Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web Development

• 26-11-2010 12:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭

Anyone doing Web Development in CIT or know someone who is? Whats it like and how are you getting on? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Hi Dean,

I'm doing Web Dev and we just finished the 1st Semester, we are the first year to do this course as it was just brought in this year. If you're a pretty tech savey person and into computers you will love this course and if not, you'll still be able to pick things up pretty fast. Don't expert to be in a lecture with 30 other people, we started with 10 and are now down to 5, it seems its going to stay like that though. It might be different for you being a second year and the points likely to go down.

Us being the first class of a new course, we just had to fill out surveys of 3/6 of the modules :p

Now I switched from 1st year Computing to Web over the summer, so I had already completed some of the basic modules you do in every computing course and got my credits. So for the first semester I only did 3 of the 6 total modules, but I had done the other 3 the previous year.

Here's the course descripteor:
    http://courses.cit.ie/index.cfm/page/course/courseId/723

If you have any question, I'll try and answer them for you.
    Good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

Wow, I never knew this was the first year of it. I'm doing a web design course now but its FETAC. I know HTML and CSS pretty well and some PHP and Javascript so I would enjoy it I think.

Here are a few questions I have off the top of my head: (if you could answer, that'll be great)

What subjects do you have?
    What are the lecturers like? Easy going?
    With it being the first ever year, are you worried you won't have past exams to help you study? Or are they giving out a sample paper?

Erm, thats all I think. Thanks for answering my post.

Advertisement