Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

That Band You Really Want To See.....

Options
  • 26-11-2010 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭

1. Has to be an active touring band, or a band with a chance of actively touring

What is the one band you want to see live at the moment more than anything, maybe it's because you haven't seen them in years, maybe you have never seen them and love their music and they just haven't played here. Whatever the situation, name the band you really wish would tour ASAP!

Mine would be Shadows Fall - haven't seen them since 2003

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Darraghnormal

Saw shadows fall a few years ago, they were class.

Ehhh does Pantera count?

I wish Reuben would get back together and play 1 last show, that'd be my choice.

• Moderators Posts: 51,805 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

+1 to Reuben

Right now for me, it would have to be *shels.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Some how the Gods and whatnot have conspired against me to ensure I have yet to see Nine Inch Nails and Pearl Jam!!

Odd considering it's not like they haven't come here!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Banks/Collins/Gabriel/Hackett/Rutherford :D

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Tesla (missed them in Belfast last year , haven't seen them since they supported Def Leppard in the SFX years ago ... possibly 87/88)
    Queensryche (haven't seen them since the Operation Mindcrime tour in the SFX - 1990 I think)
    Fish (last gig in the Sugar Club on the 13th Star tour was brilliant.)

....ooooops , sorry you said "band" not "bands" ... in that case I'll go for Tesla

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭silent sage

This Will Destroy You or Explosions in the Sky. If I was to choose one...

This Will Destroy You.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Explosions in the Sky.

Got my Vicar St ticket yesterday. ;) Probably the band I most want to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭silent sage

8-10 wrote: »
    Got my Vicar St ticket yesterday. ;) Probably the band I most want to see.

You got a what now? I presume I can get a ticket on tickets.ie :)...

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Darraghnormal

The mighty Dillinger Escape plan, think theyre on tour at the moment, not coming to Ireland tho, BooUrns.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Rammstein, no contest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

RayCon wrote: »
    Tesla (missed them in Belfast last year , haven't seen them since they supported Def Leppard in the SFX years ago ... possibly 87/88)

....ooooops , sorry you said "band" not "bands" ... in that case I'll go for Tesla

Don't mean to upset you, but you know they also performed in Dublin with Def Leppard as well? I would have loved to be at that gig too, was supposed to see them in Glasgow, but never managed to make it the hour down the road at the time due to other commitments....would love to see them as well one day

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Don't mean to upset you, but you know they also performed in Dublin with Def Leppard as well? I would have loved to be at that gig too, was supposed to see them in Glasgow, but never managed to make it the hour down the road at the time due to other commitments....would love to see them as well one day

I was raging as I got out of work late that day and missed Tesla, who I really wanted to see and who were the only band out of the four I hadn't seen live before. So I suppose they're on the list, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

blastman wrote: »
    I was raging as I got out of work late that day and missed Tesla, who I really wanted to see and who were the only band out of the four I hadn't seen live before. So I suppose they're on the list, too.

They are a great band. Hopefully they'll be back here soon, maybe 2011, on some kind of Classic Rock vibe with a DLR fronted Van Halen at Download - if that happens, they can also open for Journey, Foreigner and Styx

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Deicide. Supposed to see them during the summer, till they cancelled..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Scorpions. As they are on their last tour it would be great if they could make an appearance in this country. A long time fan I have never seen them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,005 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I wanted to see Melissa Auf Der Maur, who's just finished a tour of Europe including the UK - but I couldn't get away due to finances and university commitments. She was in Ireland last year, apparently, but I didn't hear about it until too late. :(

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Meshuggah would be fine by me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

RayCon wrote: »
    Queensryche (haven't seen them since the Operation Mindcrime tour in the SFX - 1990 I think)

Saw them at Hellfest and they're were awful, I was really disappointed!

Dying to see Morbid Angel thankfully they're playing Bloodstock so needless to say I'm gonna be there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

I would love to see Mastodon again. Saw them for the first time in Marley park, but would love to see their own headling show. Probably have missed out on seeing them play Crack the Skye in its entirety at this stage :(. Or would have been pretty cool if we got the Mastodon/High on Fire/Dethklok tour over here, would have done anything to see them here. Won't say no to seeing Rage Against the Machine again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Cole

Ozzy Osbourne and band for me....with Zakk Wylde back in the fold. I was always aware of him but only really discovered his music, properly, quite recently. He always seems to have had a top class group of musicians around him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭YipYipU

Tool - Haven't played here since '06 and unforunately I missed them. Have never seen them so it'd be great if they came back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Under A Funeral Moon

Darkthrone for me, no contest. It's extremely unlikely to happen, but one can always dream. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Lamb_of_God

Lamb of fu**in God, hell yea.

Anyone know if there gonna be playin in dublin or even ireland at all??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭HBK

Bush - Hopefully thre will be a european tour once the dates in the states are done

Silverchair - Not going to miss them next time they play UK.(as they wont ever play here)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Lamb of fu**in God, hell yea.

Anyone know if there gonna be playin in dublin or even ireland at all??

They played the academy last year, they were class. Can't really see them coming back for awhile unless they bring a new album out...

I've never had a chance to see killswitch engage and have always been curious about whether they would be any good live or not. Hard to see them coming to Ireland (or even the UK) anytime soon though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Lamb_of_God

Yea i remember. i missed that cuz i was on holiday unfortunately!!
    They should tour again wheather or not they release an new album!!there shows would be sold out(not as fast as pearl jam did....6 minutes)

I'd be curious of killswitch too there class(in the studio) they seem like one of those bands that would suck live tho.
    Ya never know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭HBK

I'd be curious of killswitch too there class(in the studio) they seem like one of those bands that would suck live tho.
    Ya never know

Wrong! They have been class at downlaod the last 2 years - And I wouldn't be their biggest fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

HBK wrote: »
    Wrong! They have been class at downlaod the last 2 years - And I wouldn't be their biggest fan.

In that case they'd be my pick. I always thought those guitars (which make the band) might get a bit lost in a live show...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭InigoMontoya

Neurosis, but I'm seeing them in London next week. (Touch wood regarding the weather).

Kyuss, though Garcia Plays Kyuss this year was very cool so not quite the priority it might have been.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Harrocks

Would have to be Clutch for me havnt seen them yet.

Advertisement