Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers FC song

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

DB10 wrote: »
    The same reason people rape, beat elderly people up and stab people. There are some sick people in the head out there.

Sadly there seems to be a few more acting as Rangers fans in this country.

In fairness, I hardly think that an Irish person supporting Rangers is up there with rape and beating up the elderly....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

FFs, when I watch football I want to watch football, I dont want to talk about politics, its just a bloody sport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

The same reason people rape, beat elderly people up and stab people. There are some sick people in the head out there.

Sadly there seems to be a few more acting as Rangers fans in this country.

So people that support Rangers are on par with rapists and people that beat the elderly? You should have a word with yourself when you sober up. I hate Rangers as much as the next man but that is a step too far.

Intelligence at premium here tonight

You said it..............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭steo87

Dudess wrote: »
    Why don't you get a grip and find where he's laughing at Irish people dying? And also, there isn't one hint of an iota that demonstrates I know little about football - my post that you're responding to was not about football anyway, it was asking you questions, which you didn't answer. You most certainly seem a troll too with the "As usual women know little about football" comment.

Don't get why an Irish person would support them, to be fair...

Where in this thread did I say I support Rangers?:confused: I dont support Rangers, I visite the stadium once becasue I have an interest in football, nothing more and nothing less.

I think this whole biggoted side of football needs to go...the "ah ya can't support them, you're Irish like" has to stop. (I'm a Bayern Munich / Celtic fan anyway).

Not having a go at you by the way, just clearing some things up! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

No no, I didn't mean you - I meant in general. I'm not saying "An Irish person shouldn't support x team" but if there is a heavy anti Irish element (and I know there are many, many Rangers fans who are good people and are merely supporting their local team) why would an Irish person support them? What affinity would the Irish person have with them?

DB, answer questions put to you instead of just ranting crazy sh1t...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Cool_CM wrote: »
    In fairness, I hardly think that an Irish person supporting Rangers is up there with rape and beating up the elderly....

I don't think that's the point, the problem is posting a Rangers song "about killing Catholics/Irish basically" and then referring to that song as "catchy". It's posted to get a reaction, trolling IMHO.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Dudess wrote: »
    DB, answer questions put to you instead of just ranting crazy sh1t...

Typical, you've ignored my questions yet post this.

Why do claim it is alright to post soccer threads here, when you know it isn't?

Looks like your having a bit of a troll in here as well at others expense. You know the rules as well as everyone does, the fact you pick and choose when you abide them says it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

FrostyJack wrote: »
    Sterotype much? Do you support an English club? If yes , does that mean you love the Queen? Stop puting 2 and 2 together and getting 50.

You can support who you like.

But if you're getting hot under the collar about Irishness and perceived disrespect to same, you'd better support an Irish club or you're an imbecilic hypocrite. And Glaswegian clubs don't count as Irish. Because they're...Scottish, like.

• Advertisement

TheZohan wrote: »
    Posting this thread is trolling, I'm not surprised a poster reacted badly to it and I hope the mods do not take any action in this case for the poster losing the head considering the YouTube video you posted.

FFS.

I can honestly tell you that I am not and did not have any intention to troll. Could you please clarify where actually my posting this thread could be mistaken for trolling?

Oh and I was not aware that posting Soccer-related threads in AH was not allowed, so for that I apologise. But for posting a topic that I have an interest in (i.e. the bigotry in Scottish football) I make no apologies. Why shouldn't I be allowed to post this here? Technically it is not 100% about football.

So you don't want the mods to take action? Well to be honest neither do I, but I am of the belief that what he said was out of line, and should warrant a ban - I myself have been banned for less.

steo87 wrote: »
    I can honestly tell you that I am not and did not have any intention to troll. Could you please clarify where actually my posting this thread could be mistaken for trolling?

