Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MajorGaming.eu's Minecraft Server

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭JustAidan

cian1500ww wrote: »
    So far... :D

Sssshh, you're not supposed to say that out loud.

Were you able to download the world data so we can run it through cartographer?

Edit: Good news, Notch found the memory leak and is fixing it next update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

JustAidan wrote: »
    Sssshh, you're not supposed to say that out loud.

Were you able to download the world data so we can run it through cartographer?
    Oops :P

Didn't go into college today because of bad weather, some lectures cancelled, *insert more bull here* etc. so I didn't get downloading the data. What I might do instead is make it accessible via. http so you and Ponster can download a copy direct from the server. Might try do that later.

Oops :P

Didn't go into college today because of bad weather, some lectures cancelled, *insert more bull here* etc. so I didn't get downloading the data. What I might do instead is make it accessible via. http so you and Ponster can download a copy direct from the server. Might try do that later.

Sweet.

Would a bunch of people be interested in doing a large walled city together?

Already worked out an anti-griefing wall :)
    xxx
    xLx
    xLx
    xLx
    xLx
    xLx
    xLx
    xLx
    x=stone, L=lava :)

That and after my last construction I realised just how long things take to build.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Sweet.

Would a bunch of people be interested in doing a large walled city together?

Already worked out an anti-griefing wall :)
    xxx
    xLx
    xLx
    xLx
    xLx
    xLx
    xLx
    xLx
    x=stone, L=lava :)

That and after my last construction I realised just how long things take to build.

Anti-griefing until some muppet decides to smash your wall from the inside.

Hope you don't plan to have much wood in that city =)

oeb wrote: »
    Anti-griefing until some muppet decides to smash your wall from the inside.

Hope you don't plan to have much wood in that city =)

Lol, that wouldn't be nice at all.

Was going for a quite large size (at least 200x200), maybe even encompassing the current spawn area if others are interested.

Once I get a map of the world sorted it may make any such plans possible :)

Lol, that wouldn't be nice at all.

Was going for a quite large size (at least 200x200), maybe even encompassing the current spawn area if others are interested.

Once I get a map of the world sorted it may make any such plans possible :)

My favorite thing to do in minecraft, is to find an interesting landmark and build something from it.

A map would certainly help.

wow 70megs. Most of my single player worlds are ~5

Edit: And it seems like its thousands of files making unziping it very slow.

Thanks Cian will throw up a map in a bit.

Edit2: Actually rendering it seems like it will take awhile, our world map is quite big.

wow 70megs. Most of my single player worlds are ~5
    Probably be even bigger after it's unzipped, there's 1000's of files in there, took a while to zip it up on the Core i7 processor of the server :eek:

• Advertisement

ok got it rendered.

Bad news is that the world map is bizarre. I can literally tell you where Korvanica walked and its made the world map very strange since it has been generated only where s/he walked.

Ok the map is 12megs even in the least intensive setting. I can't even open the isometric in paint because of insufficient resources :eek:

ok attached a mini version of the map in normal mode.

Not much I can do with the isometric version since its quite resource intensive.

Edit: had a good look and the map works pretty well. You can see a lot of detail like the redstone torches where I used to marked out my building area so that might be useful.

ok got it rendered.

Bad news is that the world map is bizarre. I can literally tell you where Korvanica walked and its made the world map very strange since it has been generated only where s/he walked.

Ok the map is 12megs even in the least intensive setting. I can't even open the isometric in paint because of insufficient resources :eek:

Not much I can do with the isometric version since its quite resource intensive.

Edit: had a good look and the map works pretty well. You can see a lot of detail like the redstone torches where I used to marked out my building area so that might be useful.
    Wow, didn't realise it was that big, plenty of space for building so :P

ok got it rendered.

I can probably work with it here, I'll render it and chop it up once I finish rendering this movie I'm working on.

New update:
    Client version 1.2.5
    Server version 0.2.7 (not mandatory, but you might want to update anyway)

* Fixed a rather bad memory leak bug in the server (entity position updates accumulated in orphaned player objects)
    * Riding carts and boats now works properly when you travel long distances.
    * Harvesting crops no longer yields fake seeds
    * Removed /home (sorry!)
    * Snowballs again!

