Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

South Tipp General election thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

Prendergast would be most likely to get my number one, not necessarily by her own brilliance, but that shes up against a shower of wasters (and I dont just mean FF). In fairness to her though her intentions are good, shes a true woman of the people and she deserves to be elected.
    Mattie is trying to get everyone's vote. He won't desert FF because he wants their vote, he only voted against the Government in support of RISE - another vote pitch there.

I was sure hes declared himself to be running independently in the next election?

Someone alluded earlier on in the thread that hed stick with them and benefit from the hardcore FF strongholds. I dont believe hell go down that line. The tribalism attitude in Newcastle and the surrounding Bally-go-backwards areas will be enough to get him through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭WildOscar

I'll give her Number One because she's the only one who has actually done anything. While Healy has everyone marching up and down to save our hospital she actually made a feck of Harney over St Michaels and has so far kept it open. .
    can you provide evidence it was prendergast alone that kept michaels open. I doubt it.How did she make a feck of harney?
    Healys march did a lot not that iw ould vote for him either but i don't think she kept michaels open on her own. if she did she can stop celebrating as it will close anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 The Nightwatchman

She made a feck of Moloney, sorry. I know people at the hospital. Apparently, when the closure of St Michael's was announced it shocked everyone. They knew it was under threat but no-one knew the plans were that far advanced. When Prendergast asked Moloney when he knew about the closure he dodged the question for months until he finally admitted he knew nothing about the plan and nobody told him it was going to close. Suddenly there was an internal investigation into who was up to what in the HSE. The report was given to the Minister but he won't publish it. But he hasn't closed the hospital either. It was supposed to shut last month.

She made a feck of Moloney, sorry. I know people at the hospital. Apparently, when the closure of St Michael's was announced it shocked everyone. They knew it was under threat but no-one knew the plans were that far advanced. When Prendergast asked Moloney when he knew about the closure he dodged the question for months until he finally admitted he knew nothing about the plan and nobody told him it was going to close. Suddenly there was an internal investigation into who was up to what in the HSE. The report was given to the Minister but he won't publish it. But he hasn't closed the hospital either. It was supposed to shut last month.
    it will likely close and if not no way is it all down to prendergast.
    The report was given to the Minister but he won't publish it
    FOI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

Why is there not more of an outcry about the closure of ST.Michaels unit.Reading the Nationalist a couple of weeks ago,there was reports that it will go in the next year,yet I dont hear much on our local radio.We had a big march about South Tipp general hospital,and I suppose ST.Michaels would be part of that,but there doesnt seem to be the same will to keep this section open...maybe I am wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Saw a couple of Seamus Healy posters up today. I don't have much confidence in him, he had he's chance but there is one seat up for grabs I think.

EKRIUQ wrote: »
    Saw a couple of Seamus Healy posters up today. I don't have much confidence in him, he had he's chance but there is one seat up for grabs I think.
    better than prendergast anyway who used him to get in then abandoned ship ditto darren muppet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

Will there be a second Fine Gael candidate?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

I'm guessing more than likely. FF are going to take a hammerimng all over so FG would try to capilalise on that as much as possible. Tom Hayes is probably safe, so it's probably worth FG's while to have a second candidate here too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭archtech

Michael Murphy is the second FG candidate as far as I know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

archtech wrote: »
    Michael Murphy is the second FG candidate as far as I know.

Probably looking for the Clonmel vote and Tom Hayes should get a lot of the Cashel vote. The way I call it at the moment it will be Tom Hayes, Mattie McGrath and then the third place is up for grabs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭cml387

I would be quite simply astonished if Seamus Healy is not returned (and I am not a supporter).
    With FG getting the second seat I think Mattie might sneak third.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭touts

EKRIUQ wrote: »

How is Healy getting away with that. There is a national ban on election posters outside the declared election period. As I recall there is a big fine per poster. Healy must either have money to burn or someone isnt enforcing the law.

Thanks, just found Michael Murphy's site here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭cml387

So Mattie is jumping ship officially.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0125/treacyn.html

I'd have more respect for someone who,being FF all their life,stuck with them through thick and thin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Reginald P. DuM

If Mattie gets up, may the entire constituency hang their heads in shame.. Think we all should be able to see through him at this stage..

My prediction is Hayes, Healy and either Murphy or yer wan from Operation Transformation! If she gets in we shouldnt be too proud either!

cml387 wrote: »
    So Mattie is jumping ship officially.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0125/treacyn.html

I'd have more respect for someone who,being FF all their life,stuck with them through thick and thin.

Saves him having to put up with all the FF stick he's get at the door step and I think he has a better chance of getting in. He wasn't going to get any vote from me if he was FF, now I'll will give him a vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

tippspur wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised if two faced Mattie deserted the sinking ship and went Independant in the next election.
    Exactly as I said in the first page of this thread,no surprise really.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Carrickbhoy

Dymo wrote: »
    Saves him having to put up with all the FF stick he's get at the door step and I think he has a better chance of getting in. He wasn't going to get any vote from me if he was FF, now I'll will give him a vote.

He does not have a hope of getting in he is an embarrassment to the people of South Tipp. Mattie, Healy-Rae and Lowry should all be shot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭julyjane

Have FF decided who they are running? If Mansergh runs again I think it goes without saying that he hasn't got a hope in hell so they'll surely run another candidate.

• Advertisement

Yeah,Mansergh is running for FF.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭touts

julyjane wrote: »
    Have FF decided who they are running? If Mansergh runs again I think it goes without saying that he hasn't got a hope in hell so they'll surely run another candidate.

According to Tipp FM Squire Mansergh is the only official candidate. But people shouldn't be fooled. McGrath is Fianna Fail and TippExing over the logo makes no difference. He voted to get us into this mess and the voters of South Tipp should not forget that. The fact that Fianna Fail only selected the squire is proof that they see McGrath as their safe seat. If we are stupid enough to be conned by him he will be back in the party within a week waving a worthless piece of paper saying Fianna Fail will fight to protect the rights of breeding bitches, stag hunters and Clonmel Hopsital patients (strictly in that order).

touts wrote: »
    According to Tipp FM Squire Mansergh is the only official candidate. But people shouldn't be fooled. McGrath is Fianna Fail and TippExing over the logo makes no difference.

It's not some type of secret, everyone knows he was a Fianna Fail candidate at the last election. At least he refused to toe the party line and become a sheep like other Fianna Fail back benchers where as Mansergh wanted to become the spokes person for Bertie and Cowen. AS much as I hate to say it Manseragh has a good chance of getting in. A lot of Fianna Fail voters will only vote for Fianna Fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭julyjane

A lot of Fianna Fail voters will only vote for Fianna Fail.

True, and I also think there is a lot of apathy around and many people mightn't bother voting, but hardcore FF supporters will be fighting for seats, so if there's only a 50% turnout (if even that much!) then 13% support for FF could be nearly 26% of the total poll and after transfers etc. Manseragh could just scrape it like he did the last time. Although personally I hope not.

McGrath had a lot of support in the last election but since then he has ruffled a few feathers I don't know that he'll have the same level of support. But if he does win a seat then Fianna Fáil will want to welcome him back in with open arms.

massive_fail_2.jpg

That will be on the front door...In fact I donrt want any of the feckers knocking at me door..they might get a belt of a bike!!!!!!!!

I think I'll print that out Pakie and put it on my own front door:)

I see Cowan has called it a day,good riddance.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭MonsterMob

At least he refused to toe the party line and become a sheep like other Fianna Fail back benchers .

Are you taking the piss, he only did this to look after his own seat, not in the interest of the party or the people! I remember being on the march for the south tipp hospital and while he wasn't involved in the march he made sure to have his vans with his picture plastered all over them along the route. A cowboy of the highest order! I actually get angry when I think of what a gombeen I have representing me, it's an insult to my intelligence...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Anyone hear of any incident with Mattie in cashel yesterday.

• Advertisement

tipptom wrote: »
    Anyone hear of any incident with Mattie in cashel yesterday.

Not yet... tell me more...

Advertisement