monitoring station would still programmed in the panel :confused:

I am sorry but it is you who are wrong here. They monitor the alarm. They dont service, maintain or install alarms. They dont have a license to do this.

Please explain how they could do this :confused:

If you have an alarm you want to put through to there monitoring station they will put you in touch with a local alarm company to reconfigure your alarm to contact there monitoring station. In your case I cant see how what you say is possible as if you where with a different monitoring station and changed monitoring station to there one like you say, the contact phone numbers of the old monitoring station would still programmed in the panel :confused:

OP asked for a recommendation, I gave one I found satisfactory, don't understand why you are making such a fuss. Are they a competitor or something ?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭wishy

mcm security, €154 per year residential. cost about €60 plus vat for alarm company to switch it.
    which ever monitoring station you chose, make sure and set off your alarm twice a year to see how long it takes for them to ring you. you will easily see which are genuine and which are cowboys. and believe you me there are cowboys out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

Thanks for the replies.

I think the idea of the unit dialling me is a good one as that's all EP do. Any time the alarm went off I went home to check rather than have them alert gardai.

OP asked for a recommendation, I gave one I found satisfactory, don't understand why you are making such a fuss.

You gave wrong advice to the OP.

You cant even answer how a different monitoring station took over your alarm without changing your account plus the phone numbers the alarm contacts the monitoring station on :confused:
    Are they a competitor or something ?

I am sorry but this was my reply to the OP
    If you are trying to save yourself money some of there systems can be configured to contact you instead of the monitoring station. I would need to know the system installed to give you more info on this.

If you did decide you want it monitored you would need to ring local alarm company's to change the setup of the alarm to contact a different monitoring station. Either way you will save money compared to what EP charge :D

I have no financial gain to be made whoever the OP chooses to take over the monitoring of their alarm as you can see from my reply I advised them to contact local alarm company's.

I am just pointing out the advice you gave is wrong.

Advertisement