Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Market - Fitzwilliam square

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭managerman

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    I went to the Fitz one on Saturday afternoon. No one there, no atmosphere, no music, nothing. A few food stalls. Wasn't expecting much but still. Just depressing! Avoid!

a bit negative there, dont ya think! at least some people are making the effort to ride out this christmas period with a bit of festive cheer..!!! give it a chance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    I went to the Fitz one on Saturday afternoon. No one there, no atmosphere, no music, nothing. A few food stalls. Wasn't expecting much but still. Just depressing! Avoid!

What time were you there, BraziliaNZ? Drove past at aout 3pm on Sunday and the place was mobbed (or appeared to be from outside anyway- loads of people with young kids heading in) and couldn't get parking so abandoned that attempt and went back at about 6pm and it wasy very quiet.

It was lovely for a wander around but not something I've have paid to go to. The mulled wine was nice (extremely hot) and the little roasted potatoes from the Barracuda stand doing the BBQ pork were gorgeous. Would head back in just to have those again. Though it was open til 9pm, a lot of the stall were closing while we were there (6pm to 7pm-ish). Didn't see much in the way of items to buy. Did get a nice pair of slippers for myself which I'm delighted with.

All in all, nice for a little traipse around if you're in the area and the food is good but wouldn't go out of my way to get there. Must check out the IFSC one at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

enda1 wrote: »
    Cheers. I ask cause I'm flying back at the weekend and would like to try out one of the markets. €3 is getting reasonable (considering our excise on wine) and costs of operation...

We all agree the IFSC one is nicer?

Anyone a good recommendation for food there? I'm talking good quality and tasty! Sausages, flamenkuchen, burgers, whatever as long as its good food.
    IIRC there are 2 places to get brats of different types (onions are extra, but advised), there are a few sweet stalls, a place to get fresh chips and something else I can't remember.

If you want to beat the cold, I recommend popping into Ely CHQ for a drink and lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

+1 for Ely CHQ!

Advertisement