Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

cant connect to vodafone router thru ethernet

• 26-11-2010 1:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭

I, cant connect to xbox live, i test connection, it says router wont provide ip adress to xbox.ITS a vodafone router installed in 2009.
    i rang vodafone.They dont provide support for consoles.HAS any one has any info or advice.I have all passwords knocked off on the router.
    DO I NEED to set up a whitre list to provide acess ,to the consoles mac adress on the router.i,m using an ethernet cable from the router to the xbox.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

try another cable...
    if it was wireless I'd say it could be router related but via ethernet it's more than likely the cable or your xbox ethernet port..
    also if you can try it on a laptop or desktop and see if this assigns a ip to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

i,m using cable for my laptop,right now, the cables ok, can i set up, mac adress , ip address ,subnet mask,on console,anyone else out there using vodaphone,bb thru ethernet,theres 3 pcs working off the modem,2 on wifi wireless.security password is off.

have you dhcp enabled on your router?
    If it's disabled you'll need to enter an ip/dns/gateway etc for your xbox.

have a look at the link below and you should be able to do the above for your xbox.

http://rogerdickeyjr.com/how-to-setup-your-router-for-xbox-360-natport-forwarding-part-2/

ignore the port forwarding for the moment...just follow the ip/dns/gateway setup for your xbox..
    once you get online then you can worry about NAT settings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

ricman wrote: »
    I, cant connect to xbox live, i test connection, it says router wont provide ip adress to xbox.ITS a vodafone router installed in 2009.
    i rang vodafone.They dont provide support for consoles.HAS any one has any info or advice.I have all passwords knocked off on the router.
    DO I NEED to set up a whitre list to provide acess ,to the consoles mac adress on the router.i,m using an ethernet cable from the router to the xbox.

Check if there is any other device on the network with an ipaddress of 192.168.1.7
    I tried to connect up an xbox for someone and couldn't as the xbox requests that address rather than just taking any ipaddress from the dhcp. Took me a long time to figure that one out.

how do i enable, dhcp, on the huawei vodafone modem?
    i,m using,192169.1.1..3 ip adress for 1 pc right now. on wifi.support,says dhcp is on by default, its probably the nat settings ,need to be setup.

• Advertisement

have you the gateway ip,and the subnet mask,ip , so i can put them in on the console network settings.

I reset everything to factory settings ,network settings,default settings, and it connected to xbox live in ten seconds, im using a powerline ethernet plug, as the router is too far away to run a direct cable,to the console,
    So its working fine now.i presume its all on automatic ,dns, ip,settings etc

ricman wrote: »
    I reset everything to factory settings ,network settings,default settings, and it connected to xbox live in ten seconds, im using a powerline ethernet plug, as the router is too far away to run a direct cable,to the console,
    So its working fine now.i presume its all on automatic ,dns, ip,settings etc

yep..it will default back to automatc dhcp, dsn etc..
    if you need to set your xbox nat to open you'd need to assign an ip address to it..
    but that's really only for hosting games..I've never had a problem with mine connecting to games over the net

Advertisement