Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plumbing a new rad, not decided against

• 26-11-2010 5:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Have builders in, three new rads fed from the 22mm using 15mm pipe.

Asked them to replace micobore to exising rad with 15mm but realised after they had laid the pipes that it might be too many on the one feed off the 22mm.

So am leaving the microbore (wasn't anything wrong with it per se and it is copper). For the moment the 15mm flow and return that was to be used is looped.

My question is - is it better to loop this 15mm or blank the flow and return?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭youtheman

Hello,

My question is - is it better to loop this 15mm or blank the flow and return?

If you loop the flow and return then you are creating the shortest route for the water, i.e. it always want to takes the easist route with the least pressure drop. So you'll imbalance the complete system. So you'd be better off blanking them. If you are looping them at least put a closed valve in the line.

If you are going to blank them maybe consider a valve and blank, so that if you want to ever connect again you don't have to drain down the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

youtheman wrote: »
    If you loop the flow and return then you are creating the shortest route for the water, i.e. it always want to takes the easist route with the least pressure drop. So you'll imbalance the complete system. So you'd be better off blanking them. If you are looping them at least put a closed valve in the line.

If you are going to blank them maybe consider a valve and blank, so that if you want to ever connect again you don't have to drain down the system.

Appreciate it, thanks.

Advertisement