Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postgrad with 3rd class honours degree? / Postgrad in Scotland

Options
  • 26-11-2010 12:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Hi,

I graduated with a BA in 2009 and got a 3rd. I am currently doing in business course with FÁS which involves work experience. Do you think this would get be into a conversion course hopefuly in marketing.

Has anybody had any experience also of applying for postgraduate courses in Scotland? Are Irish degrees worth the same as UK ones? Also whats the deal with funding in Scotland with the SAAS?

Any help appreaciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭VALIS

I don't know how much this helps but I have a friend who got a 3rd (I think) in his degree and got into a Masters conversion course in Computer Science (a relatively unrelated discipline to what he was doing).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Irish and UK degrees are similar enough. If you can pay the fees and the course isn't overly competitive to get into then I don't think there's any harm in applying.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭aridion

VALIS wrote: »
    I don't know how much this helps but I have a friend who got a 3rd (I think) in his degree and got into a Masters conversion course in Computer Science (a relatively unrelated discipline to what he was doing).

Hi Valis. Where did your friend do the masters computer science. Interested in that conversion course.

Advertisement