Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are landlords required by law to register their apartments with the PRTB?

Options
  • 26-11-2010 9:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

The block I live in has 20 apartments , only 3 seem to be registered with the PRTB ,they told me this on the phone and those 3 apartments are not owned by the building owner[my landlord] Should my apartment be registered with them? This is the first place i lived in where I did not receive a letter from them welcoming me to my new apartment.
    Is there a fine if the landlord doesn't register this apartment and does that fine include the 16 other empty places in this block?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

It's the tenancy thats registered, not the property. The empty units would not be registered.

As for your own registration, how long have you been there?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Jo King

It depends on the terms of the lease or licence under which you are residing in the apartment. Some do not have to be registered. Others do.

Advertisement