Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A good cheap printer anyone?

Options
  • 26-11-2010 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am looking for a good quality colour printer for a friend of mine. It does not need to be a photo printer and I do not need scanner/fax functionality etc. I am looking for one that will not eat through cartridges that will cost a fortune to buy. My max budget is €150 but was thinking of something below €100. Has anyone bought a good printer recently that they would recommend.

Thanks in advance :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭newspower

Brother are a great printer and the Ink not too expensive. Try the Brother DCP-385. It is a multi function Printer but just the basic inkjets are dearer for some reason. They are an ideal entry level printer.
    http://www.lasertechgroup.com/uk/Brother-DCP-385-p-74006.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I'm also looking for a printer.

Currently we have a Brother MFC-680CN and it has given us so much trouble. Never again would I purchase a Brother printer (granted this printer was a replacement for an Epson printer, which never gave any trouble, it's just have up after years of wear and tear) and I certainly wouldn't recommend a Brother printer.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Jake The Fat Ma

I just bought an Advent printer from pc world for €75. I think its there own brand but its made by Kodac. its workin great so far. there is scanner on it and a small lcd panel

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭newspower

I have a Brother Black Laser printer and a Brother coloured Inkjet in my home office and they are great printers in comparrison to my previous HP2600N and an epson C66 which gave me a ton of grief. So its hard to mark one company who make printers as standing out as the best. A friend had a Kodac printer but had to get rid of it as the Ink was working out way too expensive. If anyone looking for a Printer can get away without colour I would really recommend the Brother HL2170W laser printer. It works out a hell of a lot cheaper than an inkjet.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 kuchma2000

I would suggest Canon MX350 Wireless All In One Colour Printer from ARGOS
    926/1307.
    "...The Canon MX350 wireless all in one colour printer offers a vast array of capabilities with its built-in inkjet colour printer, scanner, photocopier and fax machine..."
    Also if you buy CISS (Continuous Ink Supply System) suitable for this model, then you can save a lot as it not require to buy those expensive branded cartridges. The CISS is Self-assembly device and takes about 20-300 minutes to do (I did the same for mine MP250).

CLICK HERE to see how it looks, also you can check on youtube for video of how it works
    livEwirE wrote: »
    Hi all,

I am looking for a good quality colour printer for a friend of mine. It does not need to be a photo printer and I do not need scanner/fax functionality etc. I am looking for one that will not eat through cartridges that will cost a fortune to buy. My max budget is €150 but was thinking of something below €100. Has anyone bought a good printer recently that they would recommend.

Thanks in advance :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Choclolate

This seems a good deal in PC World.

But the ink is the real important one, doesnt matter about the cost of the printer its all about the ink.

Is there a spec for ink usage?

http://www.pcworld.ie/Product/HP-Deskjet-3050-Wireless-Multifunction-Inkjet-Printer/297056/315

http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20101209.p.All-in-One_Wireless_Printer

Lidl €20 more expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

cheers for all the feedback guys!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭colm21

iwould recommend a canon possibly a pixma series as they are good quality printers and are pretty well prices not too expensive to buy. :D

• Site Banned Posts: 328 ✭✭michelledoh

Are you a printer expert Colm?!

Advertisement