Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funding for conference travel...

Options
  • 26-11-2010 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone has any links for places that fund travel to conferences etc., or any creative ideas? I have had a paper accepted to a conference in New Zealand but my scholarship doesn't cover travel, and my department can't afford to fund me. It would be an amazing opportunity, and I'd hate to pass it up. I can part fund some of it myself, especially since I will take holidays down there while I'm at it...

Thanks for any info anyone has!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

It depends on the discipline in which you're working. I've not come across an external body willing to give support for travelling abroad to conferences, unless it came from the conference organisers, the funding body from which you receive your scholarship, or the student's school or department.

Advertisement