Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

An update from Manchester's favourite son.

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

He's pretty much spot on, and I think anyone who isn't a bitter United fan can see it.

He is correct in what he says, show me where someone actually said he isn't. It's the person that is coming out with it causing the LOLs. Any dope that isn't an ABU can see that he spouts some haype of bollocks in interviews.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

As a united fan, I would hate it if he was still with the club. I couldn't give a ****e who he plays for now. If that's how he feels fair enough.

What i think though is that he should keep his mouth shut and get on with his job. If he wants to retire just ****ing do it.

Unlike Cantona, Tevez is a whingy spoilt brat. No one knew Cantona had retired til he had left the country. That's how you handle yourself. Not complaining about every little thing that bothers you. As Chopper Reid says. Harden the Fcuk Up Carlos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

So when does he finish up summer?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,445 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Hopefully after City he makes good his promise of returning to the Boleyn. Though at that stage we'll probably be in the Championship :(
    Personally I think he's a classy person as well as a player.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Same feelings towards Wazza I take it?
    I think Rooney acted like a prize dick yeah. I was well annoyed with him and I still am.

I find Tevez's moaning even more annoying than Rooney's actions (and that takes some doing) because he's always making out like his life is so fupping hard when really it isn't. Tell ya what Carlos, how about we trade places...

I'm glad too. To think United could've had him leading the line instead of Berbatov. Maybe it's that reality that causes the anger.
    Nah it's definitely the way he whines like a knob that does it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

What did Santa Cruz say then?

basically what tevez said, that tevez was getting sick of football and wanted to go home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

baz2009 wrote: »
    He is correct in what he says, show me where someone actually said he isn't. It's the person that is coming out with it causing the LOLs. Any dope that isn't an ABU can see that he spouts some haype of bollocks in interviews.

Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Why?

Moving from a club with 2 realistic strikers as competition to one which would eventually have about 5 and claiming he wasn't happy at not getting a game. Man the fcuk up and fight for your place rather than bitching and running across the city to get a big pay packet.

baz2009 wrote: »
    Moving from a club with 2 realistic strikers as competition to one which would eventually have about 5 and claiming he wasn't happy at not getting a game. Man the fcuk up and fight for your place rather than bitching and running across the city to get a big pay packet.

He's started 32 games in the PL last season for City, 18 previously with United so he was right to move and look for games. Fight for his place? He did it for the whole season by playing far better then Berbatov but it didn't make much difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I'd say a good few fans thought this headline was about either of the 2 Manchester clubs, before opening the thread.

PS. It it wasn't Manchester, most of us would have been wondering is it our club?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

I don't know whether to have sympathy for Tevez after reading that. He does not appreciate what he has now. Even though he refers to himself as a senior player he is still young. It is a good contrast to a recent interview from God.
    “I wish I was Peter Pan and I could play for ever,” Fowler said. “I wish I was starting my career all over again because it’s a great life.

“It’s the only thing I have ever done. It’s the only thing I ever want to do.

It’s the only thing I ever want to be part of. The day that I do retire will be a very sad day for me.

“I still love playing. I loved playing tonight. I just love football. I am getting paid for a job I love doing and there is no better thing in the world.

“It seems more precious now. I wish I had appreciated it more when I was younger. If I could give a kid starting out any advice it would be ‘enjoy it while you can because it doesn’t last forever’.

“I think if you sat down and spoke to most people and asked them if they would do anything differently, if they were truthful, they would answer ‘yes’.

“You do silly things when you are young and you have to learn from them. You start off and everything’s easy. You turn up at training and everything is done for you. Everything is laid on a plate. So you probably don’t appreciate it.

“It seems like yesterday when I was starting off and the years have just flown by. It won’t be long now and there is going to be a time when I have to retire and I am not looking forward to it.

“Would I play in League One or League Two? Of course I would. Without a shadow of a doubt. The money in the game now, people think they don’t have to play in the lower divisions but that’s not the point for me.

“I don’t need the money but I love the game. I love being around people who are involved in the game, I love the day to day things and I love the match day.

“People don’t want to drop down the divisions because they lose interest but I want to play for as long as I can. You are a long time retired. What are you going to do? There are only so many games of golf you can play.”

Full interview here
    http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Robbie-Fowler-interview-Liverpool-legend-talks-about-his-first-car-early-days-at-Anfield-and-the-possibility-of-playing-in-League-Two-Exclusive-article637619.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

His honesty has to be appreciated IMO. At the end of the day he seems to be just one of many people in the world who are disillusioned with the business in which they operate. His comments remind me of something Benoit Assou Ekotto said about a year ago (http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/may/01/benoit-assou-ekotto-tottenham-hotspur). I think its good to see people admit that football is but a business to them.

