Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Half asleep, eyes open.

Options
  • 26-11-2010 1:31am
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 26

This has happened to me a few times. I remember there are 4 stages of sleep and I think 1 of them is deep sleep or something where your body does not move, as if you are dreaming you may fall off your bed etc.

Anyway i sometimes wake up with my eyes open looking at the wall or towards the door and I can't move, nothing will move, not even my eyes, they are just gazed at whatever they open themselves looking at. This usually happens towards my actual alarm time and takes about 30 seconds to actually regain control of my body.

I can still see images of the dream I was having but they are fading away and when I try to move, my head begins to feel strange as if its working against me to move and wake up.

This lasts for about 30 seconds as i said and then my body shakes violently and I am awake and can move again.

Anyone had this before? Happens to me 2 or 3 times a month and it can happen 3 or 4 times in one morning as I fall back to sleep.

Also freaked me out the first time when I was 90% awake with my eyes open and not able to move my body or speak even a whisper

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Yeah I've seen this before. My BF sleeps with his eyes pretty much wide open. Really freaking and takes a lot of getting used to waking up beside him and its like he's staring at ya even though he's fast asleep.

Advertisement