Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to dispose of old furnuture?

Options
  • 26-11-2010 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭

I'm cleaning out my Mothers house tomorrow and I'll no doubt end up with a trailer loaded with a couch, chairs, all that sort of stuff. Up to my tonsils with work today and dont have time to phone around, but maybe someone might know where I could trailer the stuff to tomorrow that would accept that sort of stuff?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

City Dump i say and will be costly to get rid of there.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭dextero

Get some photos of the things up on jumbletown.ie and say they need to go tomorrow. I always find this site great.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Jesus no, the couches are wrecked, seats have collapsed into them, and have been in the garage as storage for car parts for the last year. Wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭dextero

What about a skip?

Don't have time, plus having a skip there over the weekend will attract a certain community element which I don't want around my elderly mothers house. I've the use of a trailer, which is what I'm going to use. Will most likely hit the city dump so tomorrow, thanks guys!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

If you have only a small bit of time then there is a recycling centre down East Cork that would take all that stuff, PM me if you want directions as its a gem of place.

Rafeen creek just beyond monkstown is a good bit cheaper than the city dump

Ended up hitting the city dump (Which is open until 12:45 on a saturday in case anyone google's this thread). Guys there were really friendly, charged me the standard single axle trailer rate of 70 euro even though it was a twin axle car transporter. They'd even a special area for furniture/matresses.

Thanks for all the suggestions lads, really appreciate it. If I'd more time, I'd have gone wandering for the other ones, but I'd a car to collect and a gig to play for and bugger all hours in the day to do everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Mahon seems to be a popular spot for some folks nowadays.

Advertisement