Oh and I was not aware that posting Soccer-related threads in AH was not allowed, so for that I apologise. But for posting a topic that I have an interest in (i.e. the bigotry in Scottish football) I make no apologies. Why shouldn't I be allowed to post this here? Technically it is not 100% about football.

So you don't want the mods to take action? Well to be honest neither do I, but I am of the belief that what he said was out of line, and should warrant a ban - I myself have been banned for less.

Have a look at my last post.

stovelid wrote: »
    You can support who you like.

But if you're getting hot under the collar about Irishness and perceived disrespect to same, you'd better support an Irish club or you're an imbecilic hypocrite. And Glaswegian clubs don't count as Irish. Because they're...Scottish, like.

I'm sorry to say your wrong on so many levels, I support Celtic as I have most on my life (originally because it was the in thing), I also hate "Irishness", to me that is wearing a leprechan hat on Paddy's day. Celtic FC was set up by Brother Walfrid, an Irishman. If the rest eludes you to the Irish connection I'm sorry.

Typical, you've ignored my questions
    I think you'll find that's what you're doing. I also fail to see what's "typical" about it - I don't evade questions like you do.
    Why do claim it is alright to post soccer threads here, when you know it isn't?
    Where did I claim it? This isn't just a soccer thread anyway, it's about songs and politics too.
    Looks like your having a bit of a troll in here as well at others expense.
    Nope, you are trolling - phenomenally.

The Zohan was an AH mod for 2 years, and yet he thinks your trolling.

If posting

- a SOCCER thread in a place where the first rule is no SOCCER threads.

- A thread laughing about Irish people dying

- claiming you support Rangers and its normal

- claiming you sing the tune of sectarian bile in your head everyday

If all that isn't trolling, I don't know what is?

And yet you claim I'm the troll. Get a grip.

I'm well aware of his modding credentials.

Point 1: as I have already posted and apologised for, I was not aware that soccer-related threads could not be posted in AH. (still awaiting access to soccer forum).

Point 2: where did I or anyone else for that matter laugh about Irish people dying? - I want you to answer this now; I and several others have asked already but you have dodged it; so answer it or don't bother replying at all.

Point 3: I don't support Rangers, but yes some people on this thread have said that they do. What's your problem with this? You say "saying they support rangers and its normal" - how would that not be normal or whatever? Why are you outraged that a person (Irish or not) supports Rangers? It seems to me that you are the one with the bigotted problem, seeing as you are judging people by the team they support. Childish. Your previous 'arguments' are invalid after that.

Point 4: Oh I sing it everyday do I? Can you show me where I said I do it everyday please? It's a song, sometimes songs stick in your head. Are you gonna tell me that an annoying Spice Girls song or whatever was around at the time didn't at one stage stick in your head? (and no I am not comparing the disgusting song "billy boys" to the Spice girls). I hummed it - I don't go to the Ibrox terraces and sing it aloud with the Rangers fans - there is a huge difference between humming that song and being an out-and-out sectarian bigot. Maybe at this thread's conclusion you will realise this.

I don't think that's the point, the problem is posting a Rangers song "about killing Catholics/Irish basically" and then referring to that song as "catchy". It's posted to get a reaction, trolling IMHO.

By that token anything about Bankers, Politicians or developers is trolling?

• Advertisement

I've said my peace, so I'll leave now, but this thread was a clear troll.

Anyway off topic but I like to hum this to my self in the mornings...

By that token anything about Bankers, Politicians or developers is trolling?

You've built yourself a straw man there FrostyJack.

Sterotype much? Do you support an English club? If yes , does that mean you love the Queen? Stop puting 2 and 2 together and getting 50.
    He said a number of people who get enraged about sectarian Rangers songs would have no prob singing along to sectarian 'ra songs - and he's right. He didn't say that about ALL Celtic fans/people who dislike Rangers.

Case and point..... you didn't need to post the videos we know which side of bigotry your on...

