Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queensrÿche - Operation: Mindcrime

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Indeed, absolute quailty album. Don't bother with Mindcrime 2 though, it's muck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Indeed, absolute quailty album. Don't bother with Mindcrime 2 though, it's muck.

Awww really? I thought anything with Dio playing a guy named Dr. X would be awesome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Cracking 80s metal concept maddess. With Anthony Valentine as Dr X. Cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭MingulayJohnny

Great album , perfect for bus\train journeys. You can really get lost in it. Geoff Tate is a great vocalist. Same with Sabbath's 'The mob rules' , just let it run from start to finish.

Awww really? I thought anything with Dio playing a guy named Dr. X would be awesome!

No not really! One or two okay songs and that's about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭RayCon

Operation Mindcrime is a masterpiece and will forever be in my Top 10 albums of all time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Favourite band, favourite album! Got to see them do Operation Mindcrime 1 & 2 in the O2 Indigo a few years ago. Outstanding gig.
    While 2 obviously doesn't compare to 1, it wasn't bad live I have to say. Regardless of the dodgy content of some of their recent albums, their live gigs are amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

get empire next and enjoy. i have done for years..;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Great album alright. One of those that you have to listen to at one sitting as each track bleeds into the other. Have a live version of this too Operation:Livecrime and tbh the singing and music are just as good as the original.
    Nothing Queensryche did before or after comes close to this album.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Zerroth

Excellent album from start to finish. Singing "Spreading the Disease" while drunk is always fun. Everything by Queensryche as far as empire is awesome. Anything after doesn't interest me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Always loved this album.
    Seen them play in the SFX in 1990 and the set included operation mindcrime in its entirety.
    They havent played here since then, 20 years is way too long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Aye, suppose it was one of the archetypal Rock/Metal concept albums wasn't it. You can hear the influence on many albums but Kamelot's The Black Halo always reminds me of it more so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭RayCon

poundhound wrote: »
    Always loved this album.
    Seen them play in the SFX in 1990 and the set included operation mindcrime in its entirety.

Ditto ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

great album , great band.
    They finished for me when Chris De Garmo left.
    All the albums up till then were great.
    Never got to see them live though:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Longchamp

poundhound wrote: »
    Always loved this album.
    was at that gig me self really good that night still listen to the album regularly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Part 2 is awful, best to skip it and buy Empire or their most recent album, American Soldier which is quite good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Yeah fantastic album. I have it on vinyl and cd.

Saw them live in the SFX in 1984 with Accept. What a gig that was.

Edit: actually not too sure it was Accept that played with them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Kess73 wrote: »
    Part 2 is awful, best to skip it and buy Empire or their most recent album, American Soldier which is quite good.

God, American Soldier is the only album by them I just can't listen to at all. Some of the others aren't great, but I just hate American Soldier & hope they don't play too much of it the next time I see them!

Very jealous of you all that got to see them in Ireland, was only 13 when they played here & only got into them when I was 16! I only saw them for the 1st time in 2000, so a long wait, but definitely worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 HomeBrewPlease

adox wrote: »
    Yeah fantastic album. I have it on vinyl and cd.

Saw them live in the SFX in 1984 with Accept. What a gig that was.

Edit: actually not too sure it was Accept that played with them?

Saw them back around then in the SFX supporting Dio. Would that have been the gig?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Saw them back around then in the SFX supporting Dio. Would that have been the gig?

Ah yeah I think you're right.
    It was Dokken I saw supporting Accept in the same venue, probably around 86.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Just bought this the other day, and soon after "acquired" the live version. Simply epic.

Is Empire as good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Easily my favourite Queensryche album; just superior on so many levels and truly a masterpiece. The live version they released is just so awesome too.

''Empire'' is also a very superior album, and well worth a look. Unfortunately after this album, things slid downhill rapidly and never truly recovered.

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    Is Empire as good?

Decent enough!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I loved Empire I have to say, now it sounds very 80s indeed. That decade has proved to be a rather cruel one for hard rock in terms of production technique.

Advertisement