Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers FC song

• 26-11-2010 1:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭

So here I am an Irishman in Glasgow, but for some reason I can't stop humming/singing/singing in my head the Billy Boys song.

Incase you don't know what that is, its a song that the Rangers fans sing about killing Catholics/Irish basically. It's a catchy song to be honest.

What the feck's going on...how do I get it out of my head? Or do I just keep at it and be forced to stop when I get the **** kicked outta me by some mistaken Celtic fans?

Song:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Im not a catholic so i dont give a toss. Tis a catchy song alright :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

I whistle Rule Britannia quite a lot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

steo87 wrote: »
    S It's a catchy song to be honest.

That's how bigotry works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭steo87

Pauleta wrote: »

Me neither! But I agree, it is a catchy song...the Gers seem to have a lot better songs than the Bhoys, and that's coming from a Celtic fan:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Pauleta wrote: »

im not a catholic either, and i support the gers

• Advertisement

FrostyJack wrote: »
    That's how bigotry works.

There's a big difference between being a bigot and innocently humming a song to yourself.

How does humming a song to yourself contribute to (the big problem of) bigotry?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Hail, Hail...

im not a catholic either, and i support the gers

Good on ya, I say. I know plenty of Gers' fans and they are some of the soundest people you could meet (I know that sounds like the stereotypical "ah look at me, I'm embracing diversity, yaaay", but ya know what I mean).

Just out of interest admiralofthefleet, do you get to go to Ibrox much? And if so, what sort of reception do you get? I was there once and they didn't take too kindly to the Irish accent.

There's a big difference between being a bigot and innocently humming a song to yourself.

How does humming a song to yourself contribute to (the big problem of) bigotry?

I meant that's how they get you in the cult. There are plenty on the Catholic side as well. I wasn't calling you a bigot. It's only a song. I hate Rangers but wouldn't lose any sleep over their songs (and without Miller their team :D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

WWF British Bulldog, baby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

I meant that's how they get you in the cult. There are plenty on the Catholic side as well. I wasn't calling you a bigot. It's only a song. I hate Rangers but wouldn't lose any sleep over their songs (and without Miller their team :D)

I know what you mean about the cult part...the Rangers fanbase over here is bombarded with words such as "loyalty" and whatnot. On the subway system over here there is an advert showing a graphic of a brain, with different regions - one of them is named "loyalty". That could seem like they are keeping in touch with their British/royalist backbone, but to me it appears a bit sinister, and alienates a lot of people. That sort of thing should'nt be in football imo (and I feel the exact same way about the Celtic poppy banner).

And I know you weren't calling me a bigot:pac:was just genuinely asking the question, as it's interesting all the same.

The whole Miller thing surprises me btw - one minute he's banging in the goals for Celtic, and the Gers hate him. But the next minute he's banging em in for Rangers, with the Celtic fans despising him - shows the mentality of the typical football fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

OPENROAD wrote: »

Cheers, now I have to stop :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Cheers, now I have to stop :mad:

:D

Just out of interest admiralofthefleet, do you get to go to Ibrox much? And if so, what sort of reception do you get? I was there once and they didn't take too kindly to the Irish accent.

I'm not speaking for the admiral but I know similar Irish people who went there and were either beaten up or spat on. I'm not giving double standards but I doubt that would happen in Celtic Park. Rangers fans generally hate "the English" so it is a common misconception that they "Love the Queen" etc. most don't, they are Scotish true and true, which is ironic as they support the colonisation of Ireland.

TheZohan wrote: »

If the mods of the Soccer forum would get off their holes and approve my request for access then I would have posted it there. But in the meantime this is the only place I could post it.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Good on ya, I say. I know plenty of Gers' fans and they are some of the soundest people you could meet (I know that sounds like the stereotypical "ah look at me, I'm embracing diversity, yaaay", but ya know what I mean).

What sort of thread is this? Only on here could people post songs about killing Irish people and Catholics.

And what sort of mongs support Rangers when they are from Ireland. Complete idiots, no wonder the country is in ruins. ****ing hell this place is depressing.

LOCK THREAD

The whole Miller thing surprises me btw - one minute he's banging in the goals for Celtic, and the Gers hate him. But the next minute he's banging em in for Rangers, with the Celtic fans despising him - shows the mentality of the typical football fan.

I mentioned him not because he played for Celtic (I believe in the free market , even Owen going to United) I meant because he keeps scoring goals, saving Rangers blushes. He is prolific to say the least.

If the mods of the Soccer forum would get off their holes and approve my request for access then I would have posted it there. But in the meantime this is the only place I could post it.

