Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

std screening

Options
  • 26-11-2010 2:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

hi all do u know where i can get std screening for free and asap? i have jus broken up with a boyfriend who i found out cheated on my at leat 10 times in the last 3 months, i need to get checked to be on the safe side, i have no symptoms but want to get checked asap. if you have any numbers or advice how i could get it asap i would appreciate it. i am living in cork county
    thanks
    ncoug

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Well there's an sti clinic in the South Infirmary. Best bet is probably to ring them. I'm not going to google the number here in work though. Just in case....

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Colonel_McCoy

Vicotria hospital

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Is it true they don't have to ram a q tip down your japs eye these days?

Kold wrote: »
    Lol, got that done years back, I fainted. Op, sorry to hear about your bf , as above the gum clinic in the infirmary is an option, free and discrete. You'll no doubt be fine but get checked for the peace of mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Kold wrote: »

Yes.

OP give the gum clinic a ring,there very helpfull and you can always bring a friend along with you to the clinic for support if it helps, thats what I did.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Sexual Health Centre by the Mercy Hospital (Peter's Street, off the Mardyke) - it's more for advice, but perhaps a good place to start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ncoug06

thanks guys, ill try south infirmary and victoria so. im ok to go on my own ive been tested before just cause was free in college, and everything was fine. this time i hope its fine, he has such a player, its gross to think how many ppl he was with and i knew nothing :( anyway thanks for ur help x

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

The YHS on Shandon St also do free screening, not sure if you'd need an appointment or what though, think they only open on certain days.

Advertisement