If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

37" LED TV

Options
  • 26-11-2010 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

I'm looking for a 37" (yes it has to be 37" due to space restrictions) LED TV with similar specs to the SAMSUNG UE37C6700 and Samsung UE37C6000 LED Models.
    Any Make (Has to look good) that has similar specs such as Internet@TV and Connect Share Movie.
    Have between €800 and €900 to spend but the specs of the TV have to be as high as possible within that budget.

Thanks for your Help
    Kalel

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Kalel

Haver a look at this, the Philips 37PFL7605H
    37PFL7605H_05-IMS-global?wid=430&hei=430&$jpglarge$

and here for full spec -
    http://www.philipsshop.ie/Spec%20Sheets/37pfl7605h_12_pss_eng.pdf

This is a very well specified LED Edgelit LCD TV as you'll see from the spec's

500000:1 Contrast ratio
    100Hz refresh rate
    2ms response time
    Pixel Precise HD Image processing engine
    P-L-E-N-T-Y of connections on board including an ETHERNET port
    NET TV functionality - wires into your Broadband Router (PTA01 Wifi Dongle an option for €49.99 http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/p/pta01_00/pta01_00_pss_eng.pdf)

I have this TV on display so you are welcome to call in and check out this beauty when ever you like.

Its a little over budget at €999.99 (with 5 year warranty) and the PTA01 dongle with WIFI MEDIA CONNECT is €49.99.

You can probably twist my arm on the price......;)

atb
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Kalel

Thanks for getting back to me Ashley.The Spec on the Phillips is great but I like my TV's to be Black (Silly I know)..Would you have anything else with a similar spec and that would come in under the €900 euro mark.

Thanks again for your Time.

Kalel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Nicola on behalf of Ash:

Hey Kalel,

We have the 37PFL8605 but its going to push up your budget a little...

37PFL8605H%20Combi.jpg

Check it out here - http://www.philipsshop.ie/eightseries.htm

This is retailing at €1299.99 in store, I'll pm you a better offer on this.

The only other 37" I have in black is the 37PFL5405H which is not an LED LCD and has no net TV capabilities. However the price is €599.99 instore at the moment. Check it out here - http://www.philipsshop.ie/fiveseries.htm

Anyhow I'll forward you on a pm, Nicola.

You

Thanks for the reply and PM Nicola and even though the specs of that TV are fantastic I can't push out my budget by that amount.

Thanks for all your help,

Kalel

Not dismissing the Phillips shop at all but anyone from the RS shop have anything that might fit my needs..Something along the lines of the Samsung UE37C6700.

I will be buying today or tomorrow at the latest and don't really want to buy from pixm*nia

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kalel

• Advertisement

Sorry couldn't wait any longer...Had to buy from the dreaded Pixmania...I'll be back when I convince herself that we need a new surround sound system to compliment the new TV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi kalel.

The LG 37LE7900 would be about the best that I can think of, that falls within your budget.

This screen is a great LED. 100Hz, MPEG 4 tuner, Freeview HD, 5,000,000:1 contrast, netcast internet access with DLNA support, USB input, DivX HD support, 4 x HDMI and loads more.

This screen is currently £699.95 which would come in at approx 890 Euro including delivery down to you and our usual 10% for 5 year warranty applies also.

Let me know what you think....if you haven't already snapped one up somewhere else.

ATB

Dave

Cheers Dave ...Seems we posted at the same time...Thanks for getting back but yes the lure of a new gadget to play with was too much and I bought one this morning..

Catch ye next time

Kalel

Dave,

<Snip>

Is the offer you posted for the LG 37LE7900 still on the table.

Thanks
    Yours most humbly
    Kalel

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Kalel wrote: »
    Dave,

<Snip>

Is the offer you posted for the LG 37LE7900 still on the table.

Thanks
    Yours most humbly
    Kalel

Kalel,

No need to be Humble - The Customer really is King!

The 37LE7900 - I can do at €879.99 delivered - However I don't have it in stock locally at the moment - if it's ordered before 11.00AM tomorrow I can have it in for Friday 10th (we have quite a few in our main warehouse)

Alternatively if you would like a beauty in a hurry - I have sent you a (far) keener price than the last offer on the beautiful 37PFL8605 to tempt you & we have that in stock ready to roll!

Thanks again,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Sent you a PM John

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hey Kalel.

Not sure if John has got back to you as he has been super busy as of late.

If you could forward me the PM then I can have you looked after ;)

Kenny,
    John did get back to me and Ash took care of the order.

Thanks anyway,
    Kalel

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.