Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work in Melbourne

Options
  • 26-11-2010 12:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

All,
    I'm planning on emmigrating to Australia next year (April/ May). Initially I'd planned to go to Sydney, but circumstances changed and I'm now looking at Melbourne. I'm just wondering what the story is with jobs there (specifically in Quality Engineering areas) and if it's broadly similar to Sydney.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

What VISA are you coming over on? 175 , 176 etc

I would say the two cities are different. I would really need to ask what you would like from a Oz city? Sydney has better beaches and weather. Melbourne has a lot more temperate climate and as a city it vastly more interesting IMO.

Work well as I dont work in your field I cant say but if you know your sh1t and have qualifications and experience I cant see an issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 galway gal

Thanks Zambia.

I'm coming over on a WHV. Have never been to Australia so just looking for a decent job, some sun and a bit of fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Right well your not actually emigrating then. However if you would like to stay Doc gave a very good how to guide here.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055903547

Their are probably better people than me to advise you on what city is more fun. As my idea of fun tends to stop at snags and cold VB's in a back yard. My advice on work still stands.

Advertisement