Post your bile about those scumbags elsewhere, all you want is attention, you're sad little man on the buzz laughing about people dying.

You're sick.

• Advertisement

DB10 wrote: »
    What sort of thread is this? Only on here could people post songs about killing Irish people and Catholics.

And what sort of mongs support Rangers when they are from Ireland. Complete idiots, no wonder the country is in ruins. ****ing hell this place is depressing.

LOCK THREAD

Maybe this thread is in the wrong forum ( I don't think it is, makes a change from crap about the economy) but your one sided view does not belong here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

And what sort of mongs support Rangers when they are from Ireland.

No better or worse (regardless of where one is from) than supporting any other professional sporting team as far as I can see.

There is/was a club in Dublin. Their website contains the words to a version of the Billy Boys as Gaeilge (I $h1t you not) Nothing about wanting to kill anyone though

I'm not speaking for the admiral but I know similar Irish people who went there and were either beaten up or spat on. I'm not giving double standards but I doubt that would happen in Celtic Park. Rangers fans generally hate "the English" so it is a common misconception that they "Love the Queen" etc. most don't, they are Scotish true and true, which is ironic as they support the colonisation of Ireland.

I would have to strongly disagree with you there.
    Have you ever seen an Ibrox crowd? It is full of the Union flags...with not one Scottish saltire in view. Sure just look at their kit and crest...Union colours. The fanbase are historically pro-British and anti-Catholic. Now I'm not saying that they aren't "Scottish through and through" but they certainly do not hate the Monarchy nor the English/the Union.

Do an internet search for Rangers crowds and you will see what I mean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Sure the OO sing them songs too. Songs like that should be banned and the fans banned for life.

Mike 1972 wrote: »
    Theres a club in Dublin. Their website contains the words to a version of the Billy Boys as Gaeilge (I $h1t you not)

Scum like that make my blood boil. Should be in prison for inciting hatred. Sing Billy Boys as Gailge, they are sick in the head.

Post your bile about those scumbags elsewhere, all you want is attention, you're sad little man on the buzz laughing about people dying.

You're sick.

Are you actually serious or giving trolling a try? Because that post is unbelievably offensive. Where am I looking for attention, and where have I laughed at people dying? Get a grip...if you don't like the thread then don't post.

And mods: "sad little man" not pass for personal abuse? Normally I'd let something like that slide because frankly I couldn't give a ****, but in DB10's case, I want something done about it.

Go back to your depressing anti-government/recession threads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

thread wouldn't last long there

;)

Theres a club in Dublin. Their website contains the words to a version of the Billy Boys as Gaeilge (I $h1t you not) Nothing about wanting to kill anyone though

Do you have a link to that Mike?

I dunno why but I find this sort of thing interesting. Only since I moved to Glasgow have I been up close with the whole Celtic-Rangers thing, and to be honest it's not as serious an issue over here as many people would think (but obviously would not condone parading around Ibrox in a Hoops jersey!):pac:

Is that the lovely friendly tune "we are up to our necks in fenian blood" or have I gotten my bigot songs mixed up?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Are you actually serious or giving trolling a try? Because that post is unbelievably offensive. Where am I looking for attention, and where have I laughed at people dying? Get a grip...if you don't like the thread then don't post.

And mods: "sad little man" not pass for personal abuse? Normally I'd let something like that slide because frankly I couldn't give a ****, but in DB10's case, I want something done about it.

Posting this thread is trolling, I'm not surprised a poster reacted badly to it and I hope the mods do not take any action in this case for the poster losing the head considering the YouTube video you posted.
    It's a catchy song to be honest.

FFS.

Maybe this thread is in the wrong forum ( I don't think it is, makes a change from crap about the economy) but your one sided view does not belong here.

Learn the forum rules, NO SOCCER threads in the AH forum.

Post them in the SOCCER forum. Hardly rocketscience is it?

Or maybe just maybe, you could laugh about the killing of Irish people on another forum, you know maybe a Rangers forum or Stormfront. Probably one in the same.

Pathetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Where?
    And what sort of mongs support Rangers when they are from Ireland. Complete idiots, no wonder the country is in ruins.
    That's the reason for the recession?
    ****ing hell this place is depressing.
    That's not very patriotic of you is it?
    LOCK THREAD
    Oh yeah, because you say so... :pac:
    you're sad little man on the buzz laughing about people dying.
    Where?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

I would have to strongly disagree with you there.
    Have you ever seen an Ibrox crowd? It is full of the Union flags...with not one Scottish saltire in view. Sure just look at their kit and crest...Union colours. The fanbase are historically pro-British and anti-Catholic. Now I'm not saying that they aren't "Scottish through and through" but they certainly do not hate the Monarchy nor the English/the Union.

