Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MajorGaming.eu's Minecraft Server

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭JustAidan

Sounds good. Then he can fix the paintings problem (damn it my gallery is nearly finished) and then add more stuff; like finishing the tech-trees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

New update is out:
    The client version is now 1.2.4
    The server version is now 0.2.6 (mandatory update, there’s been protocol changes)

Bug fix list:

* Swords and other weapons now deal damage properly
    * Added proper hurt animations and sounds to mobs and players
    * Fixed dead players logging in as invisible ghosts
    * Made arrows visible and deal damage
    * Hoes now produce proper seeds
    * Creepers make noises and animate before exploding
    * Explosions animate properly
    * No more infinite free arrows
    * Server logging now appends to server.log rather than overwriting it
    * Buttons and levers (and a few other blocks probably, it’s a general solution) animate properly
    * Fixed minecarts (and pigs!) moving twice as fast as they should when ridden.
    * The join server screen now remembers the last entered ip
    * Increased chunk saving frequency on the server
    * Leaving sneak mode no longer triggers a million sounds
    * You can now see sneaking players
    * Names of sneaking players aren’t visible through walls, and are visible a much shorter distance
    * Snowballs!!

http://notch.tumblr.com/post/2050336602/bug-update-3

Server has been updated to 0.2.6, I'll start checking to see how it works with the Hey0 mod, if it works ok, I'll enable the mod tonight or tomorrow.

Edit:
    [edit:]

Server 0.2.6_01 no longer gives everyone 64 snowballs on connecting

Server updated to 0.2.6_01 :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,311 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Was connected, but then it timed out :(

Now it's not connecting, only timing out.
    LoL. Was wondering wtf they were.

the_syco wrote: »
    Was connected, but then it timed out :(

Now it's not connecting, only timing out.
    LoL. Was wondering wtf they were.
    Sorry about that, try connecting again. You joined just as I had to take it down again to update the server to 0.2.6_01 ;)

Timed out again. I think I received two separate updates.

Version 1.2.4_01

Edit: Yep, its a 2nd server and client update right after the first.

Edit2: Lol from Notch's post:

"Server 0.2.6_02 and client 1.2.4_01 now spawn other monsters than ONLY CREEPERS EVERYWHERE"

cian1500ww wrote: »
    Sorry about that, try connecting again. You joined just as I had to take it down again to update the server to 0.2.6_01 ;)
    Still not connecting. Tries to connect for 59 seconds, and then times out :(

Still not connecting. Tries to connect for 59 seconds, and then times out :(

Yah, we are client 1.2.4_01 automatically and Cian needs to update a 2nd time to server 0.2.6_02.

Edit: Of course we could go in now and be swarmed by creepers :(

JustAidan wrote: »
    Timed out again. I think I received two separate updates.

Version 1.2.4_01

Edit: Yep, its a 2nd server and client update right after the first.

Edit2: Lol from Notch's post:

"Server 0.2.6_02 and client 1.2.4_01 now spawn other monsters than ONLY CREEPERS EVERYWHERE"
    Server updated to 0.2.6_02

This could go on all night :o

Works. Thanks :D

• Advertisement

Lol

Edit: Still timing out. Wonder what it could be.

Lol

Edit: Still timing out. Wonder what it could be.
    Weird, there's three people online at the moment, perhaps try restarting your client??

Edit: Wait don't bother, no ones online, new bug. Looks like we need a 0.2.6_03 :(

Odd, still timing out.

hmm

Edit: going to try deleting all the .minecraft stuff in the application data

Odd, still timing out.

hmm

Edit: going to try deleting all the .minecraft stuff in the application data
    Check my previous post, bug with the server software by the looks of things.

Grrrr...

Got in @ 18:56, fell from a great height, respawned, went back, collected most of the stuff, and then glitched midway through the collection, and couldn't collect any more. Gah. Luckily I had stored most of the valuable stuff in a chest :pac:

/edit
    Timing out again :(

Grrrr...

Got in @ 18:56, fell from a great height, respawned, went back, collected most of the stuff, and then glitched midway through the collection, and couldn't collect any more. Gah. Luckily I had stored most of the valuable stuff in a chest :pac:
    Yeah, it's a weird bug, happens a short while after server start. Notch said he was gonna check what bugs came up for a while then go home so I'm hoping he's seen this one before heading home!! :eek:

• Advertisement

Ah right then.

Minecraft must have the largest playtesting group in history.:rolleyes:
    Yeah, it's a weird bug, happens a short while after server start. Notch said he was gonna check what bugs came up for a while then go home so I'm hoping he's seen this one before heading home!!