I will start looking at server-side inventory soon in an attempt to reach beta soon.
    I’ll also fix mob jump animations in SMP, the ugly black lights, and make leaves decay again. Once that’s in place, BETA! :-D

Server updated to version 0.2.7 Hey0 mod is still on build 129 but seems to work ok

Don't like how he's rushing into beta when there is still a lot of bugs to be sorted...

Wow, didn't realise it was that big, plenty of space for building so :P

Lol, minecrafts max limit is four times the surface area of the earth supposedly.:eek:

Edit: attached the minimap with some dungeon estimates
    these can be any z-level as this only highlights their x,y co-ordinates.

Hey0 mod is causing a duplication of mobs bug, logging out and back in seems to fix it I think. No update for Hey0 for next 2-6 hours I think.

attachment.php?attachmentid=137579&stc=1&d=1291222826

As JustAidan said, someone wandered off VERY far NWW and the map expands off a huge way. I have cropped out the main play area and shrunk it down for forum use.

attachment.php?attachmentid=137579&stc=1&d=1291222826

As JustAidan said, someone wandered off VERY far NWW and the map expands off a huge way. I have cropped out the main play area and shrunk it down for forum use.

Nice, thanks oeb.

That's me up to the top left. Man it looks like we have loads of space left to build on.

Edit: err maybe we should stop people wandering off so far. No idea how it would affect performance/the server.

Nice, thanks oeb.

That's me up to the top left. Man it looks like we have loads of space left to build on.

Edit: err maybe we should stop people wandering off so far. No idea how it would affect performance/the server.

You can see my sub in the bay to the east with the two towers at the entrance, also, I have stuck a bunch of towers by the shore to the north east and north. (The square tower on the island with the bridge is a WIP.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Ah, Notch removed /home :(

Looks great!!
    The memory leak issues should have stopped now with the new update so it shouldn't affect performance that much.

I've disabled the Hey0 mod on the server until the new build is out which should be another few hours. Once it's out, I'll update and re-enable it.

Also looking for two one more mod for the server, if anyones interested let me know!! You'll need to be as active as possible and keep an eye on new players to make sure they're not griefing ;)

Must re-write the original post soon to include that map and some instructions on using Hey0 and ChestProtector.

Kersmash wrote: »

I have a feeling using /spawn with the Hey0 mod might still work, we'll know for sure when they get that update out :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

COULD YOU PLEASE enable /home ? I'm down a mine, with only two health. I'm digging "admin rock" if that tells you how far down I am. It's all lit all the way down, but I ain't walking back up with only two health if I can help it, as my health is this low due to creepers :mad: and there are more of them on the way to the surface :'(
    Kersmash wrote: »
    Ah. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU Notch :(

the_syco wrote: »
    COULD YOU PLEASE enable /home ? I'm down a mine, with only two health. I'm digging "admin rock" if that tells you how far down I am. It's all lit all teh way down, but I ain't walking back up with only two health if I can help it, as my health is this low due to creepers :mad: and there are more of them on the way to the surface :'(
    Unfortunately I can't, Notch has disabled it completely. I have a feeling that /spawn might work when Hey0 is updated. For the time being, if you're badly stuck, I can teleport you out of there if you wish?? You'll need to go online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Oeb do you have the full size image of the world? can you link to it... wanna see if any of my emervency shelters are visible :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,887 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

My Megaman still looks awesome in isometric :)

Hey Cian. Can you see who was on around 9pm, Korvanica's orchard was burnt down, lightstone smashed and the storage below flooded.

Edit: hmm could have been anytime. I noticed around 9:30.
    Korvanica the map size is quite big and resource intensive to look at, hang on, nope can't even zoom the map its too big. Think I can see lights around a building near some lava.

Retr0gamer, yeah isometric Megaman is awesome.

that sucks balls..... ah well... havent been online as my laptop cant run minecraft and the other laptop that can run it is giving me problems... see earlier posts...

"PLAYER IS NULL" WTF?

Hey Cian. Can you see who was on around 9pm, Korvanica's orchard was burnt down, lightstone smashed and the storage below flooded.