Do an internet search for Rangers crowds and you will see what I mean.

I won't speak for all Rangers fans but I know lots of them personally (see you next Tuesdays :D) they may fly under the British flag but they hate England. Just watch when Scotland play England or Rangers play an English club the bile that comes out. It is almost like when we play them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Two opposing sets of tedious mirror-image fuckwits tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Too right, I prefer the famine song. They don't want to kill the Irish, they just want them to go home.

Almost as good as this gem from the other side:

Skip to 4.19 where somebody actually allowed them to record the video on the pitch.

At the end of the day both are soccer teams who, unfortunately, have scumbag elements within their fanbase.

End of.

CELTIC ARE AN IRISH CLUB RIII

The Zohan was an AH mod for 2 years, and yet he thinks your trolling.

If posting

- a SOCCER thread in a place where the first rule is no SOCCER threads.

- A thread laughing about Irish people dying

- claiming you support Rangers and its normal

- claiming you sing the tune of sectarian bile in your head everyday

If all that isn't trolling, I don't know what is?

And yet you claim I'm the troll. Get a grip.

I wouldn't go and see either of them play tbh.

If posting

TBH, your making a mountain out of a mole hill and your inflaming this thread

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Do you have a link to that Mike?

Not in my bookmarks no but Im sure Googling "Rangers Atha Cliath" (sp?) isint going to generate fifty million pages :pac:
    Scum like that ....Should be in prison for inciting hatred. ..... they are sick in the head.
    Oh the Ironing

Dudess wrote: »
    Where?

That's the reason for the recession?

That's not very patriotic of you is it?

Oh yeah, because you say so... :pac:

Where?

As usual women know little about football. Look up the songs of Rangers BNP FC.

You know we aren't allowed soccer stuff in here, so how the hell are thread on ****ing Rangers FC has got this far is a mystery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Why don't you get a grip and find where he's laughing at Irish people dying? And also, there isn't one hint of an iota that demonstrates I know little about football - my post that you're responding to was not about football anyway, it was asking you questions, which you didn't answer. You most certainly seem a troll too with the "As usual women know little about football" comment.
    I was there once and they didn't take too kindly to the Irish accent.
    Don't get why an Irish person would support them, to be fair...

Not in my bookmarks no but Im sure Googling "Rangers Atha Cliath" isint going to generate fifty million pages :pac:

Some mistakes in their Gaeilge any way

If posting

Zohan WAS a mod and in this case he is wrong. If the Soccer threads are for soccer forum surely politics should be in Politics forum? No one here is laughing at Irish people dying. Nothing wrong with supporting Rangers, each to their own. He explained why he couldn't get the song out of his head, not sectarian reasons. There is only one troll on this thread so far.....

Its a shame abou the Tones cause when they put their minds to it they can make some good songs.

The song that the OP mentions is a scum sectarian song but then half the people getting their knickers in twist here probably belt out 'RA songs when they're supporting 'Irish' clubs like Celtic or best of all: clubs with an 'Irish' background in England.

It's all fuckwittery if you ask me.

Dudess wrote: »
    Why don't you get a grip and find where he's laughing at Irish people dying? And also, there isn't one hint of an iota that demonstrates I know nothing about football - my post that you're responding to was not about football anyway, it was asking you questions, which you didn't answer. You most certainly seem a troll too with the "Women know nothing about football" comment.

Don't get why an Irish person would support them, to be fair...

The same reason people rape, beat elderly people up and stab people. There are some sick people in the head out there.

Sadly there seems to be a few more acting as Rangers fans in this country.

stovelid wrote: »
    It's a scum song but then half the people getting the knickers in twist probably belt out 'RA songs when they're supporting 'Irish; clubs like Celtic or best of all, club with an Irish' background in England.

It's all fuckwittery if you ask me.

Sterotype much? Do you support an English club? If yes , does that mean you love the Queen? Stop puting 2 and 2 together and getting 50.

Zohan WAS a mod and in this case he is wrong. If the Soccer threads are for soccer forum surely politics should be in Politics forum? No one here is laughing at Irish people dying. Nothing wrong with supporting Rangers, each to their own. He explained why he couldn't get the song out of his head, not sectarian reasons. There is only one troll on this thread so far.....

Nearly 4 years on the forum and you havent grasped the rules. Intelligence at premium here tonight it seems with these bigots around.

Doddle along to a BNP forum now, good lad.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement