Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on buying a winter running gillet

Options
  • 26-11-2010 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭

hi all,
    Looking for some advice on buying a winter running gillet.

I don't know know whether to buy a thin one that is just water proof and wind resistance or something with a bit more padding.

I don't get that cold running, even in Winter but I'm not sure how much insulation the thin ones offer.

I have seen some nice looking Ron Hills ones for a good price on wiggle.
    So far, my research is online, so I probably need to go to a proper shop and try some out.

Can anyone recommend a good gillet, and where can I go in the Dublin area that would have a good range for me to look at

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

I would be more inclined to go with a jacket like this one from Nike. I've had one for a couple of years and my flatmate has one as well and we both find them great. It's not specifically a gilet, but the sleeves are quickly removable to make it one. It's a tidy fit with good sized pockets for keys etc.

As for the weight of the jacket, I'd go for a thin one which gives some rain and wind protection rather than a fully waterproof and padded jacket. If you need more warmth then layer up underneath the jacket, this makes the jacket much more flexible for use later in the year as well.

In the Dublin area you should be able to find this model (possibly in different colours) or similar jackets in all the usual running stores - Runways, Amphibian King, Arnotts (small selection) and Elvery's (again, small selection).

Advertisement