Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The official unofficial AH Late Late Toy Show thread, RTÉ1 9:35p.m.

• 26-11-2010 9:59am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Well folks its that time of year again, time for the stick man to don a dodgy sweater and squirm his way through three hours of annoying know-it-all kids, Billy Barry dancers, the boring book reviews and most probarbly Dustin the turkey. I suppose its a bit of a national tradition at this stage to watch this train crash, so grab a tin of Cadburys Roses and some alcohol, light the fire and put your feet up and enjoy looking at the presents you probarbly cant afford to buy your loved ones this year.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Hasmunch

I hope John-joe makes a return

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

should this not be merged in the christmas forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Is this tonight?

Brilliant!

Now I need to decide whether to go on the piss tonight and watch it tomorrow or stay in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Whats the betting Jedward makes a visit (again)?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

Ryan Tubridy gets on my tits so I think I'll go for a few pints. It's repeated Sunday Afternoon so I can vegetate watching it then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

FearDark wrote: »
    time for the stick man to don a dodgy sweater

i thought stick man created what idiots in RTE dubbed "jumpergate" because he refused to wear a dodgy sweater this year?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

i thought stick man created what idiots in RTE dubbed "jumpergate" because he refused to wear a dodgy sweater this year?

He's since then decided to wear a dodgy jumper going back on his previous stance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Tubridy was shit last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Gonna take this chance to remind everyone that the superior Peep Show is on tonight. Watch that instead.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Gonna take this chance to remind everyone that the superior Peep Show is on tonight. Watch that instead.

I agree, I'll be in work for this later so I'll catch both Late Late and Peep Show on RTÉ player and on 4oD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Now that's more like it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Milky Moo

Peep show has become stale and predictable, watch the toy show people!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Milky Moo wrote: »
    Peep show has become stale and predictable, watch the toy show people!

Blashphemy :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Jumpergate should only be used when the prat finally decides to throw himself off the top of a very tall building.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

But wait folks......Tubs is SINGING tonight! Just read in on the Indo (online - I will not pay for that paper ever again). This raises a number of questions for me:
    1. Is there no limit to this man's ego? He's already published a book this year about his focking hobbyhorse!
    2. Does anyone in RTE Senior Management ever say no to the 'stars' of RTE?
    3. Is there either a creative control or a quality control department in RTE?
    4. Can I please have my TV licence money back now?

I won't be watching, but look forward to the youtube clip of a man in his mid-late 30s dancing around a set of toys with children running around him and I'm guessing at some stage running to Uncle Tubbs for a big hug. Not at all uncomfortable for a number of reasons........

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

But wait folks......Tubs is SINGING tonight! Just read in on the Indo (online - I will not pay for that paper ever again). This raises a number of questions for me:
    1. Is there no limit to this man's ego? He's already published a book this year about his focking hobbyhorse!

I won't be watching, but look forward to the youtube clip of a man in his mid-late 30s dancing around a set of toys with children running around him and I'm guessing at some stage running to Uncle Tubbs for a big hug. Not at all uncomfortable for a number of reasons........

Are you sure on that because, Paddy Powers are offering the following

Applies to the live broadcast of the Late Late Toy Show 2010. *Must be intact when Ryan first picks it up and be visibly broken on the show. **Must be a live performance of a full song with backing from the band. PP decision final in settlement.

Ryan to perform a song during the show** 10/11

Ryan to break one of the toys* 11/4

Ryan to make a child cry 10/1

Ryan to announce that there's no such thing as Santa 100/1

Ryan to swear at a child 250/1

I like those odds!! ;)

BROADCASTER Ryan Tubridy will make history tonight when he becomes the first 'Late Late' host to sing on the long-running chatshow.

The 36-year-old will perform a song from 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory' as the opening piece of tonight's annual 'Late Late Toy Show'.

"It will be mildly ridiculous, but it's a mildly ridiculous night so I will be giving it a go. The idea was suggested to me over a pint one night -- 'why don't you sing?' Great idea, then I woke up the next day thinking it was a dreadful idea, but they said, 'We need something to laugh at right now,' so I agreed. It will be embarrassing but hopefully wonderful too," Tubridy told the Irish Independent.

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/tubridy-ends-sour-week-on-a-sweet-note-2436734.html

Gone from PP now, did you manage to place a bet?

Gone from PP now, did you manage to place a bet?

Nah! It was there yesterday they pulled the bet since the Indo's article! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

The 36-year-old........

I thought he was 37(?)

Or does his ego extend to lying about his age?

