Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am shocked !!!

Options
  • 26-11-2010 1:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭

My husband at 43 years of age has started reading his first fantasy book (excluding LOTR 10 years ago).

He has started reading Orcs by Stan Nicholls - worse still he is enjoying it. I am shocked. I really am.

I needed to acknowledge this.

/Thread closed.

:confused::confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

When he starts dressing up as an Orc - then you should be worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,011 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Orcs is an enjoyable, easy read.

Good place to start on fantasy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭muboop1

I thought it was pants...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Orcs is an enjoyable, easy read.

Good place to start on fantasy.
    muboop1 wrote: »
    I thought it was pants...

Not the point !!!!! When I started playing Magic & DnD in the last few years again: I was told, I would be divorced if he started using any nerdy words that he picked up of me.

And WHAT has he done, started reading a fantasy book. Next i'll find 2000AD in the bathroom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Midlife Crisis?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,253 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Well, I was 29 before I read any Fantasy really (unless Anne Rice's Vampire novels count and I was a teenager when I read those) so I can definitely relate!

Maybe I was too old by the time I gave LOTR a go but at 15/16 I gave up on it after about 50/60 pages, the writing is horific imho.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Dades wrote: »
    When he starts dressing up as an Orc - then you should be worried.
    No, when he starts asking you to dress up as an orc, then you're in trouble...

Advertisement