Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

lapierre x-lite scandium road frameset

• 25-11-2010 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭

Has anyone any experience with these frames? I have been offered one second hand.

Seems nice and light - ugly though. supposed to be very stiff as well.

What would one expect to pay for this - its about 4 years old but not a lot of use - the guy has at least 10 bikes

pictures of the frame in this us ad.

http://skagit.craigslist.org/bik/2000715677.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Single Malt

I know someone who had one. Its a fair few years old, the scandium frame. I think 06 or 07 was the last model year, but I am not certain. It is light, still competitive by today's terms. It is also stiff and uncomfy. A fair price I cannot say, as I do not know the original retail price of the frameset. I would not pay more than 40-50% of the retail price due to the years of use its probably had. What is the build?

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Crippens1

Hi, I recently bought a second hand Viper scandium MTB frame and am very impressed with it. I paid €150 for it and consider it very good value at that price.

It is very light, very well made (e.g., very clean welds, good paint job) and very rigid. I intend to use it mainly for commuting and a little off-roading and will be changing between rigid and suspension front forks.

Advertisement