Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

warning about gunclub insurance

Options
  • 26-11-2010 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭

lads i'd just like to advise ye all to check up with the nargc to make sure your insured, just found out yesterday that i'm not as someone in our gun club decided to pocket the money, only 20 memberships were renewed out of the 50 or so that were members last year, one of which is my father who's membership was coincedently paid for with the same cheque as mine:mad: a lad in the club got injured and tore all the back of his leg in the last few weeks and checked up to see could he claim anything as he was out of work as a resultand then was informed that his membership was not renewed even though he had paid our gunclub

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

NARGC issue a membership/insurance card without it physically in your possession you shouldn't be out shooting.

If you have the card you & the landowner, if they want to see it, will know you have insurance.

Harsh lesson learned by injured lad.

Good warning to others though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

why didnt the lads that paid ask for their cards, no one in our club is meant to shoot without nargc card and club card, incase a farmer whats to see them

bad fcuker to do that to the club

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭lamper35

another crackin example of a well run gun club

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

do you have to be a member of IFA to get that tackleberry? another 20 names were paid for today but don't know if i'm one of them, will have to ring next week to find out
    does anybody else offer insurance and how much does it cost

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭rugerman

who ever done that keepin the insurance money would want to be very well insured if he kept my money wink wink

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

I'm treasurer in my Club and I pay the insurance a soon as I get the money in, I have to otherwise I'ld be liable if there was an accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭touchyie

i'm treasurer in our club and when i took the job it was on the understanding that last pay their fees incl insurance 2 weeks before its due to expire. if they dont then the club doesnt insure them, for years lads came in dribs and drabs, when they heard this it focused the minds, the only exception is new members and if a member fails to pay on time they have a penalty to pay before they are exceptas as a member, after all it is only fair considering the work that is involved and its all voluntary, everybody knows when the insurance is due as its the same time each year,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

we were told when to pay ours and we paid it on time, i cant even remember when we paid it as it was about a month or 2 ago, if not longer, only way we found out we weren't insured is one of the guys got injured and looked into it,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

ormondprop wrote: »
    do you have to be a member of IFA to get that tackleberry? another 20 names were paid for today but don't know if i'm one of them, will have to ring next week to find out
    does anybody else offer insurance and how much does it cost

Nope
    And I saved a fortune on Vodafone phone bills and €35 off FBD insurance!!

As well as having an IFA card to show Farmers, as "most" farmers are either in; or have heard of, The IFA ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭sikastag

That really is a shame, the actual act and sheer negligence of holding the money like that is inexcusable. Bad enough people have been treated with complete disrespect but it also compromises the integrity of the club whilst no doubt creating a bad atmosphere. If your membership fees are anything like ours, judging by the figures youve posted the individual in question really abused the position. Feel bad for the lad who got injured, but as allready posted by others, that little card is essential. Hope the issue gets resolved as soon as possible and ye can focus on enjoying your sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

A receipt for payment from the(NARGC receipt book) should be issued when the money is handed in by the club treasurer or soon after. The NARGC membership cardshould be given to as soon as it is returned. Our club also has a membership card.

Trust is everything

Advertisement