Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gift for New Mother

• 26-11-2010 1:09pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hi

My wife gave birth to our son 5 months ago and she has been an absolute star all the while as I'm sure every new mother is.

I want to get her something that shows her how special she is to me and our son. I am no good at this present business so I've come here for a few ideas. I want to give it to her at Xmas so I have a little while to get something. I don't want a night away or anything like that as the three of us are going away for a few nights over Xmas so something else would be nice.

Has anyone any ideas what I could get her? Or where I could post this to get more ideas?

Thanks a mill

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

what about a little locket with pic's of baby in it. Its hard to choose for something else but I think something nice that she can look back on in years to come would be nice

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 100 ✭✭hcnyla

It's a nice idea but I'm a photographer so she has literally millions of photos of him!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭rylie

How about a charm with your sons fingerprint. I got a gift of one and it's beyond special to me:

www.pinkyprints.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Elle13

rylie wrote: »
    How about a charm with your sons fingerprint. I got a gift of one and it's beyond special to me:

www.pinkyprints.ie

Hi Rylie,

what a great idea.. I am thinking to get the cufflinks done for my OH for Xmas... just emailed them but dont think they will be able to make them in time for Xmas...
    Thanks for the idea! Love it! :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

A nice piece of jewellery is always a good way to mark an occasion,maybe get it engraved with your sons dob.
    I got my hubby a lovely watch when our little girl was born to mark the occasion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 208 ✭✭ladyella

Im getting a bracelet with a handprint as my Xmas gift from my new son. My other half used jewellery tree and said they were good to deal with. I couldnt have asked for something better. Its a special gift that will last forever (or at least until baby teeth kick in!)
    http://www.thejewellerytree.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Elle Collins

That's so thoughtful of you OP! It's really sweet. :) I think it'd be best to ask her sisters or close friends what she'd really like. Women have a habit of mentioning their favourite jewellery and things like that to each other, so her sisters or close friends would be the best source of info there - as long as they can be trusted to keep a secret!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

You sound like a great guy OP. A lovely thought.
    When I became a mum last year I have to admit I was sick of everything being about the baby, so while some of the ideas here are nice, I would have loved something that was for me - with no mention of baby! A little something that reminded me that I have an identity in my own right. My hubby booked a lovely trip to London for the 2 of us and I enjoyed every minute of it. I know that's not what you are looking for but I just wanted to show what I meant by something for her, that doesn't included the baby.

Maybe some shopping vouchers from a number of her favourite shops? Then take the baby for a day while she spends the day with her friends - out shopping and being herself. I got this as a pressie from my hubby (long before baba came along) and I loved it because I would never have gone out and spent money on myself like that.
    Good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 359 ✭✭Chickus

I know someone who recieved an eternity ring from her husband, it is so beautiful..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭Terpsichore

Take care or organise baby sitting for a day and:

-send your wife to a spa. Body treatments, massages...

-Send your wife to the hairdressers for the full monty: hair cut, blow dry, make up. And then take her out to a fancy restaurant/ or is there anything nice played at the National Concert Hall these days?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

Y

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 100 ✭✭hcnyla

Thanks for all the suggestions. I went for the fingerprint in the necklace in the end so hopefully I'll get it delivered before Xmas. Thanks again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Lovely idea, I got the same for my best friend for Christmas I think they're gorgeous & so unique!

Advertisement