Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coriander Root

Options
  • 26-11-2010 2:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where i could pick up some Coriander Root. Bought a new thai cook book and every second recipe needs it :rolleyes:
    Tried the asian C&C in cork and no luck.

Thanks
    Clohane

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Curry Addict

some asian shops sell their bunches of coriander leaf with roots on. i usually cut the roots off and wash and freeze them. otherwise ive never seen coriander root sold here in any other form.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,048 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Yes, as said, look for fresh coriander with roots attached.
    Apart from the C&C on Tramore road, also try Jia Jia on Cornmarket Street and there is another Asian store on the way to Blackpool.

Indian shops usually have coriander too - try Aisha's on Shandon Street, the new one on Bridge St, newish one on Drawbridge St. and The Spice Mart on North main St.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

Any good fruit & veg. shop should stock a range of fresh herbs IMO.

Mine sells packs of all different types. I've also seen them selling large bunches to restaurants.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

You could also use the fatter stalk at the end of the coriander stems, it has the same flavour as the root I've found.

Advertisement