Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aurthur Findlay

Options
  • 25-11-2010 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭

Has anyone ever been to Authur Findlay college for Mediums in Stansed or do you of anyone who has done a course there ?? What are your oponions on it ???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jbson

Never been but it has a good reputation. Might suggest that you look them up on line and call them and discuss what your needs are/ what you are hoping to achieve.

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭King Mallie

Thanks. will do.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

I have never been there but I've seen their website http://www.arthurfindlaycollege.org/ and I know a man who attended a course there waaay back in the 1960s. I think he attended some sort of course in mediumship and he was highly impressed by it - both the course and the beautiful surroundings of the place. He told me I should go there if I ever get the chance. Now, even though he was there a long time ago, you know what D:Ream say... "Things can only get better." :D

The range of courses is very extensive - it looks like there's something there for anyone who's into the paranormal and/or psychic subject areas. Seems to be a lot of emphasis on adapting courses for foreigners, especially for the Dutch. The prices are reasonable enough - it's similar to how you'd just stay in a hotel for a week and spend money on meals, activities and going out every night. I mean, it would probably work out slightly similar in price, except you probably wouldn't be boozing in Arthur Findlay College. ;) There's one seven-day course in July that costs €330 (non-SNU member). Throw in return flights to the UK (booked well in advance) on top of that and it'd come to well under €400 in total.

It's like a little holiday really. At the very least, I wouldn't mind staying in that classy mansion and listening to people talk about something I find interesting daily. It's a pity there isn't anything like this in Ireland but, then, that's Ireland for you. I'd say I'll probably go over there next spring. smile.gif

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Ive been there. They do have a bar, so there is a certain amount of boozing once workshops are over. :) In fact I was meant to go this weekend but the snow has wrecked that plan!
    The atmosphere of the place is very special, very calming. And the building is like a rabbit warren, with stairs that seem to move, like hogwarts. :) It is run under the auspices of the SNU who have a very grounded, no nonsense approach to what they do. All classes are very practical. They have resident tutors, and also use a variety of guest tutors who run their own themed courses. A few of those tutors are dutch, which is who those courses are by.

Ive always liked the common sense feel to what they do there. Anyone expecting incense and seances will be disappointed.

Do bear in mind it is not a hotel. Rooms are usually shared, and are not ensuite. Meals are communal with a set menu.

Thanks guys for the info. Was thinking over going over in March. If i do go I will report back on my experience of it.

I defo agree about having similar in Ireland but I think it would be hard to find such special surronding to hold the courses.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

The building was gifted to the society by Arthur Findlay over 60 years ago to be used as a centre for psychic research and teaching. It does have a unique atmosphere that Ive not come across anywhere else, and I think it would be impossible to recreate it in another place. With its history, Stansted Hall is a one off.

By the way, it is known to the locals as 'spooks hall' :)

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭liverpool100

They have a open week around may each year. you could get a one day pass or two day pass if staying locally for the weekend. five/10 minute taxi from airport, ryanair do go deals in advance and if hotel booked a good bit in advance also get good deal

might give you a feel for the place, they do demonstations and readings during open week. lovely grounds their

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭hilloftara

hi tj higgs is bringing a development course to ireland ,one wkend a mth from may to oct ,1200 euros if your interested,did a workshop last wkend ,it was very suprising and im just interested in mediumship have never done anything like that before.im going to do the course:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Corkgirl210

AFC is excellent.. if you are genuinely interested in Mediumship.. brilliant place.. feels like going "home".. where your soul can be free and spend a week with like minded spiritualists/mediums..

I

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Package

ive been and it was the best week of my life. its a magical place crawling with energy and alive with spirits..

its an azming time you will spend there

• Advertisement

Thanks guys.

Im going on march 20 - 25 so I will report back on how it went for me.:rolleyes:

Whose course is it?

Paul Jacobs. Is he good ???

One of the most down to earth guys you could come across. Not afraid to demo for students, and his meditations are very strictly done but very good. Doesnt suffer fools but that is a very good thing. Youll love it.

Thanks oryx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Glorianna Gael

Mavis Pitilla and some of the other Stansted tutors do weekend courses in developing psychic and mediumistic abilities in Stockport and other areas. I have attended a few in the past and they are excellent, also cheaper than going to Stansted.
    There is also an excellent place in Wales called Hafyn y coed which run residential courses throughout the year.

Mavis Pitilla and some of the other Stansted tutors do weekend courses in developing psychic and mediumistic abilities in Stockport and other areas. I have attended a few in the past and they are excellent, also cheaper than going to Stansted.
    There is also an excellent place in Wales called Hafyn y coed which run residential courses throughout the year.

Could please send the website address of the places you mentioned above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Glorianna Gael

The Welsh one is called Hafan-y-coed and is based in the Brecon Beacons, their web site is called www.hafanycoed.com
    The other is called Spiritual Explorations, it is run by a lady called Mavis Pittilla, she is a tutor at Stansted as well, She is actually doing a weekend in Cork in July, I am going on that as a refresher.
    Her address is www.mavispittilla.com.
    Hope this helps

That's great. thank u .....:)

Advertisement