Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom broadband router

• 25-11-2010 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭

folks,

A friend of mine moved into an appartment where the line was not disconnected and the previous incumbent is still paying for line rental and broadband. We have tried to contact the guy but with no joy.

Now the eircom router isn't in the appartment but another friend has a spare eircom router from moving house before, if we connected that up to the eircom line in the appartment would we be able to get broadband or is the line specific to the router that was their originally?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭rob808

goalie2 wrote: »
    folks,

A friend of mine moved into an appartment where the line was not disconnected and the previous incumbent is still paying for line rental and broadband. We have tried to contact the guy but with no joy.

Now the eircom router isn't in the appartment but another friend has a spare eircom router from moving house before, if we connected that up to the eircom line in the appartment would we be able to get broadband or is the line specific to the router that was their originally?
    well yea but if someone else paying wouldnt that be stealing since he paying for the broadband

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭goalie2

Yip we have got his name from Eircom, tried ringing the guy but got no return calls, seemingly they left the appartments months ago. We probably will disconnect the line and reconnect under my friends name.

Advertisement