As a Liverpool fan this will be considered borderline blasphemy but when you hear someone like Bill Shankly saying "Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that." it kinda pisses me off a bit. Everyone knows he doesn't really believe that, its essentially pure bull****. Its somewhat refreshing to see someone acknowledge football for what it is; a business, a money maker, a form of entertainment, just like the movie industry or x factor (or as i like to call it, the womans premiership).

I admit I do like to see passion in football, it adds to the spectacle, but I think its ridiculous that people are gonna give Tevez dogs abuse for giving an honest summation of his thoughts on the game. The majority of what people involved with the game say nowadays is too hyperbolic and blatantly coated with intention to please their employers and their fans to be taken seriously. An honest interview of this nature should be appreciated and somewhat cherished because it possesses an honesty that is far too rare in the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,434 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

He's started 32 games in the PL last season for City, 18 previously with United so he was right to move and look for games. Fight for his place? He did it for the whole season by playing far better then Berbatov but it didn't make much difference.

Tevez was pure shíte for a lot of that season. He missed soo many clear cut chances and was very wasteful. He was good coming off the bench when players were tired but was just plain worse than he was the previous season. At City he's the big fish though so all is rosy.

Will City show him any loyalty if he goes through a tough spell though? I wouldn't put money on it

Also he played in 51 games that season if I remember correctly, so he had plenty of chances and in the 29/the 38 total league games that he made an appearance in he scored 5, yes 5 goals. Take away the league cup and he scored 9 goals out of 45 appearances that season so don't come with that crap about him being good that season.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

can someone with mad photoshop skills (archi *ahem* archi..) make a tevez emo picture? the flock of seagulls-esque fringe is a must

Jazzy wrote: »
    can someone with mad photoshop skills (archi *ahem* archi..) make a tevez emo picture? the flock of seagulls-esque fringe is a must

Imissargentina.png?t=1290838567

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

lordgoat wrote: »
    As a united fan, I would hate it if he was still with the club. I couldn't give a ****e who he plays for now. If that's how he feels fair enough.

What i think though is that he should keep his mouth shut and get on with his job. If he wants to retire just ****ing do it.

Unlike Cantona, Tevez is a whingy spoilt brat. No one knew Cantona had retired til he had left the country. That's how you handle yourself. Not complaining about every little thing that bothers you. As Chopper Reid says. Harden the Fcuk Up Carlos.

Chopper Reid? Who the fcuk cares what that scumbag has to say?

This is a professional football player not some convicted criminal.

And the United fans can shut up giving out yards about the player too. United had an option on the player and didn't take it up. And you can't blame the man for leaving. He spent a lot of time on the bench at United. He must have felt disrespected not being a regular starter and the option not being taken up to sign him.

As for whats going on with him now. I don't know but it seems he has to listen to younger players giving out yards to him. Adam Johnson comes to mind and it might be the reason he has not been starting regularly.

Personally I hope he gets over it because he is one of the best players in the world. I love watching him play football and as much as I want City to fail this year I will never dislike Carlos Tevez who gives 110% every time he plays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

flahavaj wrote: »
    in many ways fairly disrespectful towards City as well actually.

This.

I can understand city fans defending him to an extent, but ultimately he's crapping on his own team by saying this. I would have expected him to have a long future at City, but that appears not to be the case.

When Rooney expressed his desire to leave United a few months ago, it was seen as a gross betrayal. Surely City fans see this as similar?

The criticism has nothing to do with him being a City player, either. The guy is clearly just a spoilt brat. FFS, 99% of the planet have to toil for just enough of a living to pay the mortgage, if they're lucky, and this guy whinging about the slings and arrows of being a very gifted, and very well paid professional footballer. Unbelieveable!! :confused::eek:

davyjose wrote: »
    This.

I can understand city fans defending him to an extent, but ultimately he's crapping on his own team by saying this. I would have expected him to have a long future at City, but that appears not to be the case.

When Rooney expressed his desire to leave United a few months ago, it was seen as a gross betrayal. Surely City fans see this as similar?

The criticism has nothing to do with him being a City player, either. The guy is clearly just a spoilt brat. FFS, 99% of the planet have to toil for just enough of a living to pay the mortgage, if they're lucky, and this guy whinging about the slings and arrows of being a very gifted, and very well paid professional footballer. Unbelieveable!! :confused::eek:
    I don't think you get it at all.

