Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woodquay last night?!

Options
  • 26-11-2010 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭

Was driving through woodquay last night around 7.30-8, the place was covered in gardai, an ambulance, and camera crew. Anyone know what was happening?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Monkey knife fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

Heard on GB FM they were shooting scenes for a Ken Breun (not sure if that's spelt right) movie. Your man said it was called 'Jack Taylor', but I thought that was already made and shown on TV3 a few months back. Anyway that's what Galway Bay FM said.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

They were down filming this morning across from the new bus station at Fairgreen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Ruby_Woo

Yeah, they're filming the second film in the Jack Taylor series

• Registered Users Posts: 14 DRSPOK

Crew filming on Forster Street this morning
    Anyone have any info? Just being nosey:D!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭happyoutish

Oh yes their filming "the Guards" based on Ken Bruens book.... With the yummy Iain Glen... :D

So I was told by someone in the shop while i was having a sneaky look :D

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

There was some filming going on in eyre square last weekend too. Mate of mine was running down past the skeff, late to meet me, when he got grabbed by a film crew and roared at for 'ruining their scene'. There was no indication that there was filming going on except for a very small crowd of 5 or 6 people who were blocking his view of the camera. Gob****es.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

Jaysus thats mad. never heard of that jack taylor lark.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

They're filming 2 episodes over the next few months, and the pieces have 'crime related' themes I believe.

Unrelated, spotted Jessica Lange having a quiet pint on Quay St yesterday too!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

inisboffin wrote: »
    They're filming 2 episodes over the next few months, and the pieces have 'crime related' themes I believe.

Is it as terrible as their website makes it look? I saw Jesus in a tub of Hagaan Daz Cookies and Cream once before...turned out to be a peice of cookie though. Talk about a disappointment!

• Advertisement

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Is it as terrible as their website makes it look? I saw Jesus in a tub of Hagaan Daz Cookies and Cream once before...turned out to be a peice of cookie though. Talk about a disappointment!

Ya lost me? Are they 2 separate thoughts?;)

Sam and Jessica were there alright, but I didn't bless meself:p

Is this the site you mean? Pretty simple I suppose, but we won't know how good/bad the actual episodes are until we see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭PauricTheLodger

Her daughter was graduating from NUIG today, herself and Sam Shepard were both here for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

dafunk wrote: »
    There was some filming going on in eyre square last weekend too. Mate of mine was running down past the skeff, late to meet me, when he got grabbed by a film crew and roared at for 'ruining their scene'. There was no indication that there was filming going on except for a very small crowd of 5 or 6 people who were blocking his view of the camera. Gob****es.

I doubt that was Jack Taylor, they only had a three week shoot in Galway before moving to Germany to shoot the rest of it (co-produced by a German company so it needed to be done). Also, it's a big production so it wouldn't have been only 5 or 6 people around a camera.

I'd say what you saw was the "Blood, Sweat and Wars" shoot. That would have a very small crew. It's a feature that's been trying to get off the ground for 4 or 5 years now.

Average-Ro wrote: »
    I doubt that was Jack Taylor, they only had a three week shoot in Galway before moving to Germany to shoot the rest of it (co-produced by a German company so it needed to be done). Also, it's a big production so it wouldn't have been only 5 or 6 people around a camera.

I'd say what you saw was the "Blood, Sweat and Wars" shoot. That would have a very small crew. It's a feature that's been trying to get off the ground for 4 or 5 years now.

You're likely right about what it was, something smaller, judging by crew size and, ahem, crowd control:p
    But I know for a fact they have another week or two on Jack Taylor. They are doing two different episodes. One is more centered here.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Mollie Breathna

You're likely right about what it was, something smaller, judging by crew size and, ahem, crowd control:p
    But I know for a fact they have another week or two on Jack Taylor. They are doing two different episodes. One is more centered here.

It definitely is the second series of the "Jack Taylor" - filming in Woodquay and around the Town Hall Theatre earlier in the week and at the Magdalen statue on Forster St at about 8.30 this morning - saw Iain Glen who's playing the lead in that scruffy Garda coat 22996_thumb.jpg

It definitely is the second series of the "Jack Taylor" - filming in Woodquay and around the Town Hall Theatre earlier in the week and at the Magdalen statue on Forster St at about 8.30 this morning - saw Iain Glen who's playing the lead in that scruffy Garda coat 22996_thumb.jpg

They do normally have a larger crew, but that sounds right though, one of the episode is about the Magdalen related book.

Advertisement