Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

increased access.

Options
  • 23-11-2010 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

My partner is up in court soon trying to gain more access to his son.

He currently only sees his son 5 hours on a saturday when it suits the mother even tho he pays his maintenance religously ever week and never lets him down...she has continually denied requests for more access time ...even to take him to the zoo!

Anyway can anyone advise if an application for guardianship can be dealt with the same day?
    Legal bills are out of control at this stage...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

Ang12 wrote: »
    My partner is up in court soon trying to gain more access to his son.

He currently only sees his son 5 hours on a saturday when it suits the mother even tho he pays his maintenance religously ever week and never lets him down...she has continually denied requests for more access time ...even to take him to the zoo!

Anyway can anyone advise if an application for guardianship can be dealt with the same day?
    Legal bills are out of control at this stage...

He doesnt need to pay legal bills at all, he can goto district court for free and apply for access, joint guardianship and joint custody.

He should bring all statements proving his payments with him on the day. he should also keep copies of any letters he's sent her pleading for extra time.

Hope it works out for the best :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

He doesnt need to pay legal bills at all, he can goto district court for free and apply for access, joint guardianship and joint custody.

He should bring all statements proving his payments with him on the day. he should also keep copies of any letters he's sent her pleading for extra time.

Hope it works out for the best :)

Where did the OP say he had sent letters, pleading for extra time:confused:

As far as I'm aware OP, if he has served her with an access order, that is the only order that can be dealt with on the day. However, he could try contacting the court services to see if guardianship can be dealt with on the same day and ask them to serve her with a guardianship order also- he can't just show up on the day and hope the judge listens to him about wanting guardianship in other words.

I wish him all the best OP.

Advertisement