Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to get best value artifical trees for xmas..

Options
  • 26-11-2010 8:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭

saw a nice one in b&q but they are waiting for more stock
    also a nice one in heatons €70.........

anybody got anything good

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

we went to B&Q for ours, fantastic value, :)

i saw the tree we bought for €71 in B&Q on sale in another retail outlet for €299.

Exact same tree type, exact same name/brand only difference was ours is 7ft 6 and the more expensive one is 8 ft....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

i saw the tree we bought for €71 in B&Q on sale in another retail outlet for €299.

Exact same tree type, exact same name/brand only difference was ours is 7ft 6 and the more expensive one is 8 ft....

Jesus 299e for an artificial tree?! That's ridiculous! Lucky you got the bargain:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

leahyl wrote: »
    Jesus 299e for an artificial tree?! That's ridiculous! Lucky you got the bargain:D

i've seen worse prices! :mad:

i've seen tree's go for anything up to €400! :eek:

http://www.buy4now.ie/woodiesdiy/productdetail.aspx?pid=10824&loc=P&catid=104.5
    i mean would you pay €250 for that?:eek:

but yeah i couldn't believe it until i saw it, the exact same tree!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

i've seen worse prices! :mad:

i've seen tree's go for anything up to €400! :eek:

http://www.buy4now.ie/woodiesdiy/productdetail.aspx?pid=10824&loc=P&catid=104.5
    i mean would you pay €250 for that?:eek:

but yeah i couldn't believe it until i saw it, the exact same tree!

God almighty no! We got a similar one in Dunnes about 2 years ago for about 100e - that's enough for any artificial tree!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

ya saw them yesterday looked good but out of stock till possibly next wed......also another there avilable for €85 i think pretty similar,

also if you spend €30 there (well i did yesterday) you get a 15% off voucher to be used between dec 1 - 16.......so probably look there next weekend for a peep

just wondering whats out there the argos ones in the stores look their price.....crappy €35 models

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

We got ours from Argos in the sale last year.

Wanted a 6ft fibre optic tree, but wasn't prepared to pay the crazy prices in B & Q and Argos, especially as I knew the same trees at home were 30-40% less. I was even going to ask my friend's husband to bring one over in his van as I knew he was coming to Cork on business.

In the end it wasn't necessary, as Argos reduced the price to E30 for the tree. Happy days!

Good quality, although a bit fiddly to put up. Might be an idea to hang on and see if the price goes down?

Advertisement