Its not about money for him and it never was. It about passion and desire and most of the very best players are like that and its why they become better than everybody else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

eagle eye wrote: »
    I don't think you get it at all.

Its not about money for him and it never was. It about passion and desire and most of the very best players are like that and its why they become better than everybody else.

Hang on, you're talking about a guy who wants to quit at the age of 26. I get it completely, eagle eye. The guy has made big money, and suddenly the passion and desire runs out. Coincidence?

Seriously, you seriously think this is anything other than a bad attitude and a bad work ethic?

Hang on, you're talking about a guy who wants to quit at the age of 26. I get it completely, eagle eye. The guy has made big money, and suddenly the passion and desire runs out. Coincidence?

Seriously, you seriously think this is anything other than a bad attitude and a bad work ethic?

It sounds a lot like the symtons of mdd. He says he hasn't gotten over the World Cup yet, he is irked by teammates and he feels he doesn't have the hunger for the game anymore.

This may not be the case but we do know that he was given time off to go home recently so there is a possibility that he is suffering from some sort of depression disorder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

This.

He said wants to play a few more years in europe and then retire. He's 26 now and wants to play "3 or 4 years" before he retires. Its not really that disrespectful to Man City. If he retires at the age of 30 will you consider it disrespectful? Did Cantona disrespect Utd when he retired at the age of 31?

Liam O wrote: »
    Tevez was pure shíte for a lot of that season. He missed soo many clear cut chances and was very wasteful. He was good coming off the bench when players were tired but was just plain worse than he was the previous season. At City he's the big fish though so all is rosy.

Will City show him any loyalty if he goes through a tough spell though? I wouldn't put money on it

Also he played in 51 games that season if I remember correctly, so he had plenty of chances and in the 29/the 38 total league games that he made an appearance in he scored 5, yes 5 goals. Take away the league cup and he scored 9 goals out of 45 appearances that season so don't come with that crap about him being good that season.

He was far better then Berbatov, which is what I said. Berbatov scored 14 goals in 43 appearances and that's with starting 36 games. Add in the work rate Tevez provides and it's not surprising he was pissed off a player nearly every United fan wanted rid of was starting ahead of him.

He said he wants to quit in 3-4 years time. Have you ever watch Tevez play? A bad work ethic is the last thing you could say against him. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

MR NINE wrote: »
    He said wants to play a few more years in europe and then retire. He's 26 now and wants to play "3 or 4 years" before he retires. Its not really that disrespectful to Man City. If he retires at the age of 30 will you consider it disrespectful? Did Cantona disrespect Utd when he retired at the age of 31?

His whinging about how much he is currently suffering and about how he's only motivated by international honours isn't exactly complimantary to City.

Did Cantona come out with absurd reasons to p*ss and moan in the press every 3 months when he was a player??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

His whinging about how much he is currently suffering and about how he's only motivated by international honours isn't exactly complimantary to City.

Did Cantona come out with absurd reasons to p*ss and moan in the press every 3 months when he was a player??

Did Keane?

karma_ wrote: »
    Did Keane?

Did the person I was addressing bring up Keane?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Did the person I was addressing bring up Keane?

No but the point is Keane did make disparaging remarks about his team-mates and the fans, yet he was loved no less by United fans, why should City fans regard Tevez less for his remarks?

karma_ wrote: »
    No but the point is Keane did make disparaging remarks about his team-mates and the fans, yet he was loved no less by United fans, why should City fans regard Tevez less for his remarks?

I never liked Roy Keane as a person tbh, still don't, even though he was a phenomenal player. If Carlos Tevez gives ye half the longevity and service that Keane did at United ye'll have done very well.

Not gonna happen though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Jazzy wrote: »

tevezemo.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

And the United fans can shut up giving out yards about the player too. United had an option on the player and didn't take it up. And you can't blame the man for leaving. He spent a lot of time on the bench at United. He must have felt disrespected not being a regular starter and the option not being taken up to sign him.

As for whats going on with him now. I don't know but it seems he has to listen to younger players giving out yards to him. Adam Johnson comes to mind and it might be the reason he has not been starting regularly.

Personally I hope he gets over it because he is one of the best players in the world. I love watching him play football and as much as I want City to fail this year I will never dislike Carlos Tevez who gives 110% every time he plays.

