Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sean O'Rourke

• 26-11-2010 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭

Just let Mary Coughlan away with a FF party political broadcast there without pulling her up once on any of the drivel she was spewing.

"We have done a lot of good work in Donegal SW the past couple of years" :eek:....oh really? Is that why your vote has plummeted today?? But for some reason, not pulled up on it by Seanie.

I'm no fan of labour but the attack yesterday by O'Rourke was vitriolic in its tone and content.

I dunno, maybe I'm paranoid about this whole pravda/RTE thing but this Coughlan interview really p*ssed me off.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

I was just about to ask why would it be in RTE's interest to be bias towards a political party that is going to be out of office in a couple of months, but then I remembered reading that, in the upcoming budget, the Government was considering no longer paying RTE for OAP's TV licences. Which would cost RTE 55 million euros. So maybe there is something in this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

I didn't hear the News at One today but I think Sean O'Rourke is one of the best presenters in RTÉ.

Its certainly not like him to let someone like Mary Coughlan away with anything but I suspect the reason he did this is because he realises that she and her party are a spent force, and there is nothing to be gained from listening to the waffle they spiel anymore.

Gilmore on the other hand has ambitions to run this country and therefore I think yesterdays interview was totally justified. Its true that O'Rourke pulled a trancept from the Late Late Show out of nowhere, but if anything, this illustrated the difference between what Gilmore was saying only a fortnight ago.

The Labour leader is notoriously vague about his policies for government and I can't blame O'Rourke for trying to expose this on yesterdays programme.

If Gilmore wants to become Taoiseach, he can expect much tougher interviews ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Lapin wrote: »
    I didn't hear the News at One today but I think Sean O'Rourke is one of the best presenters in RTÉ.

The Labour leader is notoriously vague about his policies for government and I can't blame O'Rourke for trying to expose this on yesterdays programme.

Agreed Gilmore's waffle has to be exposed but with an election coming up and the lack of warranted questioning of the present government, voters may be swayed by the attacks on the opposition whilst nothing coming the other way.

I have no faith in the Irish electorate in doing the right thing. Just look at the vote counts in Donegal. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

this is what he said to him yesterday about been vague. i heard the interview yesterday and it wasnt anything out of the ordinary. he only played him what he said on tv, nothing more. actually in this instance he was kind of twisting gilmore's words a bit though. gilmore said he wouldnt go back as a whole and promise to change things but may look at certain aspects like the minimum wage.

Advertisement