Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

That Band You Really Want To See.....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Denny M wrote: »
    Deicide. Supposed to see them during the summer, till they cancelled..

I know! Grrrrr bast*rds. Had my ticket n'all.
    old gregg wrote: »
    Meshuggah would be fine by me

Saw them a few years ago in Glasgow. Played a very tight set even though there was absolutely no crowd interaction I didn't care. Right up the front rocking out like a f*ckin' loon!

Hmm. I suppose Crowbar would be mine. I'm hoping that our lil sh!tty island can tempt them over. If we can't I wouldn't mind travelling to see 'em.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Lamb_of_God

HBK wrote: »
    Wrong! They have been class at downlaod the last 2 years - And I wouldn't be their biggest fan.

I stand corrected!!
    I'm pretty sure tool was mentioned further up.Definitely!! A perfect circle works too....Primus, jaysus so many class bands so little time!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭InigoMontoya

Meshuggah also, and Gojira.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭baldshin

Still need to see Arch Enemy, As I Lay Dying, At The Gates(probably won't happen) and Carcass before I can die a happy man.

baldshin wrote: »
    Still need to see Arch Enemy, As I Lay Dying, At The Gates(probably won't happen) and Carcass before I can die a happy man.

Wouldn't think so either. Didn't they just do a "reunion" gig at Hellfest or Wacken this year? But yeah I'd love to see them too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Me? I'd love to catch Ted Leo and the Pharmacists, they're actually on tour and I just missed them playing 2 hours drive from my place last night... and found out today! But that's not really rock...

I think I've seen everyone I really really wanted to see, and are still playing, for now.
    I'd like to see Bruce Dickinson do some solo stuff... I remember him covering Black Sabbath with FFaF in Belfast 2005 and it was awesome, so I want more. Same for Soundgarden, Audioslave playing Black Hole Sun was temptation. And of course, Megadeth and Dragon Force.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I'd love to see Disturbed make a return to Ireland. They were fantastic a few years ago in Temple Bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Anthrax.

For various reasons i've never managed to catch them live,one of the few bands left on my "see before i die" list.

lord lucan wrote: »
    Anthrax.

For various reasons i've never managed to catch them live,one of the few bands left on my "see before i die" list.

I second this motion. Seen the a bunch of times, but would love to see them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Morbid Angel, always floating about Europe, but never ****ing here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Glassjaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

rammsteinlogo.jpg

rammstein3.jpg

rammsteinlogo.jpg

rammstein3.jpg

Agreed. Rammtstein are on my list of completely over the top live shows to see before I die. Them and Gwar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭baldshin

chin_grin wrote: »
    Wouldn't think so either. Didn't they just do a "reunion" gig at Hellfest or Wacken this year? But yeah I'd love to see them too.

AND less than a week after I post this, they announce another tour!!!!!

baldshin wrote: »
    AND less than a week after I post this, they announce another tour!!!!!

Yeah saw that. Boy is my face red! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Lamb_of_God

So....what does that mean there coming here??

So....what, does that mean they're coming here?

Not sure.

http://www.metalireland.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=45939&sid=4b14abf47cadab8cb6564d7cef980633

Looks like they'd only be doing the big festivals from scanning over that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

Would love to see:

Rammstein
    tumblr_l6fyzgutZ91qzw40go1_500.jpg

and In This Moment
    in_this_moment.jpg
    3465340862_d2cf6c93c9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Nailz wrote: »
    Morbid Angel, always floating about Europe, but never ****ing here.

Saw the original line-up back in the early 90s in McGonagles. F**king savage gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Amorphis and Sigh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

Coheed and Cambria

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

I would crawl through a pit of snakes to see King Diamond or Mercyful Fate live. By far and away top of my must see list.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

The original line-up(s) of:

Queen
    Guns N Roses
    Metallica(w/Cliff Burton)
    Slayer
    Thin Lizzy

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

If it wasn't for the whole Portnoy debacle, Dream Theater.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,007 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

YipYipU wrote: »
    Tool - Haven't played here since '06 and unforunately I missed them. Have never seen them so it'd be great if they came back.

That was four years ago? Jesus, how time flies.

You didn't miss much anyway, was a terrible concert.

I'd love to see Faith No More. I was at their last concert here, but due to an accident ended up missing the whole thing. Was gutted :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,415 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Motley Crue and Aeromsith, still have yet to see them live. I would have put Iron Maiden down too, but I'm going to see them in Belfast next August :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

o1s1n wrote: »
    That was four years ago? Jesus, how time flies.

You didn't miss much anyway, was a terrible concert.

I'd love to see Faith No More. I was at their last concert here, but due to an accident ended up missing the whole thing. Was gutted :(

Are you serious, that was a brilliant concert! Apart from the whole no camera thing which was just funny really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

Saw the original line-up back in the early 90s in McGonagles. F**king savage gig.

Would that be Dec 1990?? Think I still have me ticket stub.....with Unleashed as support?

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Tickets on sale now!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 bledmillennium

Death

RIP Schuldiner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

COF. I've never seen them but they're my favourite band.

Advertisement