Tevez must think highly off himself, I don't think he has really earned anything in the game at all to command the sort of respect he is looking for.

His career in England has been tarred with contraversy, shroud and mystery.

He is in my opinion, the biggest diva and mercenary in English football. I disregard his comments completely, because he just isn't a genuine player imo.

His tantrums staying at home, constant whinging and moaning, and now this.

Lad needs to get a grip, he won premier league titles with united which to be fair, in the amount of games he played, his returns were less then desireble , for someone who thinks they are a top striker :/

Hasn't won anything with City, and in fairness I see no problem in young lads having a go, considering his little tantrums and antics missing training and matches to suit himself.

If he was so professional he'd quit his bitching and get on with playing. Maybe work on his first touch as well cos it's terrible for a professional soccer player.

I can't stand watching him play. He just runs around. No dimension to his game, once you get past 70mins he's knackered. I'd take berbatov any day of the week over him.

Also it's impossible to give 110%. The amps don't go up to 11.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭stumpypeeps

If he was so professional he'd quit his bitching and get on with playing. Maybe work on his first touch as well cos it's terrible for a professional soccer player.

I can't stand watching him play. He just runs around. No dimension to his game, once you get past 70mins he's knackered. I'd take berbatov any day of the week over him.

No offence but your analysis of Tevez is horrendous. United fan perhaps?

No offence but your analysis of Tevez is horrendous. United fan perhaps?

Meh, i'm gald he's gone.
    Even more so when he keeps popping up in the press.

Meh, i'm gald he's gone.
    Even more so when he keeps popping up in the press.

His head is all over the place but Man City look rudderless without him. He gets a lot of goals too. Good player. Gotta give him that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

"Today, the young players have no education at all, and I don’t want to listen to them. When I played in Boca, when (Martin) Palermo or (Juan Roman) Riquelme talked, I listened to them. So I don’t want a young player to tell me ‘why did you do that?’ in the dressing-room. I would punch him, as I have won 13 titles in my career.

This is the guy who saw fit to criticise Fergie's tactics after the Champions League final defeat to Barca.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

And the United fans can shut up giving out yards about the player too. United had an option on the player and didn't take it up... He must have felt disrespected not being a regular starter and the option not being taken up to sign him.

Can people stop repeating this myth?

Second person to come out with this in this thread.
    Following contact received from Carlos Tevez’s advisors last night, in advance of the deadline the Club set for concluding negotiations, Manchester United announces that Carlos will not be signing a new contract with the Club.

The Club agreed to pay the option price of £25.5m and offered Carlos a five-year contract which would have made him one of its highest paid players.

Disappointingly however, his advisors informed the Club that, despite the success he has enjoyed during one of the Club’s most successful periods, he does not wish to continue playing for Manchester United.

The Club would like to thank Carlos for his services over the last two seasons and wishes him good luck for the future.

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={f9e570e6-407e-44bc-800f-4a3110258114}&newsid=6634810

#15 wrote: »
    Can people stop repeating this myth?

Second person to come out with this in this thread.

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={f9e570e6-407e-44bc-800f-4a3110258114}&newsid=6634810

Its not a myth. They had to option to sign him before the end of January 2009 and they didn't take it up. At the end of January he could speak to other clubs.

Its not a myth. They had to option to sign him before the end of January 2009 and they didn't take it up. At the end of January he could speak to other clubs.

His form wasn't good enough at that stage to merit a contract offer tbh. People forget he was fairly mediocre all of that season (though he did fill his boots against your lot AFAIR ;)).

Its not a myth.

It is. They offered him a deal. He didn't take it.

Probably due to a lack of opportunities in his final season no?

• Advertisement

Probably due to a lack of opportunities in his final season no?

Definitely. But that's not the point I'm making. Utd offered him a deal, people are saying that they did not.

Will you please quit talking sh1te about them offering him a contract when the season was over and he was already leaving.

I'm talking about them not offering him a deal when they had him all to themselves before anybody else was allowed to speak to him.

Will you please quit talking sh1te about them offering him a contract when the season was over and he was already leaving.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Normally your posts are worth reading but that's a shocker.

Normally your posts are worth reading but that's a shocker.

Dorry to disappoint Xav, i just don't rate him, he drove me crazy in the last season with poor finishing and decision making. And the endless public whinging and putting his hands up to his ears. I don't want to see that from any player. As a city fan what do you think of that article?

I wasn't too upset when Saha left either, the amount of one on one's that guy missed was beyond funny.

Advertisement