Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bryan Adams - Ireland

Options
  • 26-11-2010 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Just heard this this morning... Bryan Adams at the O2 on 23rd June! Sweeet! Gettin tickets for that!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Deplasterer

Frank, go to a much better canadian artist playing O2 12/05/2010 first of all!

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Daisy03

I was planning to go to this until I heard he is playing at the Marquee in Cork on June 22nd. Much closer to home! :) Should be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

so was the Marquee gig anygood ?

anyone have any ideas of stage times, nothing up on MCD yet......cheers

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea i wanna find out when he is on aswell. Id presume 9 or so but with doors at 6.30 it might be earlier and possibly long set :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I asked earlier on the MCD page but lo and behold, no reply.

Managed to win a pair of Tix from Nova, third time seeing him and never paid once!!!

• Advertisement

would be nice to know alright.....they are useless......

well Ryan Sheridan is supporting - but can't see him getting much more than 30 minutes - and apparently the doors open at 6:30
    I did have a sneaky look at the setlist from recent gigs and there's a lot of songs in there, maybe he's planning on coming on at 8:30/8:45

NIBBS wrote: »
    would be nice to know alright.....they are useless......

well Ryan Sheridan is supporting - but can't see him getting much more than 30 minutes - and apparently the doors open at 6:30
    I did have a sneaky look at the setlist from recent gigs and there's a lot of songs in there, maybe he's planning on coming on at 8:30/8:45

Thats what i was thinking, gonna leave the gaff at 8.15, whizz down the tunnel, be there for 8.30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 BEBOKING

Bryan Adams came on at 8.30 last night and finished at 10.45.

He was fcukin' fantastic!Great showman and performer!

Funny part when singin' 'When Your Gone' he got a woman up from the audience to do Mel Cs bit but she didn't know it well enough so he benched her and got up another woman up who gave it socks!

Missed Ryan Sheridan but gather he wasn't on that long.

Roll on tonight!!

BEBOKING wrote: »
    Bryan Adams came on at 8.30 last night and finished at 10.45.

He was fcukin' fantastic!Great showman and performer!

Funny part when singin' 'When Your Gone' he got a woman up from the audience to do Mel Cs bit but she didn't know it well enough so he benched her and got up another woman up who gave it socks!

Missed Ryan Sheridan but gather he wasn't on that long.

Roll on tonight!!

cheers BEBOKING - much appreciated, wouldn't see much difference in the times for tonight, looks about right..........

yeah Scud think I'll be doing the same, depends on herself, might hit the support and give him a chance.....

Just found out

Doors 6.30p,

Ryan Sheridan 7.30 - 8.15

Bryan Adams 8.45 - ??

• Advertisement

scudzilla wrote: »
    Just found out

Doors 6.30p,

Ryan Sheridan 7.30 - 8.15

Bryan Adams 8.45 - ??

cheers scud - much appreciated......

cheers scud - much appreciated......

No bother, probably catch ya there, i'll be the guy who's lookin bored out of his tits!!

Im hoping to be there just in time. Hopefully get to the red cow by 8 once the bus isnt delayed and then hop on the luas to the O2

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Finne1993

Just back from the show, the times scudzilla gave were near spot on, he played from 8.40 till 10.50. Superb concert, no gimmicks or fancy stage, he simply walked on along with the band and belted out classic after classic.
    What a singer, he sounds better than ever and puts his heart and soul into the show, sometimes you can see the veins in his neck bulging as he gives it his all!
    Thats the 4th time I've seen him but the previous 3 were outdoors, (RDS,Slane,Marley Park) and this was far and away the best of the 4, can't wait till my 5th one already!

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

Finne1993 wrote: »
    Just back from the show, the times scudzilla gave were near spot on, he played from 8.40 till 10.50. Superb concert, no gimmicks or fancy stage, he simply walked on along with the band and belted out classic after classic.
    What a singer, he sounds better than ever and puts his heart and soul into the show, sometimes you can see the veins in his neck bulging as he gives it his all!
    Thats the 4th time I've seen him but the previous 3 were outdoors, (RDS,Slane,Marley Park) and this was far and away the best of the 4, can't wait till my 5th one already!

I agree it was a brilliant night and the sound was amazing, well it was at the front anyway ;) Bryan and the guys were in great form and I thought his vocals were impeccable. It was my 8th time seeing him and this is amongst my favourites along with Killarney and Slane. I loved the way he opened with House Arrest as I always thought that would be a great song to open with. Everything I do had me in tears as I had realised that song was released this month 20 years ago and that was when I became a fan and my first album I ever bought was Waking Up The Neighbours. Incidently his concert in Slane was my first concert :)

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭gossipgal08

Was in the O2 as well. First time seeing him. Ended up going on my own cause I wanted to see him that bad. Had to leave at 10.30 to get the bus home. Well worth eveypenny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Excellent show, really enjoyed it the Adams and the band could not have given more. However, the were large sections of the crowd that were very unenthusiastic and I felt that took away a lot from what could have been an exceptional gig. Especially those in the seats, 70% of them just sitting there like they were at mass. 40% or so of those standing were the same, while everyone around them were singing and dancing, they were standing there like Terminators seeking out their targets. A cattle prod is what many needed.

