Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tipperary North election thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Done and done :cool:

Anyone else checking in?

Yep..around noon, steady stream of voters that time.

Just noticed this morning my polling card had no polling station or number on it - blank. No hassle though, I know the presiding officer.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 up tipp 2010

Just back from casting my vote, but was a little surprised that the Presiding Officer was asking the person ahead of me for proof of identity as i saw the person giving their polling card to the Presiding Officer. Were many people asked to show I.D even after showing their polling card?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

Just back from casting my vote, but was a little surprised that the Presiding Officer was asking the person ahead of me for proof of identity as i saw the person giving their polling card to the Presiding Officer. Were many people asked to show I.D even after showing their polling card?

This is standard practice if the officers don't know you personally. There's no photo on the polling card, you could be anyone. In fact you don't even need your polling card to vote, but you DO need to have ID with you, just in case. I'm pretty sure this is written on the polling card. I saw one of the officers in our polling station ask someone for ID, I didn't know the person asked and I know nearly everyone who would be voting at our rural polling station. I wasn't asked, neither was my husband or brother, but I know the officer well so it would be weird to be asked.

I always get a buzz from voting. Looking forward to the results tomorrow, might even head over to Nenagh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Looking forward to the results tomorrow, might even head over to Nenagh!

Will they let you in do you think?

Over in the election forum some say you need a pass and others reckon anyone can get in

Will they let you in do you think?

I'm pretty sure that there's an open section that anyone can come in and watch from - if it's in the GAA grounds like before. You can't get in near the actual vote count tables, but I'm pretty sure you can get access to the centre to observe.

I doubt I'll really go, it will probably be more crack watching the results come in from other constituencies too rather than just waiting for ours. I'll probably have RTE1 on telly and Newstalk on the radio. I've pizza in the freezer so the family can go feck, I'll be glued to the results all day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

All I ever hear is bad stuff about Lowry, so who the fuck is voting for him!?:confused:

All I ever hear is bad stuff about Lowry, so who the fuck is voting for him!?:confused:
    The Lowrybots. They are legion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

The Lowrybots. They are legion.

Savage Eye sums it up nicely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭MinnyMinor

Savage Eye sums it up nicely
    lol very good

I will be very interested in seeing if Tipp Nth will have the highest turnout of any constituency in the country this time, like it had in 2007.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭mccoist

i never realised nth tipp had highest turnout
    it makes the fact that hoctor got elected twice and never made quota all the more annoying
    lowery voters are all the ones who like to get the small favour for local problems from a person in a job where they should be concentrating on national interests
    count is open to the public
    first result should be in maybe 0100
    morris and kelly seem to be the favs in around nenagh
    what about your area

12.15 - initial count done in Nenagh. Waiting count sort and first results. Looks like Lowry & Coonan both safe, close between Kelly & Hoctor with Kelly currently ahead. Morris's transfers going to be crucial. New Independents not really impacting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

Just been told only 50% of boxes counted.
    Running results on twiter: http://twitter.com/nenaghtally

Apologies - initial count being the 50% mark.

For the non-tweeps:
    ca 70% boxes counted:
    Bopp NP 220
    Clancy NP 911
    Coonan FG 8395
    Hoctor FF 5623
    Kelly LAB 6663
    Lowry NP 9658
    Morris SF 2065
    O'Malley GP 308

Thanks to @gerfogarty

Was the turnout greater than 78.5%, which was the turnout in 2007?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Looks like the Dail will be burdened with that principle-free ****wit Lowry again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

For the non-tweeps:
    ca 70% boxes counted:
    Bopp NP 220
    Clancy NP 911
    Coonan FG 8395
    Hoctor FF 5623
    Kelly LAB 6663
    Lowry NP 9658
    Morris SF 2065
    O'Malley GP 308

Thanks to @gerfogarty
    Think Kellys poll very dissapointing,expect him to transfer well though.

Looks like Kelly will take the last seat with transfers

He hasn't polled well though, at least not at well as expected. There was a lot of hype around him

Billy Clancy has done respectably by breaking over 1,000 votes. Never heard of him until a few weeks ago.
    He can be happy with his effort

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Looks like Kelly will take the last seat with transfers

He hasn't polled well though, at least not at well as expected. There was a lot of hype around him

Billy Clancy has done respectably by breaking over 1,000 votes. Never heard of him until a few weeks ago.
    He can be happy with his effort
    Yea,pretty respectable for clancy,thought morris would do better than that,he must have only got his votes in his area.

• Advertisement

From RTE: Tipp North official turnout 76.8 percent; Electorate 63235; Total votes cast 48561

Not the highest turnout this time round - parts of Dublin were up to 80%.

From Lowry's Facebook page.
    Michael Lowry
    Terrific result - 13,678 votes. Topped the poll. Official annoucement in Nenagh at 4pm. Thank you once again for your support.

What's the quota anyone know?

Tallys of 2nd prefs in Nth Tipp show Lowry’s tallied surplus will distribute: 34%FG; 27% Lab; 21% FF. 1st count due 5:30pm (@cian_mccormack)

Alan Kelly leading Maire Hoctor by 1500 votes according to tally figures.

First Count Results:
    Coonan 11425
    Hoctor 7948
    Kelly 9559
    Lowry 14104 (elected)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

The only good thing is that Lowry won't have a jot of influence in the new government, corrupt gombeen waste of space that he is.

The only good thing is that Lowry won't have a jot of influence in the new government, corrupt gombeen waste of space that he is.

Let's hope the same goes for Mattie McGrath.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭beagga

Tiperrary people voting for a proven crook like Lowry are worse than the morons in Kerry who vote for Healy-Rae.
    Apologies if it was discussed earlier in the thread - it's probably just helpful for people in Tipp North to know what others think of them sending that corrupt clown into national government.
    Looks like the Dail will be burdened with that principle-free ****wit Lowry again.

Just as a matter of interest has he done something to you personally?

And no I'm not a big Lowry supporter or anything it just seems every post from you here has some sort of name calling about him and hence you have caught my curiosity.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Lowry had the courtesy to ask for my vote along with Alan Kelly. Everybody else just rammed crap through my letterbox whilst at home and not.

I gave them my vote on that basis. I was not out to punish FF. I vote for people on a local level, not a national level.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Alan Kelly is in.

• Advertisement

Exactly as most predicted, North and South

No shocks around these parts

Advertisement