Edit: hmm could have been anytime. I noticed around 9:30.
    According to the logs, Phil was going to burn down a forest that had no wood left in it ie. just leaves, maybe that was it??

With regards to the lightstone, the following players were online roughly around 8:30pm to 9pm:
    phil1246, davsheep, Just_Aidan, cherryghost, tramble, screw2loose, harvesmoon

Korvanica wrote: »
    that sucks balls..... ah well... havent been online as my laptop cant run minecraft and the other laptop that can run it is giving me problems... see earlier posts...

"PLAYER IS NULL" WTF?
    Did you try reinstalling java??

• Advertisement

According to the logs, Phil was going to burn down a forest that had no wood left in it ie. just leaves, maybe that was it??

With regards to the lightstone, the following players were online roughly around 8:30pm to 9pm:

you mean my tree tower that i was planning on putting a building on top of... i see... also,, cut it down if you want it gone and put the bloody saplings in the chest there... jeez

you mean my tree tower that i was planning on putting a building on top of... i see... also,, cut it down if you want it gone and put the bloody saplings in the chest there... jeez
    I'm only going by the logs, wasn't online at the time so I don't know what was being burned.

Could possible have just been a mistake, lightstone and the glass below it break fairly easily, but no patching of the holes was done.

The tree farm went up about 50 levels so it was quite big, you can still see some logs burning in it, though not a lot suggesting that there was not much left.

Korvanica I dropped 32 saplings into a chest were the trees were.

Could possible have just been a mistake, lightstone and the glass below it break fairly easily, but no patching of the holes was done.

The tree farm went up about 50 levels so it was quite big, you can still see some logs burning in it, though not a lot suggesting that there was not much left.

Korvanica I dropped 32 saplings into a chest were the trees were.

Hmm, well there's nothing more I can really do. This is why we need mods and I still need one more.

Hmm, well there's nothing more I can really do. This is why we need mods and I still need one more.

Would be interested but got some collegey still stuff going on, Viva coming up etc, so that would take a lot of my attention right now.

What would you require a mod to do anyway?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I had just logged in and the place was half burning already. harvesmoon, tramble and phil were nearby

Would be interested but got some collegey still stuff going on, Viva coming up etc, so that would take a lot of my attention right now.

What would you require a mod to do anyway?
    Just keep an eye on new players that come on the server, make sure they're not griefing basically.

so annoying... keep getting the "Player is Null" error....

Reinstalling java now.. hopefully itll work....

EDIT:: nope no luck there same story...

Java log:
    Java Plug-in 1.6.0_22
    Using JRE version 1.6.0_22-b04 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
    User home directory = C:\Users\Macker

----------------------------------------------------
    c:   clear console window
    f:   finalize objects on finalization queue
    g:   garbage collect
    h:   display this help message
    l:   dump classloader list
    m:   print memory usage
    o:   trigger logging
    q:   hide console
    r:   reload policy configuration
    s:   dump system and deployment properties
    t:   dump thread list
    v:   dump thread stack
    x:   clear classloader cache
    0-5: set trace level to <n>

Setting user: korvanica, 4488319858098408613
    Loading: net.java.games.input.DirectAndRawInputEnvironmentPlugin

Starting up SoundSystem...
    Initializing LWJGL OpenAL
        (The LWJGL binding of OpenAL.  For more information, see http://www.lwjgl.org)
    OpenAL initialized.

Player is null
    Player is null
    Player is now null

This happens as soon as I press connect.. As soon as the last line appears the client is closed and java quits out... I am presuming its a java problem...

so annoying... keep getting the "Player is Null" error....

Reinstalling java now.. hopefully itll work....

EDIT:: nope no luck there same story...

