Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UV Tattoos in Waterford?

• 26-11-2010 2:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭

Hihi! Would any of you fine men know if any of the tattoo parlours in Waterford do UV Tattoos?

Please note this thread is for informing me of if you do/do not know of anywhere, not to call me a thick **** for looking to get one.

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

What are they? or is there an obvious answer to that

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

It's a type of ink that glows under uv light!
    I don't think anyone in Waterford does it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

right..i knew what UV was but wasn't aware you could get a tattoo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Cant think of anywhere that does them.
    I know a lot of artists dont like doing them cause the the inks consistency is really weird

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

What are they? or is there an obvious answer to that

It's a tattoo that's only visible under UV light. So say for example, you're in a meeting with your boss, and he's giving you a proper bollocking for inappropriate work conduct. Then you hold a bluelight up against his face, and a swastika appears on his forehead.

..So basically, it's a way to get a tattoo somewhere that generally wouldn't be good for you in terms of looking sane/employable, but it only shows up say, in nightclubs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Sounds badass TBH,

Not many places with blacklights anymore though so I'd see little point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

Tellox wrote: »
    It's a tattoo that's only visible under UV light. So say for example, you're in a meeting with your boss, and he's giving you a proper bollocking for inappropriate work conduct. Then you hold a bluelight up against his face, and a swastika appears on his forehead.

..So basically, it's a way to get a tattoo somewhere that generally wouldn't be good for you in terms of looking sane/employable, but it only shows up say, in nightclubs.

But if you got the tattoo wouldnt it appear on your face not his :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 21 bananaface

They do them in Magics tattoos in Clonmel, he seems like a nice enough guy too and said he only charges 20 quid extra for UV tattoos. you can see them though, not just under uv light. he has a few himself he can show ya

bananaface wrote: »
    They do them in Magics tattoos in Clonmel, he seems like a nice enough guy too and said he only charges 20 quid extra for UV tattoos. you can see them though, not just under uv light. he has a few himself he can show ya

Nay, wouldn't be for me.. have a normal tattoo, but on my upper arm where it cant be seen in cases where say, I might be looking for a job. The UV tattoo will be on the back of my hand, definitely not something I'd want visible during an interview, or meeting my neighbours etc. As the old saying goes, don't get a tattoo somewhere a Judge could see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭MacGyver

you will still probably be able to see it depending on how it scars over and heals as can bee seen here. http://s4.hubimg.com/u/104843_f496.jpg Not mine by the way. this one looks like a self harmer http://uvtats.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/135269547_bc77941434.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭x3wiggles

If it's a really fleshy area e.g thigh, stomach etc, it won't look like the pictures as scarring from tattoos isn't that visible on these areas.
    Personal experience:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭Sparkles:)

eeloe wrote: »
    It's a type of ink that glows under uv light!
    I don't think anyone in Waterford does it

Actually it's not a type of ink that glows under uv light, its little beads containing the ink...

its far more painful and they cannot be laser removed (melts the plastic...) so they're more permanent than normal tattoos

Check out the tattoo and piercing boards people are often looking for UV artists there

MacGyver wrote: »
    you will still probably be able to see it depending on how it scars over and heals as can bee seen here. http://s4.hubimg.com/u/104843_f496.jpg Not mine by the way. this one looks like a self harmer http://uvtats.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/135269547_bc77941434.jpg

Heh, that looks ridiculous. But it wouldn't be half as bad on the back of your hand - the skin is extremely tight just above/below the knuckle, which is making it so visible.

Wiggles: mind sharing where you got yours done? Looks like I'll have to leave the county :(

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭x3wiggles

Wiggles: mind sharing where you got yours done? Looks like I'll have to leave the county :(

I don't have a UV tattoo. But I do have a tattoo just to the left of my right hip where the skin is fleshy. It didn't hurt though and the scarring isn't raised/its barely visible. that's why I advise there! but if you're looking for a place, go with what Sparkles said. We know our tattoos haha. Super Tattoo Tuesday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭Sparkles:)

Heh, that looks ridiculous. But it wouldn't be half as bad on the back of your hand - the skin is extremely tight just above/below the knuckle, which is making it so visible.

Quite possibly and with something like UV tattoos which are delicate and hurt more you don't want an artist that isn't worth his salt.

I see you've already checked the tattoos forums, http://www.inkednation.com/

its down at the moment but its a massive collection of artists and tattoo enthusiasts. when their website is back up and running there should sort you out...

Hope i helped

Sparksxxxxx

Advertisement