.......NOoOoooOO

I tell you something doesn't want my building finished. I hope paintings work now, then I can finish the library, the reading room and the gallery. The secret (oops) room is done as is the living area. Just need some equipment for storage and to wire up the building a bit.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

God damn been nearly a week since i've played properly. Went to play, timing out :(

Hey Cian, could you send a copy of the world data to me?

Was going to run it through Cartograph to locate some dungeons. I haven't found any at all. Dungeons are 4x4x4 rooms with a mob spawner and chests with loot which can be anywhere underground.

That and I wanted to mark off where people are building so I can go have a look-see.

Edit: E-mail address is Aidan.Fagan.Murphy@gmail.com

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,036 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I found a dungeon in my tunnel. The monster spawner is still there surrounded by candles. It's in a detour I took after my furnaces were I found a massive cave.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

"Failed to connect to the server"

• Advertisement

I wouldn't mind getting my hands on this also if possible.

God damn been nearly a week since i've played properly. Went to play, timing out :(
    Tell me about it, haven't had a chance to play it properly since the weekend and only started work on something a few hours ago and now I can't play :(

Was going to run it through Cartograph to locate some dungeons. I haven't found any at all. Dungeons are 4x4x4 rooms with a mob spawner and chests with loot which can be anywhere underground.

That and I wanted to mark off where people are building so I can go have a look-see.

Sure, the folder is quite large though, not sure exactly what size but the number of files go into the ten's of thousands so downloading it on my mobile connection isn't an option but I'll give it a whack tomorrow in college.
    I looked at Cartographer and could only find a version for windows, I was hoping there might be a command line version for linux, do you if they made one??
    Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I found a dungeon in my tunnel. The monster spawner is still there surrounded by castles. It's in a detour I took after my furnaces were I found a massive cave.
    Is that the tunnel behind your Megaman statue which is pretty awesome I might add!! :D

I found a dungeon in my tunnel. The monster spawner is still there surrounded by castles. It's in a detour I took after my furnaces were I found a massive cave.

Where abouts was it? Which monster spawned? Did you loot the chests and if so did you find any records or pig saddles :)?

Fyi to anyone who doesn't know; the spawner can work through walls provided its dark enough.

I was going to put up a map of the currently generated world and mark where I am, then do it for others. Would make it easy to see where there is space and to plan possible train systems :D

Ponster wrote: »
    "Failed to connect to the server"
    Server's down due to a bug with the latest update, check the comments here: http://notch.tumblr.com/post/2050336602/bug-update-3#disqus_thread
    I wouldn't mind getting my hands on this also if possible.
    Sure, as I said to Just_Aidan it's quite large so I'll try downloading it tomorrow. What's your email?? PM it if you want.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,036 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Is that the tunnel behind your Megaman statue which is pretty awesome I might add!! :D

Yeah that's the one.
    Where abouts was it? Which monster spawned? Did you loot the chests and if so did you find any records or pig saddles :)?

Behind my megaman statue there's two tunnels. The one with the retr0's gaff sign is my place. Zombies and arrow skeletons spawned out of it I think, mostly zombies. You might have a hard time looking for the spawner, it's agood bit down. Nothing remarkable in the chest when I looted it, some iron, some blocks and some string and an iron bucket.

and to plan possible train systems :D

Damn you stealing my ideas ! :p

This server is up and running if anyone is hungry to check out bug fixes :

Vaquxine.sytes.net

Server's down due to a bug with the latest update, check the comments here: http://notch.tumblr.com/post/2050336602/bug-update-3#disqus_thread

Sure, as I said to Just_Aidan it's quite large so I'll try downloading it tomorrow. What's your email?? PM it if you want.

Sweet thanks!

Edit: Plus if something goes pear-shaped then we have a back-up.
    Yeah that's the one.

Behind my megaman statue there's two tunnels. The one with the retr0's gaff sign is my place. Zombies and arrow skeletons spawned out of it I think, mostly zombies. You might have a hard time looking for the spawner, it's agood bit down. Nothing remarkable in the chest when I looted it, some iron, some blocks and some string and an iron bucket.

Ah shame that, there should be anywhere from 10-20 dungeons over the area we currently all are. Actually I might be conservative given the size of the world, hmmm could be up past 50 if people have explored a lot, hence generating more terrain.
    Damn you stealing my ideas !

Considering the size of this endeavor, the amount of iron we will need, mountains to tunnel through, bridges to build, anti-monster precautions, redstone switching tracks and the fact we get murdered by night we may need to co-ordinate :).

Hey0 doesn't work with 0.2.6 either, looks like it'll be another day or two before I can start using it on the server.

