Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Canyon Ultimate CF opinions??

• 25-11-2010 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭

So anyone have a Canyon Ultimate CF? if so how do you find it?

any other bikes you'd suggest in the price bracket? (up to €2500)

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

byebye wrote: »
    So anyone have a Canyon Ultimate CF? if so how do you find it?
    Yep and awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭byebye

Lemag wrote: »
    Yep and awesome.

Thats what i want to hear!! :D

what spec did you go for?

byebye wrote: »
    what spec did you go for?
    A bit of a weird one. I bought the frameset. Put some Ksyrium SL wheels on it. Swapped out the skewers for KCNC titanium ones. Initially had a dura ace 7900 cassette but I swapped this for a much lighter Recon one. The RD, FD and shifters are microSHIFT arsis, the brakes are TRP 920, compact carbon FSA chainset, Ritchey Superlogic Carbon || bars and either a SLR Kit Carbonio Flow saddle or a c64 carbon saddle. GP4000 tyres. Am I missing anything? Comes in at about 6.3 kg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭treborm

Great bikes, bought one during the summer during there Tour special. Get a bad time on Eurosport for being overly stiff, i find mine extremly comfortable. Same spec as this with the Citec Aero wheels http://www.canyon.com/_en/roadbikes/bike.html?b=2116.
    Very hard to beat them for value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭crumliniano

Absolutely love mine. CF 9.0. Chorus and Ksyrium SL. I don't think there is better value to be had for the spec.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

Here's mine. Frightfully underused so far but it's great

http://twitpic.com/38ggfg

Campag Shamal gold wheels, Dura-ace group set, standard Ritchey bars. Comes in at ~6.9kg (60cm)

christeb wrote: »
    Campag Shamal gold wheels
    Did you buy these from the OP by any chance? IMO you'll have to swap out a few components to make those wheels work. This would be a start :D

Regarding the spec of my bike I forgot to mention Look Keo Blade pedals and, most importantly, orange bar tape.

If/when you decide to join the Canyon club OP you might want to chuck the fork cap here into your shopping basket as well as a spare derailleur hanger.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭byebye

@lemag not my old wheels the went with the planet x!!

im thinkin of goin 9.0 cf in white with campy chours 11 and stick a set of cosmic carbons on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

Did you buy these from the OP by any chance? IMO you'll have to swap out a few components to make those wheels work. This would be a start :D

Regarding the spec of my bike I forgot to mention Look Keo Blade pedals and, most importantly, orange bar tape.

If/when you decide to join the Canyon club OP you might want to chuck the fork cap here into your shopping basket as well as a spare derailleur hanger.

Link is just to the main site?

Bought them from eBay a while back. I was wondering why I didn't get a fork cap, though it was just me. Now where's my black sellotape?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭dave.obrien

A bit of a weird one. I bought the frameset. Put some Ksyrium SL wheels on it. Swapped out the skewers for KCNC titanium ones. Initially had a dura ace 7900 cassette but I swapped this for a much lighter Recon one. The RD, FD and shifters are microSHIFT arsis, the brakes are TRP 920, compact carbon FSA chainset, Ritchey Superlogic Carbon || bars and either a SLR Kit Carbonio Flow saddle or a c64 carbon saddle. GP4000 tyres. Am I missing anything? Comes in at about 6.3 kg.

Sorry in advance for the hijack, but how do you find the microSHIFT?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

I have the ultimate cf with full dura ace 7900 running a few differnet wheels stiffest bike i ve yet to ride and very comfy because of the chop stick sized seat stays, very similair bike to the cervelo r3 and half the price, its a peice of cake to get a sub 7 kg build even with my heavy powertap wheels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,143 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

levitronix wrote: »

Love the comment:

"Wow, Canyon hold the patent on making ugly plastic bikes even more ugly by adding malformed seat tubes. This changes everything. How will the world as we know be able to carry on? With the collapse of civilisation surely imminent, I'm stocking up on baked beans and toilet roll."

Thats someone that remebers the war haha sitting in a bomb shelter as a kid

christeb wrote: »
    Link is just to the main site?
    It works for me and it should link to BIKES/SHOP > ACCESSORIES > ATTACHING PARTS on the Canyon site where one should be able to see the cap as the first item. The fork and headset are supposed to be fine without one but I felt more assured when I fitted it.
    Sorry in advance for the hijack, but how do you find the microSHIFT?
    They're very light. I like 'em but Redmaxi who helped me with the build didn't. I had a bit of trouble getting to the top ring on the cassette but it was 27T with an otherwise compact setup. So I changed cassette to 11-22T (I think) but now I'm having difficulty getting to the top ring and to the bottom ring. I've done a fair amount if arsing around with the limiting screws and barrel adjuster but haven't managed to figure it out yet. Perhaps I sized the chain wrongly but I was very careful when I did so. Bit too much of a pussy to venture out in this cold weather so it's quite likely that I won't have it sorted until maybe march when I feel brave enough to head out again.

Lumen wrote: »
    "Wow, Canyon hold the patent on making ugly plastic bikes even more ugly by adding malformed seat tubes. This changes everything. How will the world as we know be able to carry on? With the collapse of civilisation surely imminent, I'm stocking up on baked beans and toilet roll."
    He's obviously a begrudger for the simple reason that he hasn't got an "ugly plastic bike" :P

Advertisement