Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Saved Word file will not open.

• 25-11-2010 10:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭

Hi, I have been working on an essay on word and saving it as I go. I just finished writing another part there and saved as usual replacing the previous draft to my desktop. When I try to open it up now however it will not open and a box pops up on my screen saying...

"Window's cannot open file, the file might be in use by another application, the file format may not be supported by any of the installed converters, or the file may be corrupt"

Am worried I have somehow lost the work now. Anyone know what might be wrong, and is it likely it will open on another computer?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭DeadMoney

I just downloaded it, how exactly does it work?

bedlam wrote: »
    If you have Vista or Windows 7 and VSS is enabled you should be able to recover an older version of the files.

Right click on the file, select properties and then previous versions from the window that opens.

http://www.lehigh.edu/helpdesk/docs/shadow/copy.html

Thanks but I can't seem to find my H: drive in 'Computer'. You know how to find this on vista?

I think what may be wrong is that I have saved the word file twice on my computer. When I do a F3 search for it, it returns two files. The first is title.wps
    and the second is title(2).wps. I cannot open either but the box that appears says "the file may be in use by another application" so I am thinking this has something to do with it. I also emailed this essay to myself as an attached file but this was after I could not re-open it. I am sort of hoping that it will open for me when I try it from the computers in my college library tomoro as they have more programs on them than my own. It doesn't make sense though as I did not delete anything and all my other word files open fine.

Advertisement