Anyway, great concert, not as good as the Olympia gig for atmosphere but as I say, that was more down to the crowd than Adams or the band and thankfully 30% of those in the seats and 60% of those standing, gave it everything they had and made it a great gig to be at, just not a classic one which is so easily could have been, shame.

Where we were standing I the crowd were great. I was surrounded by people who love Bryan as much as I do but I do remember looking around at one stage and wishing it was in a smaller venue where then everyone would have been going wild. At that moment I thought back to Paul Simon in Vicar Street where every single person was the life and soul!

Anyway here are the photos I wasn't supposed to take as security warned me before the concert not to use my camera but I figured I'd use it til they stopped me which didn't happen! I had serious focusing issues so the fact I managed to get these decent ones is good though because of the amount of rejects I had pains in my shoulders :D

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150228922408401.324819.708703400&l=2f08f7a6c7

• Registered Users Posts: 40 HeartShake

Loved the gig and thought it was great to see such an unfussy setup.

Does anyone have a setlist by any chance?

HeartShake wrote: »

I checked Setlist.fm earlier and it isn't up yet but it looks identical to the one from the previous night in Cork.
    I love the unfussy set too and Bryan has always like that, as is Bruce Springsteen. All we need is our artists doing what they do best though I do love a good show too and Take That's and Roger Water's were brilliant.

• Advertisement

musicmania wrote: »
    I checked Setlist.fm earlier and it isn't up yet but it looks identical to the one from the previous night in Cork.
    I love the unfussy set too and Bryan has always like that, as is Bruce Springsteen. All we need is our artists doing what they do best though I do love a good show too and Take That's and Roger Water's were brilliant.

Yea when i was the gig last night he really reminded me of Bruce Springsteen great showman. Will admit i had nearly forgotten about the gig so didnt really go back and listen to his stuff but still was a great gig

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

An amazing gig...

30bix55.jpg

9fzbk4.jpg

2qs6yh1.jpg

72g46w.jpg

2r4kbd0.jpg

musicmania wrote: »
    Where we were standing I the crowd were great. I was surrounded by people who love Bryan as much as I do but I do remember looking around at one stage and wishing it was in a smaller venue where then everyone would have been going wild. At that moment I thought back to Paul Simon in Vicar Street where every single person was the life and soul!

Anyway here are the photos I wasn't supposed to take as security warned me before the concert not to use my camera but I figured I'd use it til they stopped me which didn't happen! I had serious focusing issues so the fact I managed to get these decent ones is good though because of the amount of rejects I had pains in my shoulders :D

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150228922408401.324819.708703400&l=2f08f7a6c7

I knew you were towards the left side even before seening your pics :-)
    looked a bit more excited on that side than the right side of the stage - still I enjoyed myself I wasn't madly animated, but was singing along to songs I wanted to.....

here's a not too hot video I took of Cuts Like A Knife.

I knew you were towards the left side even before seening your pics :-)
    looked a bit more excited on that side than the right side of the stage - still I enjoyed myself I wasn't madly animated, but was singing along to songs I wanted to.....

here's a not too hot video I took of Cuts Like A Knife.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jd_N93QLgmc

LOL I am predicable but I choose the left side last night cos Keith Scott normally stands there so I wasn't amused by that LOL I generally go to the side of the venue I enter and for some reason I am nearly always at entrance 1 in The O2.

Nice shots livEwirE! What kind of camera did you use?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

In fairness, credit where it's due, Ryan Sheridan in support did a great job...

Check out my clips...

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭larry1

Another class performance from BA :D

[IMG][/img]89587825.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭setanta74

HeartShake wrote: »

Agreed. Great to see a basic enough setup on stage and still deliver a knockout show. A lot of acts could learn from this.

Seems like everyone at the concert had a blast and was well into it from my vantage point. Thats what its all about. A great night allround.

livEwirE wrote: »
    In fairness, credit where it's due, Ryan Sheridan in support did a great job...

I really enjoyed him too livEwirE - and he's a decent sense of humour too.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

livEwirE wrote: »
    My vids are up finally, hopefully they'll stay up and not be forcibly removed ;)

Not a chance they'll stay up.

Adams is one of those artists where footage gets removed daily from YouTube. I had loads of the Olympia gig uploaded and they closed my account. Foolishly, I had deleted my own copies from my memory card and so all was lost. So, don't that :p

Cheers for these though.

Advertisement