/nitpick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

lockie1983 wrote: »
    Are you sure on that because, Paddy Powers are offering the following

Applies to the live broadcast of the Late Late Toy Show 2010. *Must be intact when Ryan first picks it up and be visibly broken on the show. **Must be a live performance of a full song with backing from the band. PP decision final in settlement.

Ryan to break one of the toys* 11/4

Ryan to make a child cry 10/1

Ryan to announce that there's no such thing as Santa 100/1

Ryan to swear at a child 250/1

I like those odds!! ;)

Put a tenner on an accumulator and you get Euro 1,9960,870.38.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

I prefer Gaybo doing the Late Late Toy show, the show is set at a slower pace and he acutally makes time for the kids. With Tubbs he's like go go go!

I prefer Gaybo doing the Late Late Toy show, the show is set at a slower pace and he acutally makes time for the kids. With Tubbs he's like go go go!

Yea I noticed that last year, all the segments with the kids felt very rushed and unpersonal. You think he'd be better with kids as he has 2 daughters of his own!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭Burkatron

See Fair City, Fade street or anything with that Lynch yoke & there's your answer.
    Also gems from the past like the Byrne ultimatumn or Upwardly mobile!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

I've never watched the Toy show.. Ever.. Still don't know what it's all about and not sure I want to :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Hopefully Dustin is on :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

lockie1983 wrote: »

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

+1 never watched it, have no intention of watching it.
    Not a bah humbug just think it's a pile of ****e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Sykk wrote: »
    I've never watched the Toy show.. Ever.. Still don't know what it's all about and not sure I want to :pac:

What kind of depraved childhood did you have?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭AAAAAAAHHH

Bring back Gay

priests.

These kids are getting too cheeky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I remember I realised last year that I had outgrown the toy show and stopped watching after about half an hour :(

I'll give it a shot tonight but I don't have high hopes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

the toy show kinda sucks. it was great when i was a kid but now its just un-talented children and not enough toys and the toys they DO have are shit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

FearDark wrote: »
    ...so grab a tin of Cadburys Roses and some alcohol, light the fire and put your feet up and enjoy looking at the presents you probarbly cant afford to buy your loved ones this year.

Well if you insist I suppose I could have my arm twisted into eating some sweets and drinking a few cans in front of the fire and television :)

Can't wait. Although it'll never be the same as it was when 'Uncle Gaybo' did it. I was always excira and delira when it was on when I was a kid...roll it there Róisín/Collette. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Cant wait for this. Never before have I needed to be brought back to easier times!!! Nothing but Yuletide cheer for me today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

McFly are gonna be performing supposedly.

• Advertisement

mars bar wrote: »
    McFly are gonna be performing supposedly.

As is Joe McElderry.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Luxie

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Well if you insist I suppose I could have my arm twisted into eating some sweets and drinking a few cans in front of the fire and television :)

Can't wait. Although it'll never be the same as it was when 'Uncle Gaybo' did it. I was always excira and delira when it was on when I was a kid...roll it there Róisín/Collette. :D

Would be great if they could bring him back just for this one show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

Indo - 'BROADCASTER Ryan Tubridy will make history tonight when he becomes the first 'Late Late' host to sing on the long-running chatshow.'

So this is what the kids will be learning about in their history lessons in first year in 2042 - Ryan Turbidy singing? I've heard it all now:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I'm wondering where the official I'm not going to watch this **** thread is? :D

OisinT wrote: »
    I'm wondering where the official I'm not going to watch this **** thread is? :D

Over there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Over there
    :confused:

OisinT wrote: »
    :confused:

You insult the Toy Show, I call you a Glee-loving hobo :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭MiciG91

Last year was the year off the horologist,with john-joe the little rascal ! Cant wait it marks the beggining of xmas ! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Yeah im on my way to the studio now.

How could you have missed the entire other thread??!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭AAAAAAAHHH

yermandan wrote: »
    How could you have missed the entire other thread??!!!

Yeah, it's taking up about a quarter of the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭joe stodge

i seen complaints on the rte website regarding the toyshow, about it causing kids to pressure adults into buying toys they cant afford this year and how some people hope they dont give anything to the audience because all the stuff should go to charity.

talk about grinches

AAAAAAAHHH wrote: »
    Yeah, it's taking up about a quarter of the internet.

Hahaha yeah but in fairness as much as people slate it,its great to watch and take the piss out of...God knows we need a good laugh... I wonder will it be a recession free zone, lets hope so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,528 ✭✭✭cml387

Whatever happened to that woman who won tickets to the Toy Show on air, and told PK that she couldn't be arsed (I paraphrase somewhat).

Is she out of jail yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭smk89

I'll watch it just for the shoe-horned in video games section despite the fact the the most sold toys of the last 10 years have been games

• Advertisement
Advertisement