Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Projects Abroad

• 25-11-2010 11:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭

Just wondering if anybody has volunteered with them and how they found them? I'm thinking of vounteering in the medical and healthcare for a month. :D

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Would it not be better to give the the thousands of Euro you're going to give to this company to a charity?

There are many threads around here on people paying to volunteer. Brief recap is they are making money on poor people. Does this sound like something you want to be part of?

Ireland has SO many charities that may use your help. Why not go with one of them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭Wingman2010

[QUOTE Brief recap is they are making money on poor people. Does this sound like something you want to be part of?
    [/QUOTE]

I never thought of it like that! But saying that I would love to go volunteering abroad and why I'm on looking at this thread :confused:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

I never thought of it like that! But saying that I would love to go volunteering abroad and why I'm on looking at this thread :confused:

Well I'm not saying don't do it at all. There are many, many charities looking for people. Concern, Goal, the UN even. Why not go with a charity?

I think the OP might not realise that the crowd she has mentioned are a for-profit company who are basically offering holidays to go to poor places and help out. I'm only saying go with a charity, not a company. It'll be cheaper for the OP too.

Advertisement