Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Briquettes, where do you buy yours?

Options
  • 26-11-2010 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭

Anyone been checking out the prices this year?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

I think I saw them in Ballymote some day recently for 3.70 or something like that.

Happened to be in Homebase today and they wanted 4.99 for them! Typical of them and their over charging ways

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

I got a couple of bales at Michael Owens' at Carraroe yesterday and they were €4.40. Sligo Fuels down the quays had bales for €3.99 but they were much smaller bales than usual, plus, they were wrapped in plastic! :rolleyes: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Buy them in NCF, I think they're €3.50 per bale. I get all my solid fuel in NCF because nobody beats them on price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Great, thanks all.

Medicman, did you get sorted for turf? I got a load delivered yesterday, nice stuff for €3 a bag. PM me (anyone) if you want the guys number.

genie wrote: »
    I got a couple of bales at Michael Owens' at Carraroe yesterday and they were €4.40. Sligo Fuels down the quays had bales for €3.99 but they were much smaller bales than usual, plus, they were wrapped in plastic! :rolleyes: :D

You're like me, looking suspiciously at WEIRD briquettes! I don't trust them new fangled yokes.. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 Brite_Cloud

What about the price paid by Mother Earth ?? :(

This article (link below) says that even just digging peat up and using it in your flowerbeds is terrible for the environment. If that's true, then surely burning it must be even worse ??

http://www.kitchengarden.co.uk/news/the-peat-delusion

• Registered Users Posts: 43,894 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Sent you a PM TMB regarding the coal.

Does it burn well?

What about the price paid by Mother Earth ?? :(

This article (link below) says that even just digging peat up and using it in your flowerbeds is terrible for the environment. If that's true, then surely burning it must be even worse ??

http://www.kitchengarden.co.uk/news/the-peat-delusion

AND THEN!!! putting the ashes in landfill. Have you fainted yet?
    basquille wrote: »
    Sent you a PM TMB regarding the coal.

Does it burn well?

Burns lovely. And smells lovely too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

AND THEN!!! putting the ashes in landfill. Have you fainted yet?

We'll burn in hell.. wonder what that'll do for the environment????

Slidey wrote: »
    We'll burn in hell.. wonder what that'll do for the environment????

Our kids won't NEED to buy solid fuel, as our burning souls will heat up the earth. It's win/win really..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

The parents do buy them of a fella in grange i think he calls himself the coal bunker he charges €10 for 3 bales

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Great, thanks all.

Medicman, did you get sorted for turf? I got a load delivered yesterday, nice stuff for €3 a bag. PM me (anyone) if you want the guys number.

Thanks I did actually, being a newbie Bogman I didn't have all the contacts. But I do now:). A local farmer dropped me down a load of top quality turf, he doesn't normally sell it but being a 'local' he made an exception.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Sligored

3 bales briquettes for a tenner in the place at bottom of pearse road - formerly daveys petrol pumps

• Registered Users Posts: 43,894 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Sligored wrote: »
    3 bales briquettes for a tenner in the place at bottom of pearse road - formerly daveys petrol pumps
    Yep, same price for 3 bales of briquettes in the Farm Shop (beside The Food Experience in Wine Street Car Park) who also had 3 big bags of turf for €12.. so picked them up today.

Advertisement