Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bryan Adams - Ireland

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

Yeah, it's well known that Bryan Adams' people are on the ball when it comes to that sort of thing so I expected this to happen, wonder how long it will take them?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 31 jenry

Took some video myself but not going to bother putting them on youtube, but wow he was brilliant as usual. It was about my 9th time to see him and i enjoyed every second :)[IMG][/img][IMG][/img]22DEF85B6DDB44CD833E18B82212ABF6-0000322603-0002393172-00800L-D19575A115FC4D25B1C53CAD3B9CBD62.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭phil1nj

It was my first time at a Bryan Adams gig last night (I bought the tickets for the missus as a Christmas pressie). I was pleasently surprised at the amount of songs I knew from down the years (I wouldn't be the biggest Bryan Adams fan). But credit where credit is due, the other half (and myself) thought that as gigs go it was damn near excellent. Mr. Adams and the band put on a great show and all the stories I 'd heard previously about him giving it his all were very much the truth. In summation, one of the better gigs I've been at in the past 18 months or so.

Hope Bon Jovi are as good, if not better, next Thursday night:D

CA49DA33BE3D4CC8813B5550EC5CA710-0000322603-0002393175-00800L-7E0CB001CFFB4E0D83F08E5049012AFD.jpgDD3095311BB04BF1B9EEB87106BC1AE2-0000322603-0002393173-00800L-30BE1937048D4F6D8F324960B0F05893.jpg525B0844D9424B8E8ACB034F43E325DB-0000322603-0002393178-00640L-728413A5E3D4459EBE1F2A3E79714D3C.jpg

Brilliant photos there Jenry!

• Advertisement

livEwirE wrote: »
    Brilliant photos there Jenry!

Thankyou Livewire. I managed to get a few good ones, lots were out of focus. I will stick a couple more up

4724B0EC9A7D46C1AF333C1206340F8D-0000322603-0002393171-00800L-3C1B1FDE89914058B23E4321489B4E2A.jpg467B7A10C6B04492968ED1A9F810881E-0000322603-0002393180-00800L-FE8C2BFF99644D20BE1E14F7F1E57283.jpg5F589E76123F41F5867CAAB0E2B11DBF-0000322603-0002393177-00640L-F2D99E9370AF492FAA8A5373B36016E2.jpg97F2D0CC1B904FFC970389CB10470764-0000322603-0002393183-00640L-BAD4E16FB3F44281BF15C5C39161EDA4.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 cupfungus1984

Great photos jenry! I got a good few myself and am half-afraid to put them up... 7th time seeing him last night and for the first time made it to the barrier, smack bang in the middle of stage. Was so amazing...until security took my camera after Cloud No 9 and after the show were saying my memory stick was being destroyed!! Before the show, they asked me not to use my flash and I said no problem at all (which is wasn't) but the staff at o2 were so nice and managed to get the card back for me. Relieved to hear I'm not the only one who has trouble with this, although I now know for future!! Also, had no idea they'd take down youtube vidoes - won't be putting mine up so!!

What a concert though, I'm not sure it's my favourite of his - Killarney or Galway were amazing but the energy and effort he puts into each song is unbelievable. Here's hoping he's back next year again!

Great photos jenry! I got a good few myself and am half-afraid to put them up... 7th time seeing him last night and for the first time made it to the barrier, smack bang in the middle of stage. Was so amazing...until security took my camera after Cloud No 9 and after the show were saying my memory stick was being destroyed!! Before the show, they asked me not to use my flash and I said no problem at all (which is wasn't) but the staff at o2 were so nice and managed to get the card back for me. Relieved to hear I'm not the only one who has trouble with this, although I now know for future!! Also, had no idea they'd take down youtube vidoes - won't be putting mine up so!!

What a concert though, I'm not sure it's my favourite of his - Killarney or Galway were amazing but the energy and effort he puts into each song is unbelievable. Here's hoping he's back next year again!

Oh my god, bet you were cracking up. I didn't use my flash much. Lucky you getting up the front, i was on the right side, couldn't make it near the front. Yeah you can't upload any Bryan videos on youtube, he has his own Channel on youtube where he posts his own stuff. Glad you got your card back :) Go on post some photos, would love to see them :)

jenry wrote: »
    Oh my god, bet you were cracking up. I didn't use my flash much. Lucky you getting up the front, i was on the right side, couldn't make it near the front. Yeah you can't upload any Bryan videos on youtube, he has his own Channel on youtube where he posts his own stuff. Glad you got your card back :) Go on post some photos, would love to see them :)

I think the tears over the thoughts of losing my sister's wedding photos that were on the card from last week helped get them back but yeah cracking up is right, put a dampner on the night but lesson learned and I know for the future!! His tour manager warned me not to put them on facebook/twitter - do you know would they see them on facebook? Wary about putting them on it, will post them here this evening though! :)

• Advertisement

I think the tears over the thoughts of losing my sister's wedding photos that were on the card from last week helped get them back but yeah cracking up is right, put a dampner on the night but lesson learned and I know for the future!! His tour manager warned me not to put them on facebook/twitter - do you know would they see them on facebook? Wary about putting them on it, will post them here this evening though! :)

Don't think they would see them on facebook if your page is private, i have mine on there .

jenry wrote: »
    Don't think they would see them on facebook if your page is private, i have mine on there .

That's what I was thinking but he put the fear into me last night!! Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭bonoman66

Brilliant footage to get - well done & thank you for taknig the time to upload & share with those of us who couldn't make it to the show last night.

Great to see he's still such a strong performer - fantastic artist & band.

Certainly looked like a super gig.

