Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Head Torches

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

Love them!!

Started out with a little Siju and went onto a Ninox. Siju perfect for city running as its a limited range of light but enough to highlight footpath obstacles.

I now have an X-Trail as most of my running is on black back roads around Galway. The lamp is also perfect for running in the woods as there is a good centre focus, without glare, and a decent spill light allowing awareness of the surroundings.

It does eat batteries fast though so rechargeable are worth a buy with it bar that brilliant torch used mine a few times now in dark forests on trail runs and lights up the area lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭mrroboito

I use one of these, it works really well for me though in fairness I haven't used another type so I won't be making comparisons. I mainly run with it on a lakeshore, so flat with a mix of sand and rock as well as a few mucky patches. It lights up directly in front of me and also gives me a good sense of what to expect next.
    I've used it on forest and boggy hill trails that I'm familiar with where it's also worked well for me. I reckon I've got about 25 hours of battery life out of it so far, not sure how long it will last yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭hot to trot

I had a long run yesterday and there was relentless rain all day. I took off torch and put it in bumbag once daylight came about . Later I noticed the light was still on and had to take the batteries out to turn it off. There seemed to be water in the battery compartment as well.
    Anyone else have this problem? I hope it hasnt ruined the torch which otherwise I found excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

mrroboito wrote: »
    I reckon I've got about 25 hours of battery life out of it so far, not sure how long it will last yet.

I find the light steps down to save power once the batteries are low so its really easy to not get caught out with a dead lamp in the middle of a run. I've tempted fate and done 3 x 1 hour runs with low battery, still no sign of the batteries giving up but I will recharge them for the next one.

Advertisement