Java log:
    Java Plug-in 1.6.0_22
    Using JRE version 1.6.0_22-b04 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
    User home directory = C:\Users\Macker

c:   clear console window
    f:   finalize objects on finalization queue
    g:   garbage collect
    h:   display this help message
    l:   dump classloader list
    m:   print memory usage
    o:   trigger logging
    q:   hide console
    r:   reload policy configuration
    s:   dump system and deployment properties
    t:   dump thread list
    v:   dump thread stack
    x:   clear classloader cache
    0-5: set trace level to <n>

Setting user: korvanica, 4488319858098408613
    Loading: net.java.games.input.DirectAndRawInputEnvironmentPlugin

Starting up SoundSystem...
    Initializing LWJGL OpenAL
        (The LWJGL binding of OpenAL.  For more information, see http://www.lwjgl.org)
    OpenAL initialized.

Player is null
    Player is null
    Player is now null

This happens as soon as I press connect.. As soon as the last line appears the client is closed and java quits out... I am presuming its a java problem...
    Very strange, might be a good idea to ask on minecraftforums.net

Oeb do you have the full size image of the world? can you link to it... wanna see if any of my emervency shelters are visible :D

The are,
    I'll upload it when I get into the office.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

The are,
    I'll upload it when I get into the office.

It's 60Mb fully rendered but perhaps much smaller if we just focus on the part of the world in and around the spawn point.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Just keep an eye on new players that come on the server, make sure they're not griefing basically.

I could mod but in reality I spend most of my time underground so I'm not too sure what I could actually do.

Unless you have a mod following new players around then I don't see how we can prevent people from doing whatever they want to !

Ponster wrote: »
    It's 60Mb fully rendered but perhaps much smaller if we just focus on the part of the world in and around the spawn point.

I know =) But the big massive rambling trail that goes of to the NW is what he specifically wants to see.

ah if its too big dont worry about it...

I've updated Hey0 on the server to build 130 which works fine from what I've seen so far. Good news is that by using /sethome you can set a location to be teleported to using the /home command, another words /home still works thanks to Hey0 :D
    Ponster wrote: »
    I could mod but in reality I spend most of my time underground so I'm not too sure what I could actually do.

Unless you have a mod following new players around then I don't see how we can prevent people from doing whatever they want to !
    Fair enough, it's hard to know how to stop them but I thought an increased presence of mods on the server would discourage griefing.

ah if its too big dont worry about it...

It's about 60mb, my ftp server keeps crapping out.

Here is a description on how to make your own.

Download the file cian provided a page or two ago.
    Extract it somewhere easy to access (Lest say c:\minecraftmap)

Get Cartograph

Run it, in world select (To the left) choose the last option (custom) and type the address of where you put the map in the box (ie c:\minecraftmap), choose isometric for the render type, and click render.

This can take a fair while to render so might be best to set it running before you go out to lunch or something.

Hahaha, i really should have brought a compass with me when exploring..... :D

You can see my last hut in the top left where i left loads of diamond stuff and resources and planted trees everywhere...

and on the right you can see my beach mini castle where phil saved my ass from about 30 mobs....:D

I've updated Hey0 on the server to build 130 which works fine from what I've seen so far. Good news is that by using /sethome you can set a location to be teleported to using the /home command, another words /home still works thanks to Hey0 :D

Fair enough, it's hard to know how to stop them but I thought an increased presence of mods on the server would discourage griefing.

Ponster makes a good point. Minecraft isn't exactly a mod friendly game due to its size. Since we actually haven't *had* much in the way of problems, someone taking stuff from a chest, someone burning down a woodless tree farm which is more of a misunderstanding, we may just be better off going on for now then in a month or two upgrade all the constant players, who have been playing awhile, to mod status.

Just a suggestion, the increased numbers would mean more world coverage.

ill be offline for a while, (unless i can find another pc) i give up on that problem im having....

Its a problem with the laptop and java itself, and has been happening for a month or 2 apparently, and of course the owner hasn't bothered his hole fixing it...

enjoy!

• Advertisement

Ponster makes a good point. Minecraft isn't exactly a mod friendly game due to its size. Since we actually haven't *had* much in the way of problems, someone taking stuff from a chest, someone burning down a woodless tree farm which is more of a misunderstanding, we may just be better off going on for now then in a month or two upgrade all the constant players, who have been playing awhile, to mod status.

Just a suggestion, the increased numbers would mean more world coverage.
    Yeah, I'll do that so. We have three mods at the moment: oeb, phil1246 and jumparound22.

Advertisement