Oh, right... So, despite your upset earlier about a song whose sentiments are killing, a song that celebrates an organisation which has killed many is ok... once it's on the right "side".

I bet you support a Premiership team - I just know it! :pac:

• Advertisement

????
    :D

Keep laughing, I bet the recession has you delighted, with your british bulldog tattoo and high income.

How dare you look down on others because you support Rangers?

And yet you throw potatoes at homeless Irish in Glasgow and claim that's alright? You're sick, real sick. Get help, because you damn well need it. Nutter.

Aye, I see where you are coming from there, I'll be honest with ya. But as I have already said, I am not trolling. I posted the thread to have a serious discussion about those songs and their contribution to the disgusting thing that is sectarianism in football. And I think we are having a well-informed, interesting discussion...well, minus your and DB10's input.

If you are going to put up rebel songs at least put up good ones ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I'm sorry to say your wrong on so many levels, I support Celtic as I have most on my life (originally because it was the in thing), I also hate "Irishness", to me that is wearing a leprechan hat on Paddy's day. Celtic FC was set up by Brother Walfrid, an Irishman. If the rest eludes you to the Irish connection I'm sorry.

Glasgow Celtic are from Glasgow. Glasgow, Scotland. If you want Irishbess in a club: support a team from your own country.

Oh wait: Irish clubs don't play in 60k seater stadia, do they? Bummer, can't have that. I hear Liverpool and Arsenal are Irish clubs too. Might be worth checking out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Keep laughing, I bet the recession has you delighted, with your british bulldog tattoo and high income.

How dare you look down on others because you support Rangers?

And yet you throw potatoes at homeless Irish in Glasgow and claim that's alright? You're sick, real sick. Get help, because you damn well need it. Nutter.

The ironing

You've built yourself a straw man there FrostyJack.

I disagree

Above is an example of a strawman, as no one actually said that, but if that was the case "Cowen did this", "Bankers get pay rises" etc is the same thread as you describe above yet I don't see you trolling those threads complaining. Double standards is what I am pointing out.

Case and point..... you didn't need to post the videos we know which side of bigotry your on...

But.....as steo does himself...

I only hum these things to myself. Not like I do it at Parkhead, so what harm is it doing?

How can people be offended? After all steo has shown us all it's not bigotry when we sing it to ourselves and in the shower.

Maybe he's a little bit strange though, who knows?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

Holy jesus your ignorance knows no bounds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Understood, but my point was directly related to DB10's reply to Dudess' comment about not understanding why Irish people support Rangers.
    Comparing Irish people who support Rangers to rapists and describing them as "mongs" is fairly childish and uncalled for tbh.

Whether or not the OP is blatantly trolling is entirely different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Threadlock in 5..4..3...

Aye, I see where you are coming from there, I'll be honest with ya. But as I have already said, I am not trolling. I posted the thread to have a serious discussion about those songs and their contribution to the disgusting thing that is sectarianism in football. And I think we are having a well-informed, interesting discussion...well, minus your and DB10's input.

Well I think you got off on the wrong foot by calling a sectarian song about the killing of Catholics/Irish people "catchy".

I'd make the same comment if it was about killing Protestants/British or Jew/Israeli of course you're backtracking now because you were called on it.

It is ****e like this which damages the republican movement tbh, and it pisses me off.

stovelid wrote: »
    Glasgow Celtic are from Glasgow. Glasgow, Scotland. If you want Irishbess in a club: support a team from your own country.

Oh wait: Irish clubs don't play in 60k seater stadia, do they? Bummer, can't have that. I hear Liverpool and Arsenal are Irish clubs too. Might be worth checking out.

That's a shallow view, is it ok to support the likes of Rovers if you live in Kildare because they are "Irish"? I'd say 90 % of football fans in Ireland support English teams, for good or bad that is a fact, because someone supports Celtic doesn't mean they are a plastic paddy no less than someone who supports Arsenal, Liverpool etc.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Soccer forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement