Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good drinking spots

Options
  • 26-11-2010 3:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Sorry, but Id say people are just sick of being asked this question!:o:)
    If you look back through the threads you will get lots of ideas.
    But if you are looking for places where you can chat, Id say the courthouse bar, costigans, the wash and down the other side of town the bodhran old oak and the rob roy. It depends a lot on what music and scene you are in to, and different nights of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Depends what kind of scene you're into, I'd recommend The Crane Lane, The Pavillion, The Slate or the Mutton Lane :) Sin é is another nice spot too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

Before today I'd have said Mutton Lane, but after encountering an incredibly rude manager, I shall take my business elsewhere.
    A frequent customer lost for that place.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I'd normally say Crane Lane, but its gone so mainstream, it's no fun anymore. Loving the Franciscan Well recently, mostly because of the smorgasbord of European cultures in there. Everyone's all chat, laughing, and there's no aggro, or attitudes. Great spot!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Give more info on what you're into OP - the answer could be Costigans or it could be The Oval, but they're totally different pubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭DonnieScribbles

Yeah the Franciscan Well is great. They have buy one get one free vouchers on draught pints going around but they only last until the end of November :(
    Nearly over, sad times. Great pub though!
    The Bierhaus is good too, especially if you're into your beer.
    I like Fionn Barra's also, really nice beer garden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

+1 to Fionn Barra's and the Franciscan Well. Also, Tom Barry's on Barrack Street is great, and Henchys in St Luke's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭disco biscuit

You could try the Idle Hour and the Sextant which are just a few doors apart.

Advertisement