Cheers!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I was near the back of the arena but im pretty sure Ryan Sheridan walked passed me and was taking pictures with a few people in front of me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

my video has been taken down already ;-)

they are efficient.........

if you are on the barrier and have been asked not to use your flash (and as you said don't) - they have no right to take a camera from you......
    maybe they made an announcement when the doors opened but we got in before Ryan Sheridan and nothing was said at that stage, also I don't remember any signs and nothing specific printed on the tickets (unlike Bon Jovi which actively says no cameras, laser pointers etc) - I've no problem with them telling people no cameras, none at all, they made announcements at the Olympia show and I was fine with that....

there's usually no problems with pics at gigs as long as you aren't using a camera with a changeable lens, but artists have the right to say no phoos too.....and if they make it known (which they would to the promoters) that's fair enough....

All good things must come to an end, it was fun while it lasted:D I just received this message when logging onto my account...

Videos posted around 11:30am today, warning received around 5:00pm today. Man, these guys are fast!

Hope you enjoyed the videos while they lasted.

I've deleted them now. Strange how my embedded links here still work, must be cached on the servers or something:confused::confused::confused:

At least my Ryan Sheridan Vids are not affected :)

2q2312a.jpg

When you acknowledge the warning you are directed to this video...

NIBBS wrote: »
    my video has been taken down already ;-)

they are efficient.........

if you are on the barrier and have been asked not to use your flash (and as you said don't) - they have no right to take a camera from you......
    maybe they made an announcement when the doors opened but we got in before Ryan Sheridan and nothing was said at that stage, also I don't remember any signs and nothing specific printed on the tickets (unlike Bon Jovi which actively says no cameras, laser pointers etc) - I've no problem with them telling people no cameras, none at all, they made announcements at the Olympia show and I was fine with that....

there's usually no problems with pics at gigs as long as you aren't using a camera with a changeable lens, but artists have the right to say no phoos too.....and if they make it known (which they would to the promoters) that's fair enough....

I didn't really have much of a choice; he had the camera taken from around my neck by the time he was even saying he was taking it! I didn't want to create a scene right at the front of the stage so trusted I'd at least get it back, thankfully I did. It's a Canon camera but nothing too fancy in saying that, no changing lens of anything like that plus I'm not great with it but they're not to know that! Yeah I was at the Olympia/Gleneagle gigs and had no problem not taking one photo; you have to respect being asked before it. I just wish instead of asking me not to use my flash, they just could have said not to use it at all, really wouldn't have minded, I've seen him enough times to not mind not having photos! Ah well, lesson learned and sure here's a couple of the photos I did get :) (Hope I did this right...only a boards.ie rookie!)

IMG_0076.JPG

IMG_0061.JPG

IMG_0053.JPG

IMG_0054.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

I didn't really have much of a choice; he had the camera taken from around my neck by the time he was even saying he was taking it! I didn't want to create a scene right at the front of the stage so trusted I'd at least get it back, thankfully I did. It's a Canon camera but nothing too fancy in saying that, no changing lens of anything like that plus I'm not great with it but they're not to know that! Yeah I was at the Olympia/Gleneagle gigs and had no problem not taking one photo; you have to respect being asked before it. I just wish instead of asking me not to use my flash, they just could have said not to use it at all, really wouldn't have minded, I've seen him enough times to not mind not having photos! Ah well, lesson learned and sure here's a couple of the photos I did get :) (Hope I did this right...only a boards.ie rookie!)

Don't get me wrong cupfungus - i was just voicing my frustration at them taking it from you after asking you to just not use the flash, and of course not making any announcement not to take photos (I never use a flash and was getting annoyed with the amount of people using them around me) - just happy you get your camera back and didn't loose the other important photos........

your pics look great by the way.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

The Gig was good, but i felt that 75% of the crowd didn't really get into it until Summer of 69.

Pisssed off at paying 3euro for a bottle of water though

NIBBS wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong cupfungus - i was just voicing my frustration at them taking it from you after asking you to just not use the flash, and of course not making any announcement not to take photos (I never use a flash and was getting annoyed with the amount of people using them around me) - just happy you get your camera back and didn't loose the other important photos........

your pics look great by the way.....

Oh sorry NIBBS, didn't mean it to sound bad :eek:, I was in turn agreeing with what you were saying, just saying a bit more about how it all happened! Yeah I'm delighted to have gotten it back, only for the staff at the o2 were so nice, and actually the guy who helped me said that BA's tour manager was "busting their balls" and he said they're weren't happy with all they had to do - whether it was a line or not I don't know but it really helped having them so friendly.

Thanks! :)

• Advertisement

scudzilla wrote: »
    The Gig was good, but i felt that 75% of the crowd didn't really get into it until Summer of 69.

Pisssed off at paying 3euro for a bottle of water though

I brought in a few chocolate bars rather than pay for anything and never thought of a drink; saw two women on way in with empty bottles - no caps - and I'm presuming they were filling them up inside...great idea that I'll be robbing for next time!

Yeah, gotta agree on the prices, crazy markup on drinks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

All good things must come to an end, it was fun while it lasted:D I just received this message when logging onto my account...

Told ya :p

Think my Olympia vids lasted ten hours or something last year.

The only two other artists I ever seen get deleted as fast are Billy Connolly and Tommy Teirnan stuff when it's off their current tour, that stuff goes within the hour sometimes.

I used to think it was to do with the record label, but it's the artist actually. For instance, Springsteen is with Columbia and you could upload every single second of a footage from a gig and it will remain (or at least has done for me) but yet there are other Columbia artists material that you will never find uploaded.

Advertisement