Hey0 doesn't work with 0.2.6 either, looks like it'll be another day or two before I can start using it on the server.

And by that time two more patches will be out :D

• Advertisement

Just restarted the server and it seems to be working, no errors yet anyway.

Cool. Must make more candles, and light up my mines better - dislike looking forward, and seeing a dark abyss.

Oh, and found this: http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Crafting VERY handy :D

Cool. Must make more candles, and light up my mines better - dislike looking forward, and seeing a dark abyss.

I got disconnected earlier, sorry about that!! I'm not very good backup... :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

My connection keeps timing out this morning. The status script tells me it's up though.

Sorry Syco, thought everyone knew about that :).

It has some great sections on redstone mechanisms (electrical engineers should have no problem at all:D).

Since you may not know; mobs can only spawn at certain light levels, think it's at least four blocks from a torch, so dark tunnels can be very dangerous. With no enough light you could be bombermaned by creepers before you know it.

oeb wrote: »
    My connection keeps timing out this morning. The status script tells me it's up though.
    Crashed at 12:30am when no-one was online. Hopefully Notch sorts this ASAP,it's much worse than the memory leak error!!

Should be back online now, for how long, I don't know :(

Edit: Here's the bug on the official bug tracker- http://getsatisfaction.com/mojang/topics/server_crashes_since_0_2_6_02_update

Sorry Syco, thought everyone knew about that :).

I think we could maybe do with a thread on 'tips & tricks' for some of the newer players (myself included!)

If I find myself without a compass for example, knowing that the clouds always blow north makes it easier to orientate myself. The person who told me this told me that "everyone knew" :p

Crashed again, restarting now.

I think we could maybe do with a thread on 'tips & tricks' for some of the newer players (myself included!)

If I find myself without a compass for example, knowing that the clouds always blow north makes it easier to orientate myself. The person who told me this told me that "everyone knew" :p

Wait! Clouds always blow north?

Well that's news to me. Anyway I always plant torches when I travel, so there is an easily followable route with no immediate monster spawns near it.

• Advertisement

Crashed again, restarting now.

And crashed again. I think if you have to manually restart then don't bother until this thing is fixed.

And crashed again. I think if you have to manually restart then don't bother until this thing is fixed.
    Restarted again, I don't mind because I can keep an eye on it while I get some other work done. Hopefully it'll be sorted today.

The new version of Hey0 is out and works perfect, no point enabling it yet until Notch releases a new version of the server client with a fix for this bug.

*sigh* before the last restart I was out exploring and hid myself in a tunnel at night. After the restart I find myself where I had been 2 minutes earlier i.e. in the middle of nowhere surrounded by zombies/creepers. Time to make some new stuff !

*sigh* before the last restart I was out exploring and hid myself in a tunnel at night. After the restart I find myself where I had been 2 minutes earlier i.e. in the middle of nowhere surrounded by zombies/creepers. Time to make some new stuff !
    Sorry!! I'll try and do a save before each restart but I'm not sure if it save's properly after the bug happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

im having problems... with my client it seems.

everytime i try to join any server it crashes the client. It simply closes after i ress connect. ive redownloaded and all and its still doing the same thing.

any ideas?

Korvanica wrote: »
    im having problems... with my client it seems.

everytime i try to join any server it crashes the client. It simply closes after i ress connect. ive redownloaded and all and its still doing the same thing.

any ideas?
    Try the in-browser version: http://minecraft.net/game/

• Advertisement

Sorry!! I'll try and do a save before each restart but I'm not sure if it save's properly after the bug happens.

Far from your fault :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Tried the browser version too... opened the Java console while logging in...

when i press connect the console says "Player is null" and then minecraft whitescrens and the java console closes...

:(

Korvanica wrote: »
    Tried the browser version too... opened the Java console while logging in...

when i press connect the console says "Player is null" and then minecraft whitescrens and the java console closes...

:(
    That's very weird, it's possible that maybe something has gone wrong with the Java Runtime Enviroment on your computer. Try restarting the computer and running the game and if that doesn't work uninstall Java altogether and then reinstall it.

I've enabled the Hey0 mod on the server to see if the bug still occurs with it.
    Type /help in game to see the new commands that you can use ;)

That's very weird, it's possible that maybe something has gone wrong with the Java Runtime Enviroment on your computer. Try restarting the computer and running the game and if that doesn't work uninstall Java altogether and then reinstall it.

I've enabled the Hey0 mod on the server to see if the bug still occurs with it.
    Type /help in game to see the new commands that you can use ;)

Neat, hey0 is working it seems.

Neat, hey0 is working it seems.
    So far... :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement