Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

South Tipp General election thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Poor auld Matty seem to be getting desperate at this stage,leaflets coming in the letterbox today all most begging for people to vote for him,it says on the leaflet 'My seat is in danger':rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

tippspur wrote: »
    Poor auld Matty seem to be getting desperate at this stage,leaflets coming in the letterbox today all most begging for people to vote for him,it says on the leaflet 'My seat is in danger':rolleyes:

"My seat" indeed. What arrogance. I agree with ReacherCreacher that facebook has been brilliant. Mattie defriended me after I asked him an awkward yet pertinent question. Hayes and Murphy all the way from me. I have my eye on those internships that FG will introduce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

The lack of canvassing has me thinking that I wont bother me arse voting,The fcukers want a job,but they wont come for the interview:mad:.All a shower of wasters.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Tremelo wrote: »
    "My seat" indeed. What arrogance. I agree with ReacherCreacher that facebook has been brilliant. Mattie defriended me after I asked him an awkward yet pertinent question. Hayes and Murphy all the way from me. I have my eye on those internships that FG will introduce.

It's been interesting to see Hayes and Murphy take on questions and provide answers to people. McGrath doesn't seem to be doing this - how can I know when he has his page on private? Even Browne's page is open and he isn't discussing a whole lot. It's ridiculous McGrath leaving his page blocked, as seen on my last visit.

Voting tomorrow, excitement's increasing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

Well, the time is nigh, and I got to speak to no candidates. I just got canvasers working on behalf of Healy and eventually Manseragh, (and I knew those very well before this and I think they called just to annoy me :) ). NO effort by Sinn Fein, The Greens, Labour, or Fine Gael.

I know facebook is working for them, but every other election I've had visits from them all. Maybe it's the way electioneering is moving, but with that I'm old school; along with using the peann luaidhe, as Aherne called it, to mark my vote. I like to talk to someone who's looking for my vote, or those who speak for them, face to face.

(I had to look up the spelling for peann luaidhe. :D . After 16 years of school, I still can't handle Irish. Fianna Gael might be right to not make it compulsary, and let those who have an interest in it learn it, instead of forcing it down our throats and not learning it at all)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭julyjane

Predictions anyone? :D

Mine is either Hayes or Healy to make the quota
    The other to be elected on the 2nd count
    McNally eliminated on the first count
    Mansergh & Browne eliminated on the second count

Prendergast, McGrath or Murphy to win the 3rd seat on transfers I couldn't call it. Possibly McGrath on Manserghs transfers if the loyal FF supporters still have faith in him

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

julyjane wrote: »

Prendergast, McGrath or Murphy to win the 3rd seat on transfers I couldn't call it. Possibly McGrath on Manserghs transfers if the loyal FF supporters still have faith in him

Similar to you.

Hayes
    Healy
    I think will be the first 2 past the post then maybe
    Healy, Mattie or Murphy.

Hedging my bets but I think Murphy will get a lot of transfers from Hayes transfers, Browne and McNally. Mansergh's transfers will probably go to Prendergast and Mattie.

Hard to call but I think I think Prendergast will squeeze it.

I'm voting for FG 1 & 2 and Independent 3 because I want a strong government in power.

Hayes
    Healy
    I think it will be like a horse race between Matie and Phil for the third seat,with Prendergast winning by a nose.I am not a fan of Phil or Mattie,In fact I am still floating.The last poster said he hoped for Independents to make a strong Government.....We dont need the Lowerys or the Healy rays though,They didnt make it strong for the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

julyjane wrote: »

Damn. That's the question. McGrath, I think because of his "former" Fianna Fail connections will do him harm.

I think it's between Prendergast and Murphy. If pushed...............Murphy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Just reading this now.
    Been concentrating more on the Tipp North thread where my vote is

Interesting to see all the facebook references and asking questions over facebook. Haven't seen that at all on the North thread, don't think anybody tried that.

Anyway, from my uninformed opinion

Hayes
    Healy
    The bould Mattie McGrath to edge out Prendergast

Murphy will get eliminated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭cml387

I wouldn't count out Mattie

Hain't we got all the fools in town on our side? And ain't that a big enough majority in any town? -Mark Twain

I'd rather Phil Prendergast than Mattie, they will probably be numbers 3 and 5 for me although I haven't got in there yet.

Even if Murphy ultimately gets eliminated I'd say he will still poll well and will be FGs next in line to the Tom Hayes throne if TH retires at the next election, whenever that may be!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Voted earlier. Feels good!

Do you need to be a member of a party,or can anyone get into the count,or what way does it work?.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

Looking good for Hayes and Healy as expected.

Looking at the tweet tweet and listening to Beat with a report from the count centre in Clonmel.What have Tipp Fm,but a recording of some programme during the week:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Can't believe McGrath might take the final seat, bloody disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭JKM

Bloody discrace? This is a democracy, no?

MCGrath mightn't do too well on the transfers, I get the impression people either love him or hate him so they won't give him a number 2 vote, it'll be either number 1 or nothing. I could be wrong though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭MinnyMinor

DT100 wrote: »
    Looking at the tweet tweet and listening to Beat with a report from the count centre in Clonmel.What have Tipp Fm,but a recording of some programme during the week:rolleyes:
    what do you expect?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

JKM wrote: »
    Bloody disgrace? This is a democracy, no?

One is entitled to express dislike of a particular candidate in a democracy no ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭MinnyMinor

Can't believe McGrath might take the final seat, bloody disgrace.
    looking more like murphy now? two FG and Healy

Voted earlier. Feels good!

Great feeling to leave that blank space beside Mansergh and Mattie. while both may possibly still get in (although i think Mansergh in trouble), it is my most effective way of saying f*ck you to these 2 gombeens who stood by a poison government the last 3 and a half years. The only thing mcgrath had a difference of opinion on was bloody stag hunting. the other browl got votes from this constituency and wont even get out of his f*cking car this time around.

Looking at RTE there now it looks like an awful lot of FF trensfers are going to FG,so Murphy could out vote Mattie yet.It's going to be an interesting finish in South Tipp.

FF/Greens getting slaughtered.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭clansman

first count in
    browne 1860
    hayes 8896
    healy 8818
    mansergh 5419
    mcgrath 6074
    ncnally 367
    murphy 5402
    prendergast 4525

going to be close... for the 3rd seat

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭DJKendo

surprised how low Phil Prendergast was for the first count.

will if surely be Mattie for the 3rd set now, or is there any chance at all of Murphy or Mansergh?

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭clansman

hard to know whats going to happen on the second count... SF and GP votes could go to anyone..

Please let Murphy get the 3rd seat!

• Advertisement

Phil Prendergast eliminated :eek:

The distribution of those votes should stir things up a bit!

Advertisement