Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help save the economy - Do something now!

• 26-11-2010 12:04am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭

I am sick of all the whinging and complaining on here about how the country is gone down the toilet.

I don't believe in violent protests but I do want to inject some money into the economy and help cut the budget deficit.

Yes, thst's right, unlike all the whiners and complainers sitting idly by bitching and moaning and doing nothing I am taking direct action to get our country out of the crisis.

I bought a giant panda bear in Shannon Airport a few days ago and I was going to give it to my girlfriend as she adores Chinese culture, but then I decided in these dreadul times as our country faces it's darkest moments to make this great sacrifice and deny my girlfriend the bear.

So I have decided to organise a raffle, the top three prizes are

1. the giant panda bear signed by Brian Dowling who I bumped into at the airport (the autograph does not encessarily gayify the bear unless that is your perogative on winning - if that is the case pink markers are included in the prize

2. chopsticks customised for use in Ireland with foldaway blade for cutting rashers and mini potato masher on top end of the sticks (surprisingly rejected by dragons den thus making it even more of a collecxtors item)

3. a 200g pack of tofu completing the oriental theme

So please pm if you are interested, tickets are 10 euros and security is guaranteed as I'll only accept payment via paypal via pm. All profits from this raffle (after expenses, administration fees and personal VAT are guaranteed to be reinvested in Irish-owned businesses). I'm not saying the proceeds of this raffle will clear all our debt but I don't think I'm being overly optimistic when I say I hope to make a huge dent in our national debt.

If you want to help save your economy then please enter this raffle, your country needs you so put the cynicism to one side for a moment and dig deep in your heart, your soul and your pockets to preserve this little notion we all hold dear called Ireland. Join the ranks of Wolfe Tone, Parnell, O' Connell, Pearse and Collins and enter the "Super Oriental Love you long time Raffle for Ireland"

Romantic Ireland's not dead and gone just yet, a simple giant panda teddy bear calls out to the inert patriot within you to be roused and save the nation, do not let him down
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement