Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for a great value Dslr bag/backpack?

• 26-11-2010 1:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭

I know I was, and struggling to find one that suited my needs.

I've had 2 Lowepro bags, plus a couple of crappy cheap ones that aren't worth mentioning. The best I had was the Lowepro slingshot 100aw - served it's purpose, but I couldn't fit all my gear in, plus it wasn't very comfortable. I found it very fiddly too, to get gear out in a hurry. So I sold it and planned to get one in the States while i was there.

Checked out all the electrical stores like Best buy etc ... and nothing grabbed me. Lowepro, IMHO, are too expensive for what you actually get. many will no doubt disagree, but I was after value as much as durability/accessibility/comfort/size.

Finally found exactly what I was after in Walmart, a Case Logic back-pack with a top section for easy access to your Dslr, plus padding through the bag wrapped around the attached lens. It holds more than the 100aw slingshot did [I could never get my flash gun in with lenses and extras into that]

I paid $50 [about €36] for it and couldn't be happier.

Just searched the bag on Amazon and found you can have it for as little as $25 [€18!]

Thought I'd share, as I see people ask about bags all the time here, and I know the price you pay for Lowepro similar versions. Shocking.

This is the bag I recomend for anyone on a tight budget with not an overwhelming amount of gear to cart around -

http://www.amazon.com/Caselogic-TBC-307-Camera-Backpack-Black/dp/B001T0HYJA

612pzAM82QL._SX924_SY1200_CR,0,0,924,1200_.jpg

Note the padded tube to protect your attached lens, and top access pocket for your dslr. I use a D200, which is as big as any Dslr up to Full frame. It fits in pretty neat with spare room, I can have my 55-200mm attached with enough space for my 17-50, flash gun, 50mm, all hoods, cables etc ... you can see the zipped pockets for extras, the bag is roomy enough to pack cables, batteries, cleaning equip and filters in them without having to force it closed.

Nothing to lose. I prefer to wear the bag like you used to carry a school bag really [over one shoulder], and it works fine, you can throw it over both shoulders and there is a fastener connection between straps to go across your chest.

I say get in there :) You won't regret.

More suited to those who have yet to find a nice bag, upper end Lowepro users need not bother I guess, unless you fancy a great quality spare?

Advertisement